TTY: Morrissey y Malvinas

Morrissey y Malvinas - true-to-you.net
15 December 2015

Political hope died with the wrong one among many wrong ones; that thug of ego overload known as Margaret Thatcher. Proudly wearing the badge of the brute, thug Thatcher murdered Argentinian boys and gave the world the thumbs up. Atrocity has some validation if ownership is the final result, and to hell with intellect! Ensconced on her own throne, thug Thatcher's glut of excess set almost every major British city alight in flames. But that wasn't enough. Dressed in combat gear (!) the show-'em-all pilot blew up Argentina's Belgrano even though it posed no threat to British troops; youth too soon gone. England wondered how badly it had behaved in order to deserve Margaret Thatcher, who invented a civilization of hate. Legless war heroes still support Thatcher, for if they did not, they would be forced to face the truth of their lives: that their limbs were used to fuel her ego.
The Malvinas belong to the people of Argentina, not least of all because they are right here, in the windily warm Argentinian air. The Malvinas are not three miles west of Knightsbridge. Thatcher the destroyer did not care whether British or Argentinian lives were lost, and it is only her menu of horrors that ensure her legacy. No Thatcher monument would ever stand on British soil, for it would be felled in an instant as a symbol of poisoned terror. However, world peace is none of your business.

​Morrissey
​15 December 2015
​Buenos Aires

Photograph of Morrissey taken on 14 December 2015 in Argentina by Ginger Shortcake.

morrissey_in_argentina.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't. The United States has given the world wonderful things. It is a noble country. War graves across the world are filled with the bodies of their young men who fell preserving democracy and fighting against totalitarianism.

The youth of the west is fast becoming indolent and ignorant in equal measure, as many posts in this thread clearly prove. The old adage about those who fail to learn from history repeat it has rarely been more true than right now. The western democracies and their allies are today the only bulwark against a return to chaos.

rs_500x366-150706101834-tumblr_inline_nqyaseenMN1qfyajs_500.gif

Yes, like many others, I am increasingly embarrassed to be a Morrissey fan. Perhaps, before the internet, before there were so many trolls with a platform they ceased to be a novelty, we could believe it was ironic, or iconoclastic, or interesting, or perhaps Morrissey really has become distinctly more crass than he used to be. In any case, it's very sad.

It's entirely predictable that, as long as there's a way to oppose a long-standing enemy, he'll choose any cause to hand, without any qualms about nuance, historical research, or anything of the kind. Apparently, merely to oppose is the mark of unparalleled intellect.

I'll limit myself here to a few observations on prose and content:

"... thug Thatcher's glut of excess..."

A fairly infelicitous phrase, since 'glut' and 'excess' overlap in meaning. An excess of excess?

"England wondered how badly it had behaved in order to deserve Margaret Thatcher, who invented a civilization of hate."

Surely she didn't invent it? She might have been in power for a while and steered it in a particular direction, but "invented a civilization of hate"? This is not even a sixth-form standard of prose.

"Legless war heroes still support Thatcher, for if they did not, they would be forced to face the truth of their lives: that their limbs were used to fuel her ego."

Well, good job Morrissey's on hand (excuse the pun) to enlighten them.

"The Malvinas belong to the people of Argentina, not least of all because they are right here, in the windily warm Argentinian air."

Even closer to the islands are its actual inhabitants, the majority of whom do not want Argentinian rule.

"The Malvinas are not three miles west of Knightsbridge."

Neither is Morrissey, and he hasn't been for a long time.

"Thatcher the destroyer did not care whether British or Argentinian lives were lost, and it is only her menu of horrors that ensure her legacy."

Menu of horrors? "I'll have the eye-gouging for starters and the Mengele Surprise to follow, with a side-order of genetic mutation, please." Menu of horrors?

"However, world peace is none of your business."

Cringey, self-important quoting of self.

I do like his singing voice, though... I am just genuinely perplexed by the question of whether he's always been this thick, and I've just never noticed until recently, or whether he has somehow massively declined in intelligence in the last few years. I don't think that people do usually decline in intelligence without carbon monoxide poisoning or a sharp blow to the head, so either this is a side-effect of the music industry of which we should take careful note, or else it is a side-effect of the music industry to disguise idiocy while a person's glamour is at its height, only for it to show through more and more as the glamour fades.
As we get older any unresolved issue's fester and it becomes worse and worse. So I'm afraid this crazy train could get worse. If the email to Universal is any indication he's going to pull Boz Boorer down with him.
So kiddies the moral of the story is bad things happen in your life,you can't change it, so move on. If don't in your 50's and later this will be your future.

I don't. The United States has given the world wonderful things. It is a noble country. War graves across the world are filled with the bodies of their young men who fell preserving democracy and fighting against totalitarianism.

The youth of the west is fast becoming indolent and ignorant in equal measure, as many posts in this thread clearly prove. The old adage about those who fail to learn from history repeat it has rarely been more true than right now. The western democracies and their allies are today the only bulwark against a return to chaos.

Are you really that naive? You've been eating up everything that CNN and other "reputable" sources are spoon-feeding you. Job well done. I suggest you pay a visit to a library and read up on politics (preferably not from American authors), but Noam Chomsky will do.

It would take me at least 30 pages to explain to you what is wrong with the US of A.

I don't believe Margaret would have got a death file statement if she'd fallen and banged her head or a heart attack etc. But because it was suicide he was compelled to jump on the back of it. He believes they are the brave ones, they never asked to be born according to him. When you read some of the hardcore cult followers comments on here, his comments are very irresponsible and would be best kept to himself.
He could do a lot better to read up on his Falklands war history for starters.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I'm not at all sure that's true. Other bands eulogize their hardcore fans, and acknowledge a loss on the front lines. Had she died any other way, he may very well have released a statement acknowledging her devotion through the years.

Morrissey certainly does wax lyrical on the subject of suicide though - no question. He's clearly given it an awful lot of thought. Several years ago I was chatting on the subway with a very young man who I saw at quite a few gigs. I asked him what it was about Morrissey that so appealed to someone less than half his age. The kid said that it was Morrissey's obvious despair that always drew him back in. I believe that he said something to the effect of "there's sometimes a point when it seems like he'll just kill himself onstage." The pain is a feature, not a bug. For a certain type of person, Morrissey is cathartic. John Lennon had the same quality: a terrible vulnerability. It's the toughest thing to show to an audience, and I've always admired him for it.

As for Morrissey's grasp of history: I agree wholeheartedly - he suffers from a debilitating case of rage-induced myopia. His pathological hatred of the royal family and Margaret Thatcher (and I'm not a big fan of either by the way) has short-circuited any ability he may have had to discuss world events rationally. Too bad for him: when you let someone twist you into bitterness, they win.

Speaking of which: "cult followers." Are there really any left who post here? Morrissey doesn't need to be knocked off his pedestal by certain users on this website - he jumped down from his lofty perch a while back. Now, barring a last-minute miracle, it's just a slow descent to the bottom. Personally, I wish him well. I hope he really does retire to an animal sanctuary and turn his back on humans once and for all - he'll be a happier man for it.

I'm not at all sure that's true. Other bands eulogize their hardcore fans, and acknowledge a loss on the front lines. Had she died any other way, he may very well have released a statement acknowledging her devotion through the years.

Morrissey certainly does wax lyrical on the subject of suicide though - no question. He's clearly given it an awful lot of thought. Several years ago I was chatting on the subway with a very young man who I saw at quite a few gigs. I asked him what it was about Morrissey that so appealed to someone less than half his age. The kid said that it was Morrissey's obvious despair that always drew him back in. I believe that he said something to the effect of "there's sometimes a point when it seems like he'll just kill himself onstage." The pain is a feature, not a bug. For a certain type of person, Morrissey is cathartic. John Lennon had the same quality: a terrible vulnerability. It's the toughest thing to show to an audience, and I've always admired him for it.

As for Morrissey's grasp of history: I agree wholeheartedly - he suffers from a debilitating case of rage-induced myopia. His pathological hatred of the royal family and Margaret Thatcher (and I'm not a big fan of either by the way) has short-circuited any ability he may have had to discuss world events rationally. Too bad for him: when you let someone twist you into bitterness, they win.

Speaking of which: "cult followers." Are there really any left who post here? Morrissey doesn't need to be knocked off his pedestal by certain users on this website - he jumped down from his lofty perch a while back. Now, barring a last-minute miracle, it's just a slow descent to the bottom. Personally, I wish him well. I hope he really does retire to an animal sanctuary and turn his back on humans once and for all - he'll be a happier man for it.

yes a ton. marred, cicada, ketamine, poet, 'irish blood british passport', countthree, that new chick who suddenly appears to attack skinny, the gay dude from the blue rose, etc etc

"Fans", regularly, can't decide if they think Moz is mentally ill or not. One day he is, one day he's not. But the funny thing is that it apparently doesn't make a difference for them. He is being attacked and blamed regardless. But if one REALLY believes that there is some form of mental illness involved, how the hell could one blame that person then?. How easy/difficult would it be for that person to remain on that pedestal everyone had put him on? How could that person ever manage that? It's impossible. Don't you think there are times in an artists life when there are more severe things to worry about than remaining on that f***ing pedestal?

yes a ton. marred, cicada, ketamine, poet, 'irish blood british passport', countthree, that new chick who suddenly appears to attack skinny, the gay dude from the blue rose, etc etc

The only "cult follower" who might possibly harm themselves or others is the guy from Blue Rose (who I've met, and who is clearly out of his mind). Everyone else on this list seems sane enough to me.

Then again, I don't keep up like I used to.

There is one thing I have learned from this board. Brits and people from the Republic of Ireland will always hate each other and this is something that will always make the USA superior than all you Brits, Euros, South Americans, Serbs, and Transylvanians. You will kill each other at the drop of a hat or if someone doesn't like your Kickball team. No wonder why there are 35 million people in the USA of Irish Catholic lineage. Anonymous-

300,000 americans have been killed by americans in the last decade thicko.

4ck me your a star, laughed my bollocks off at that "Irish blood British passport" line.
Whoever you are have a fantastic Christmas and best wishes for the new year.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

You're as thick as barleycunt, the Republic of Ireland wasn't formed until 1937, the Brits were kicked out in 1922 when the free state was formed, therefore Britain never "owned" the Republic of Ireland you thick prick, British colonialism is dead, time for the Brits to get out of the six counties, the Maldives, and Gibraltar

I think you need to look up a definition of "colonialism" before proceeding further.

You don't get it, clearly, probably because you have sociopathic behaviors. Spare me your dime store cliche's, "when you let someone twist you into bitterness, they win." Where did you read that, inside the cap of a snapple?

You, maybe more than anyone, are a cult follower too, everyone here IS, especially your precious dork friend, David T. Your condescending tone is hilarious and filled with irony, I'm sure your fame and success is increasing by the day. f*** off, you dumb idiot and take your "well wishes" with you too.

A ton? Are you stupid?

tumblr_inline_nchyx9VBuA1sqf2ij.gif

large.gif

agathac....pokey....too many to count. moz says jump you all rush to the roof.
the question that everyone is asking themselves is why 'irish blood british passport' stays put at the Scottish pub instead of doing a nighttime disembarking somewhere along the Irish coast and liberate a pint over there.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom