TTY statement: Hammersmith last ever UK gigs?!

Morrissey could never make another album and I would be good because his vast, unbelievable catalog stands the test of time . The best moments at the concert I attended were the classics. Ganglord is an obscure song but it was great to hear. The list could go on and on. Embracing The Smiths, the gift that keeps on giving , should be seriously thought about. His dismissal of such great music is hard to understand.

So, to think his last ever show will be in Peru? I surely hope not.

You forgot about the tour in the Middle East. What's wrong with Peru? Why do people always belittle such countries? I don't understand that.

I'm keeping everything crossed in the hope we get some tracks from Kerrygold as a thankyou for all our support over the years.

Pride of Hull

If it is the end, I'm grateful for all the shows and music Morrissey has filled my life with. I'll still follow his animal rights activism and his writing career. His gifts will always surface somewhere.

I can't say I didn't see this coming, you Brits complain about everything about him, song order, ticket price, etc. LA will take your shows gladly. Morrissey we adore you unconditionally. Come Home
Americans complain about the setlist aswell. Britain has just as loyal fans the us, solo is full of haters.

FFS Morrissey you big baby, swallow your damn pride and take Amanda Palmer's advice on doing things the DIY way.

It's really strange and f***ed up that Morrissey would punish the entire UK for the "lack of interest" from record labels. Why the hell is he so obessed with the record label business and chart positions and all that crap? What really matters and only matters now is his fanbase. It's really sad to see that he doesn't recognize that. I hope this isn't how the whole legacy comes to an end, slowly quite possibly we might me witnessing his demise

I think if he still wants to be charting and participating in the music business at his age then he should heed your words above, but he has made it clear with his WPINOYB top heavy set list and the MIM nightly show and energy stopper that he has no concern for the fans.

I have the money to buy tickets to his shows and he was in my town this year, but with a set list that has maybe four songs I really wanted to hear him sing I made the decision not to go. The first time ever I didn't buy tickets for a concert of his when he was playing where I was living at the time. I have to believe that I am not the only one who passed this go around for this reason.

His demise has been in the making ever since the triumphant return of Quarry faded into the distance. Also, he now seems more focused on writing fiction and voicing his political views rather than concentrating on surrounding himself with quality musicians and songwriters. Many names have been bandied about on these boards as to whom he should solicit for a musical rebirth. Most likely any of them would be better than what is in place now.

He is slow to make change, and time is running out. The only time he seems to make changes is through conflicts with others. There has been a lot of hiring based on need rather than talent. It is quite puzzling how someone so obsessed with chart positions and record labels refuses to make more popular (as in current) music, and to play the popular music he has made in the past to those just waiting to buy a record or concert ticket if he were only to do so. Never happen.

A limited number of Brandbenny T-shirts will be available at the end of the last three performances by Silly Steven in the UnitedKingdum outside the venues priced £9.99

New in !

WE'LL MEAT AGAIN !

CRY WOLF MORRISSEY 2015 (front) THE KINGDUM HAS SPOKEN (reverse)

THE GREAT CRANKFRAUD ROCK N ROLL SWINDLE

YOUR GONNA MISS ME WHEN IM GONE AGAIN AND AGAIN !

4CK BENNY THE BRITISH BUTCHER

DEBUNKING IS ME !

GIMMICK SONG IS MURDER !

THIS STORY IS KERRYGOLD BUT IT GOES ON

I AM HATED FOR LYING

4CK c***RYFILE ! (front) 4ck Steffan Barney ! (on reverse)

ALL YOU NEED IS CHEESE

LAWNMOWERS OF THE WORLD UNITE AND MOW OVER

DEVIOUS, TRUCULENT AND UNRELIABLE ! (front) 2015 DATES/VENUES (on reverse)

PRIDE OF MANCHESTER (front) ANTHONY H WILSON (on reverse)

Also limited number of graffiti stencils GIMMICK SONG IS MURDER in birch plywood.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

it all started to go south when the manc guy hollered at him in poland. he jinxed him.

Someone needs to sit this lad down and school him that record deals ,chart positions and physical product are meaningless remnants of an age that died long ago. Amazing someone so smart can be so ignorant of such realities .

It is quite puzzling how someone so obsessed with chart positions and record labels refuses to make more popular (as in current) music, and to play the popular music he has made in the past to those just waiting to buy a record or concert ticket if he were only to do so.

This is a good point. I'm not suggesting a Greatest Hits tour (and the one labeled as such in 2007 really wasn't one per say), but you do make a great point about him ignoring songs that did chart, and top-quality album cuts from LPs that sold really well in favor of obscurities and new songs that the public can't even buy.

Lots of twitter activity on this subject right now. Is this good publicity?

I kind of agree with this one:

Vote here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Many of you seem to be suggesting that these London gigs are dramatically undersold, they are not. My friend works for eventim and sure there are tickets left but not loads! He could have done one date and have it sell out (why is this so very important to some of you/ why do you care so much?) but he has treated us to two! It will be packed. It will also be fantastic and with any luck it won't be the last time.
We will always want him over here, Morrissey is an important part of our musical history and we are proud of him.

All suggesting Americans love him more than us British kindly f*** OFF. Thanks x

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom