TTY: Photomontages by Sam Esty Rayner (4 total)

An anonymous person sends the link:

Photomontages - true-to-you.net

Photomontages by Sam Esty Rayner (4 total)

38688_nfp7.jpg

Last edited:
Everything that Sam does is awful. Clear as day. But it's not uncommon for folk to believe they're good at things when they're not. Makes me smile.

Moz might as well do them himself or refrain from crediting, i mean it isn't going to get sam any work.

This is great. Morrissey declares nobody for president. Sam E. does a good job. It's just supposed to be a joke anyway.

Last edited:
What happened to his idea of electing a black or female president? He doesn't live here and he doesn't vote. Why does bother to tell us what to do? Dont vote. Don't eat meat. Download Kiss Me A lot.

I do think this is the worst one I've seen. With everyone having access to photo editors this sort of artwork somehow seems less valid than it did back when you still needed some sort of skill, talent, or at least effort to do it. But still that shows my own bias and my conservative outlook.
The voices of the real. And the imagined cry: "The future is passing you by. The future is passing you by"
So art doesn't need to require talent to be valid, but I think then it does require, either a good idea, or at least an original one. This is neither. And it feels like theft of the original photographer because it really adds nothing. It's not a parody, it's not really a statement, it's just there. And now it's here.

Someone please take photoshop away from Sammy boy. He can't do a montage for shite. These are embarrassing. Go back to practicing law silly little boy. You have no artistic ability. Your photography is crap. You don't know composition or lighting or framing or ANY FREAKIN THING. Your photoshop skills suck even more. Your perspective is all wrong. Your typography is horrid. Go away. GO AWAY you're ruining what was left of your uncles reputation. Is there no one to tell morrissey the truth? WTF?

Not voting is probably not a good recommendation at this point.

Every vote against the pompous bigot is important.

Last edited:
News Flash!

He does live here. He has lived in L.A. since 1996. Guess some things never change.

Ever heard of Moz Angeles?

The fact that modern systems don't take in consideration the message sended by people who don't vote is a big flaw of "democracy", as is called this particular system of twisting people's voice and interests. The whole system is carefully designed to produce only certain kind of winners in the highest positions of the government.
Excuse me for the next disgusting image, but it's very accurate: you can only vote for the kind of shit you are going to eat. No more, no less. Go ahead, vote for the less fetid one. It's your only choice.

It baffles me how some people here waste their time venomously attacking these pictures. They're not meant to be masterpieces, just quick photoshop pictorial comments. Just because some of the seams are showing does that really matter? I guess he's related to Morrissey so so he's welcome fodder isn't he? I mean ffs if he spends hours doing these then maybe but my guess is they take minutes, if that.

It baffles me how some people here waste their time venomously attacking these pictures. They're not meant to be masterpieces, just quick photoshop pictorial comments. Just because some of the seams are showing does that really matter? I guess he's related to Morrissey so so he's welcome fodder isn't he? I mean ffs if he spends hours doing these then maybe but my guess is they take minutes, if that.

Sometimes people talk about the details of format and technicalities when they fail to understand the underlying message. Or worse, they don't want to think about it.

Forget about the motivation, they are simply utter shit, less than amateurish. And an artist you admire wants you to admire them. But let's leave all that aside for a moment - would it baffle you also if folk were praising these 'photomontages'? As you say, they're not meant to be masterpieces, but would you be baffled if people liked them? Or is it simply the fact that people, on the whole, don't like them that gives you the opportunity to have a go at them?

Last edited:
Forget about the motivation, they are simply utter shit, less than amateurish. And an artist you admire wants you to admire them. But let's leave all that aside for a moment - would it baffle you also if folk were praising these 'photomontages'? As you say, they're not meant to be masterpieces, but would you be baffled if people liked them? Or is it simply the fact that people, on the whole, don't like them that gives you the opportunity to have a go at them?

No it wouldn't baffle me if people liked them, but it would if they shouted from the rooftops declaring them fantastic. Is Rayner a professional Graphic Designer? I don't think he is. If you can get that worked up over the works of an amateur then try taking a breath and put it in context. Save your venom for a more worthy adversary.

Oh and nowhere does it say that Morrissey wants you to admire them. Wanting people to admire him has never been Morrissey's forte. If you have a message you want to share you hope it comes across clear regardless of the vitriol it might insight which it clearly has with you.

Last edited:
Sometimes people talk about the details of format and technicalities when they fail to understand the underlying message. Or worse, they don't want to think about it.

Yeah I don't think for a second Rayner is crossing his fingers hoping to get a book published. They're the equivalent of a quick sketch or doodle passed between school kids which is not to demean the message he was trying to execute. Whining about seams seems, um kind of pointless I guess.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom