TTY: SMITHS 45 - Morrissey involved in new Smiths 45 on Warner (Boy With The Thorn/Rubber Ring)

SMITHS 45 - true-to-you.net
29 November 2016

39450_screenshot_20161129_180942.jpg

Warner UK will release a previously unissued version of The Boy With The Thorn In His Side as a physical 45. The sleeve, above, is by Morrissey, with layout by Darren Evans at Warner UK. The B-side is a previously unissued version of Rubber Ring.
The sleeve image is Salford actor Albert Finney.
Details of availability of the record will follow shortly.

I hope that Warner will do the next Morrissey album then.

Related media:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's nice and more than a little surreal to see brand new Smiths cover art designed by Morrissey.

Since Warner just recently shut down the original hipsterdisco/"Just the Smiths and Morrissey" YouTube channel, I wouldn't be surprised if these two "previously unreleased" tracks were uploaded there (or already floating around online elsewhere) but I hope I'm wrong. Smiths material new to my ears is a hell of an exciting prospect.

Like others, I'm wondering if this release is leading up to something more substantial. Not a reunion, but possibly a 30th anniversary edition of The Queen Is Dead as someone else speculated. "The Boy With the Thorn in His Side" b/w "Rubber Ring/Asleep" single did precede the album's original release.

The previously unreleased version of Rubber Ring has been widely available for many years, though it will be nice to hear it without the sound of the tape getting chewed up towards the end.
The previously unreleased version of The Boy With The Thorn In His Side has also been available for a while, although not so widely.

It was Heaven Knows. Strangeways was Harvey Keitel. Sorry to be a know-it-all.
cornflakes,nothing wrong with being a know it all.

It's nice and more than a little surreal to see brand new Smiths cover art designed by Morrissey.

Since Warner just recently shut down the original hipsterdisco/"Just the Smiths and Morrissey" YouTube channel, I wouldn't be surprised if these two "previously unreleased" tracks were uploaded there (or already floating around online elsewhere) but I hope I'm wrong. Smiths material new to my ears is a hell of an exciting prospect.

Like others, I'm wondering if this release is leading up to something more substantial. Not a reunion, but possibly a 30th anniversary edition of The Queen Is Dead as someone else speculated. "The Boy With the Thorn in His Side" b/w "Rubber Ring/Asleep" single did precede the album's original release.

They are running out of time for a 30th year anniversary release.....it was released on June 16 1986! Your move Warner Bros!
giphy.gif

So irony abounds on this single release. I would almost say this must have been the original picture he wanted to use. I wish they would have sepia toned it like the original sleeves. This is a bit too dark.

Who's the 2017 Glastonbury headline act? Could it be the Smiths or a Morrissey/Marr collaboration, I think they may have been pulling the wool over everyone's eye's, just a thought, who know's

I think that's incredibly unlikely and99% impossible, but even just reading that has my mouth watering. Oh how I love to imagine such things. I mean, seems like Moz is currently free for 2017.

according to wikipedia, "the boy with the thorn..." appeared on the album "the queen is dead", however "rubber ring" was a non album track, only appearing on compilations, hence it's inclusion as the b side.

according to wikipedia, "the boy with the thorn..." appeared on the album "the queen is dead", however "rubber ring" was a non album track, only appearing on compilations, hence it's inclusion as the b side.

Don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia.

Oh it hasn't been so very long since the 'reciprocal tumescence' Joel & Jag cover art; has it?

hi_2009_singlescdbox_box_1.jpg

:brows:

If you haven't seen it yet, the latest nephew art tribute on TTY breaks new ground.

Yes.
But is it relevant to Morrissey's careful aestatics with regard to the single sleeve? I don't think so.
This ruins it.

Sam should not mingle with that. These are Smiths aestatics.
Mind you, I think he did some nice artwork and has artistic talent enough to create interesting photographs or photo-collages but I don't understand Moz would appreciate this.
Sam being naughty? Or Moz doesn't care anymore? Or both? :confused:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom