TTY: San Francisco International Airport, part 2

Yes, he even wrote a song about it once "It's my life to ruin my own way", and even before that, when he was in band called The Smiths he sang "I am sick and I am dull and I am plain, how dearly I would love to get carried away". So you're not right in the head, but nor is Moz. Also a song. The thing is he's always said outrageous things, so he hasn't changed. It's you and other former fans who have, who are angry for Moz having taken such a large part of your lives, and who now want him to go, permanantly, just as Mark Chapman wanted with the singer of your beloved band. But of course he won't go and you won't act, and so you are still here, making a complete fool of yourself because all you need is Moz (also a song).

How very f***ing sad are you, and how sad have you been.

Yes, you're right, I'm just like Mark Chapman. How very "outrageous" and Morrissey-esque of you! Mindless idiot.

See post above. Do you excuse Morrissey himself wishing death on people?
"And the pain was enough to make
A shy, bald, buddhist reflect
And plan a mass murder"

"When will you die?"

1987, 1988, kids, and you in your puny little minds didn't care, weren't outraged.
The Sun was though. And now here you are.

Morrissey himself has recently wished death on people on TTY, and it's not the first time he's done it. Do you excuse his behaviour? How is it different?

Morrissey does it with wit and charm, which you lack, that is the difference.

so stop trying to be Morrissey.

And that should tell you everything you need to know about Morrissey.... an unknown, but not small number of his fans are critical to the point of being angry towards him, yet they stick around to discuss him instead of just letting him go.

Actually i am more and more letting him go. As I wrote earlier, didn't bother to see him when he played my town in Octover, didn't bother buying World Peace. And while peopel can fight here, bring up pro/con arguements, call each other names, more and more fans are ''letting him go''. No need to believe me, see his stance in pop music today. How far he fell from grace. He can critisize Bowie and Ferry as much as he wants, he will never get teh same icon status, and he can only blame himself.

"And the pain was enough to make
A shy, bald, buddhist reflect
And plan a mass murder"

"When will you die?"

1987, 1988, kids, and you in your puny little minds didn't care, weren't outraged.
The Sun was though. And now here you are.

Maybe some of the posters here can get a job at the Sun, That's not if they are already employed there. Oh wait, some of them already write for Stereogum.

Nice answer. I agree, but it is hard not to let yourself be affected if that person is very dear to you. We are talking about something Morrissey said, though, in poor taste, simply put. So, how does this affect the simple minded? Am I a simpleton if I let it roll by without questioning, or am I a simpleton for letting the words he used affect me? My choice in this matter is to question. Either way, it won't better or change the world. Well, maybe the World of Morrissey. I don't know.

No, he doesn't care, and that is one thing about Morrissey that I've always admired. He lives by his own rules, but, that said, there comes a time when he's got to realize he's going too far off the edge, so to speak. He can't sit and lament that no one is interested in his music when all he's been doing lately is deliberately pissing people off. I love Morrissey, KS. I want to see him back in the game with new music. I want to see him in person again and I want to hold his hand once more, but if something doesn't change, that won't happen. Is it too late? I sincerely hope not...

These images and statements may all be put up on TTY for shits and giggles, and maybe he's rolling his eyes at all the serious replies, but even I can't laugh this time.

Yes off the rails and it seems his norm to be so. He's gone 'off the edge' years ago..Actually on the day he decided to put pen to paper and say/sing the things he does... well, to be who he is in a world like ours is totally bonkers! And BECAUSE of that I tip my hat to him every time. And THAT is why I love the man.

And yes let his postings make you question not just what he says but the world and all of it's insanity in general.
Now no one should turn a blind eye...BUT it's up to the viewer to understand in the context of who he is and well since we don't exactly know(and never will) we/strangers have to make assumptions or surmise with out any actual proof of why he said such things. Which when hateful posters run to their 'conclusions' based on their wild imaginings and mad reasons 'why' M said this or 'why' M said that... It's truly laughable.

I'm guilty of this myself though from the loving angle...And it's then that I have to step back and say...Am I writing because of what M said or am I replying to a hateful post and in doing so I have to go so low and use derogatory words just so they will better understand me. And who does it benefit for me to even bother ?

At that point I find it's better to back away from the keyboard and make some toast... And by doing so (as an example) one must in their small ways make choices such as...What shall I butter my toast with 'real' butter? Or vegan ? Will the jam be made with cane animal friendly sugar or white sugar? And then one can start to feel guilty for using sugar at all. And so on. But it's in these small ways that one (i feel) makes such a difference.

peace, kS :)

Last edited:
Yes off the rails and it seems his norm to be so. He's gone 'off the edge' years ago..Actually on the day he decided to put pen to paper and say/sing the things he does... well, to be who he is in a world like ours is totally bonkers! And BECAUSE of that I tip my hat to him every time. And THAT is why I love the man.

And yes let his postings make you question not just what he says but the world and all of it's insanity in general.
Now no one should turn a blind eye...BUT it's up to the viewer to understand in the context of who he is and well since we don't exactly know(and never will) we/strangers have to make assumptions or surmise with out any actual proof of why he said such things. Which when posters run to their 'conclusions' based on their wild imaginings and mad reasons 'why' M said this or 'why' M said that... It's truly laughable.

I'm guilty of this myself though from the loving angle...And it's then that I have to step back and say...Am I writing because of what M said or am I replying to a hateful post and doing so I have to go so low and use derogatory words just so they will better understand me. And who does it benefit for me to even bother ?

At that point I find it's better to back away from the keyboard and make some toast... And by doing so (as an example) one must in their small ways make choices such as...What shall I butter my toast with 'real' butter? Or vegan ? Will the jam be made with cane animal friendly sugar or white sugar? And then one can start to feel guilty for using sugar at all. And so on. But it's in these small ways that one (i feel) makes such a difference.

He dismisses an entire country as a sub species, compares a mass shooting to fast food production and tries to implicate a member of the British Royal Family in the tragic suicide of a nurse.

You really don't need a Masters in Psychology to think there is no context other than he is an out of touch, politically naive misanthrope.

Up until a couple of years ago, I would have pretty much blindly defended him like some of the other contributors to this site. But is now ridiculous to put his more hate filled statements down to artistic temperament.

He dismisses an entire country as a sub species, compares a mass shooting to fast food production and tries to implicate a member of the British Royal Family in the tragic suicide of a nurse.

You really don't need a Masters in Psychology to think there is no context other than he is an out of touch, politically naive misanthrope.

Up until a couple of years ago, I would have pretty much blindly defended him like some of the other contributors to this site. But is now ridiculous to put his more hate filled statements down to artistic temperament.

I'm glad you high lighted my quote... So again,

'Now no one should turn a blind eye...BUT it's up to the viewer to understand in the context of who he is and well since we don't exactly know(and never will) we/strangers have to make assumptions or surmise with out any actual proof of why he said such things. Which when hateful posters run to their 'conclusions' based on their wild imaginings and mad reasons 'why' M said this or 'why' M said that... It's truly laughable.'

And yes someone on the outside who doesn't know his music would look at it as ...that 'he is an out of touch,politically naive misanthrope.' So be it. They have comfy lives.. snug in the limitations of their consensual reality. And to the people that you think his postings are directed toward... I think they have more important issues to deal with and can care less about what 'some singer' is saying.

Also to add... As far as M. I don't think he cares if anyone disagrees with what he says. He can't control what others 'think' anyways.
And as I've said in other posts.. I think he feels he needs to say things in a extreme way in order to draw attention to a issue/subject that he feels strongly about, Regardless of how 'crazy' it sounds OR what other people might 'think'.

Attention drawn, YOURS.

We all have a choice.

kS, :straightface:

Last edited:

Now no one should turn a blind eye...BUT it's up to the viewer to understand in the context of who he is and well since we don't exactly know(and never will) we/strangers have to make assumptions or surmise with out any actual proof of why he said such things. Which when hateful posters run to their 'conclusions' based on their wild imaginings and mad reasons 'why' M said this or 'why' M said that... It's truly laughable.

I'm guilty of this myself though from the loving angle...And it's then that I have to step back and say...Am I writing because of what M said or am I replying to a hateful post and in doing so I have to go so low and use derogatory words just so they will better understand me. And who does it benefit for me to even bother ?

Very thoughtful, at least we see your view, which cannot be shit on for its merit of truth to you.

Yes dear KS, he produces change. You need to make a revolution to change an old and unfair system. His revolutionary weapons are his lyrics and his voice. Sometimes a curse or an insult. But he never supported bombs, war, killings, colonization, butcheries, exploitation, etc. He embarrassed himself to make us feel less embarrassed. He came from nothing and made a change in the world... with beautiful music.

Sometimes a curse or an insult. But he never supported bombs, war, killings...

Are we talking about the same Morrissey? The one who supported violent action by the IRA and animal rights movements? The one who called for the deaths of Margaret Thatcher, Bernard Matthews, Gail Shea, Johnny Rogan, etc etc and recently called for zoos to be bombed back to the Stone Age? Morrissey may be many things, but Ghandi, he ain't:

"I'm not totally averse to violence. I think it's quite attractively necessary in some extremes"
"From the time you that you get hit when you're a child, violence is the only answer. Conversation is pointless".
"Personally, I'm an incurably peaceable character. But where does it get you? Nowhere. You have to be violent".
Etc, etc...

I wonder if davidt ever considered closing the site down only leaving a Page with the phrase "the Queen is dead, he brought it on his own" as a message for moz, just telling him how he alinated is fanbase with his antics. Really Morrissey bashes this site but its only this site who keeps him alive. I feel bad for moz. This must be a bad time for him. I really hope he gets his sense back. Because when all is said and done, he is still just the pale sensitive manchester boy we love. I dont know if he needs a slap or a hug, our moz. It could go so far that he ends his life( horrible thought)

When did Morrissey ever state he supports the IRA? He lives in Malibu and shops at the Glendale Galleria. Anonymous-

I wonder if davidt ever considered closing the site down only leaving a Page with the phrase "the Queen is dead, he brought it on his own" as a message for moz, just telling him how he alinated is fanbase with his antics. Really Morrissey bashes this site but its only this site who keeps him alive. I feel bad for moz. This must be a bad time for him. I really hope he gets his sense back. Because when all is said and done, he is still just the pale sensitive manchester boy we love. I dont know if he needs a slap or a hug, our moz. It could go so far that he ends his life( horrible thought)

He's not alienated me! I think he was assaulted by a nazi in a uniform!

Cameron and his meat and hunting fetish are a million times worse than Isis - they wouldn't stoop that low. Morrissey is correct. Unlike the baby and innocent child killers of the RAF and our politicians.

It's all lies for their self interest and Morrissey knows it! They hate Muslims, they want you to hate them too.

See the harsh truth!

Should be fun when he comes back to SF this month. Think he'll invite the TSA screener to the show?

Does Julia still go to the shows? No word on her for ages. I would like to ask her if she has ever considered not posting something when she was asked.

He's not alienated me! I think he was assaulted by a nazi in a uniform!

Cameron and his meat and hunting fetish are a million times worse than Isis - they wouldn't stoop that low. Morrissey is correct. Unlike the baby and innocent child killers of the RAF and our politicians.

It's all lies for their self interest and Morrissey knows it! They hate Muslims, they want you to hate them too.

See the harsh truth!

Isis is not islam. Its a bunch of bloodthirsty freaks doing it falsely in the name if islam. Islam is a religon of peace. They consider that animals have souls unlike for example christianity. If western socity was a cholate bar they would eat themselfs. But isis has stooped lower than the tsa

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom