TTY: SMITHS 45 - Morrissey involved in new Smiths 45 on Warner (Boy With The Thorn/Rubber Ring)

SMITHS 45 - true-to-you.net
29 November 2016

39450_screenshot_20161129_180942.jpg

Warner UK will release a previously unissued version of The Boy With The Thorn In His Side as a physical 45. The sleeve, above, is by Morrissey, with layout by Darren Evans at Warner UK. The B-side is a previously unissued version of Rubber Ring.
The sleeve image is Salford actor Albert Finney.
Details of availability of the record will follow shortly.

I hope that Warner will do the next Morrissey album then.

Related media:

Last edited by a moderator:
When I say "breaks new ground", obviously I don't mean that in a good way.

I was only trying to be polite by not assuming and interpreting you wrongly. Thank god you're not that obvious.
I agree completely! :thumb:

The previously unreleased version of Rubber Ring has been widely available for many years, though it will be nice to hear it without the sound of the tape getting chewed up towards the end.
The previously unreleased version of The Boy With The Thorn In His Side has also been available for a while, although not so widely.

I´m pretty sure it will not be the known demo version of Rubber Ring but the once for release considered monitor mix....

£5 (an old fashioned vegan one) says it gets cancelled before it ever comes out. This is Morrissey and the Smiths we are dealing with - somewhere, legal eagles will be circling.

I've been told it's scheduled for release in July 2017, to tie in with the European reunion tour dates.

I was thinking this might be released on Record Store Day April 22nd, so I called into my local record shop last night, and the owner confirmed it is indeed coming out, He knew all about it, and i assume he receives RSD updates. There is nothing official online that I am aware of, but good to see this coming out.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom