Cinco De Morrissey - true-to-you.net
3 November 2015

cinco_de_morrissey.jpg

artist unknown

Only Morrissey can judge me - true-to-you.net
3 November 2015

only_morrissey_can_judge_me.jpg

Related item:

It looks like the artwork for some generic horror movie.

Greece had two days heavy raining... I am sure we should blame Morrissey, shouldn't we?

is there something to the fact hes wearing a dress on the thsirt?

Oh yay. Morrissey dressed as a culture appropriating 22 year old blonde woman for halloween! It's a popular choice.

Oh yay. Morrissey dressed as a culture appropriating 22 year old blonde woman for halloween! It's a popular choice.

I think the point here is Mexicans themselves created the homages.

Can you explain how people using the iconography of their own culture considered cultural re-appropriation?

I think the point here is Mexicans themselves created the homages.

Can you explain how people using the iconography of their own culture considered cultural re-appropriation?

I think my point is that this style is played out to the point of no return. Yes, it is an important cultural tradition for Latinos, but that doesn't mean
that years of seeing such things plastered all over T-shirts, shit tattoos, and on and on has not diluted the impact for me.

Besides, I was simply making a joke- which as recent studies have shown- 78% of Morrissey fans are physically and mentally incapable of.

I think my point is that this style is played out to the point of no return. Yes, it is an important cultural tradition for Latinos, but that doesn't mean
that years of seeing such things plastered all over T-shirts, shit tattoos, and on and on has not diluted the impact for me.

Besides, I was simply making a joke- which as recent studies have shown- 78% of Morrissey fans are physically and mentally incapable of.

I mean if you're going to call a culture a ''style'' you've already saying/doing something just as dumb and insensitive as ''20 year old white girls'' wearing the make up for halloween.
Also I'm almost certain most Latino's wouldn't care what you or anybody else thinks about their culture's ''impact'', that's not the point.

Morrissey fans are ''physically'' incapable of making a joke? What does that even mean? Are you saying everybody here is paralysed?
Sure you can say you are making jokes but I can't seem to find any... Anybody else having any luck?

I mean if you're going to call a culture a ''style'' you've already saying/doing something just as dumb and insensitive as ''20 year old white girls'' wearing the make up for halloween.
Also I'm almost certain most Latino's wouldn't care what you or anybody else thinks about their culture's ''impact'', that's not the point.

Morrissey fans are ''physically'' incapable of making a joke? What does that even mean? Are you saying everybody here is paralysed?
Sure you can say you are making jokes but I can't seem to find any... Anybody else having any luck?

I never said I was sensitive, did I?
The only jokes most Morrissey fans seem capable of on this site are a tired variation on feigned indignation. Yawn.

I never said I was sensitive, did I?
The only jokes most Morrissey fans seem capable of on this site are a tired variation on feigned indignation. Yawn.

"feigned indignation"

So like pretending to be offended by a blog post for the basis of a "joke"?

Would that be "feigned indignance" or something else?

10/10 for mental gymnastics

I don't think he's calling a culture a style. He saying (it seems to me)..that a part of this cultures traditional form of expression has been turned into a style/fashion.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom