TTY statement: Hammersmith last ever UK gigs?!

it all started to go south when the manc guy hollered at him in poland. he jinxed him.

No, I think it was the triple whammy of his comments on Utoya, Jacintha Saldanha and the Queen's visit to Eire. It killed his career stone dead. It was a disastrous eighteen months where he barely took his foot out of his mouth once. I used to think he was "just" a sociopath, but he's a full on Lecter style psycho. Mad, bad and tedious to know. Then along came the World Peace album to tramp down the dirt.

Claiming these are possibly his last UK appearances just illustrates his sheer desperation. He's an embarrassment.

This thread and all the chatter on social media are proof that he's still smarter than all of us. The buzz this has created, free publicity at its best. The man is a master and you've all been had.

When you have an amateurish/lightweight music composer in Jesse Tobias and a dried-up co-writer Boz Boorer, there's no way in hell you even deserve a record contract.

This is a good point. I'm not suggesting a Greatest Hits tour (and the one labeled as such in 2007 really wasn't one per say), but you do make a great point about him ignoring songs that did chart, and top-quality album cuts from LPs that sold really well in favor of obscurities and new songs that the public can't even buy.

Exactly, it's as if he is trying to say..."Wait, give these new songs a chance and you will love them as much as I do." Well...a large part of the audience doesn't and have/will stop buying concert tickets if nothing changes on the set list front. He is fighting a war that he can't win and doesn't need to wage in the first place. So many great underplayed or potentially never played songs that he could breathe new life into. We aren't talking about him having to navigate around a disco or electronica phase for god sake. If anything, his back catalog is filled with many rocking songs that could be used to dial up the energy at his concerts. He doesn't run around the stage so a set list more tilted to up tempo songs would do wonders in engaging the crowd, and keeping the energy up not to mention spur ticket sales. I agree completely that there is a difference between a Greatest Hits and a celebration of his Past and Present Greatness tour.

This thread and all the chatter on social media are proof that he's still smarter than all of us. The buzz this has created, free publicity at its best. The man is a master and you've all been had.

Well, that's really working out to his satisfaction, isn't it? I mean, it's not like he's complaining about the situation.

No, I think it was the triple whammy of his comments on Utoya, Jacintha Saldanha and the Queen's visit to Eire. It killed his career stone dead. It was a disastrous eighteen months where he barely took his foot out of his mouth once. I used to think he was "just" a sociopath, but he's a full on Lecter style psycho. Mad, bad and tedious to know. Then along came the World Peace album to tramp down the dirt.

Claiming these are possibly his last UK appearances just illustrates his sheer desperation. He's an embarrassment.

Cancer-gate was an all time low as well.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Wake up people.

1) last year, to boost the sales of tickets for his concerts in Europe, he stated he had cancer. He didn't have, he has obviousoy never done chemotheraphy. That was inappropriate.

2) This year, he asked £70 per ticket in a country in crisis whereas he once was a poor. Does he want to sing only for people who had the chance to go university ?
He is greedy and this is a low attempt to put pressure on shoulders of his poorest fans which I am a part of.

"without new releases,there is no point in touring" Wrong! Please Morrissey, don't hang it up. Your major songs have already been written and the audience just needs a new setlist full of the best songs not just lightly sprinkled with them.

I wonder if Morrissey ever regrets typing up these little whiny messages?

I'll say it again. His smartest move is Third Man Records. Mellow out and acquire JACK WHITE to produce, simultaneously, a new album of original music and a country covers album. Get that sterling Third Man art direction, from the sleeve to the videos. Get that band on a diet. Ritualistically burn the pants from the Krays movie premiere. Show some respect to the quiff. Go raw vegan for a few months.
Let the book do the talking.

Appear in Nashville for recording and let some traditional production with quirky effects speak for itself. Reboot, retool. A Morrissey/Jack White pairing would be alternative gold and really get people talking. THEN retire. All you have to be is humble...

I've been saying the same thing for a few years now and still agree 100%... only stumbling block might be their personalities. They'd either become best buds or hate each others guts as they both seem somewhat twat-ish (this is coming from someone who's a fan of both!) But Jack White produced great one-off comebacks for Wanda Jackson and Loretta Lynn. If he has ever heard anything he ever thought of as special in Morrissey's music he'd be able to bring it back to life for at least one more album. AND I think he'd be able to work really well with Boz still in the fold. I think Jack White would find a kindred spirit in Boorer.

I don't see how anyone has been "had", but it's certainly created a buzz. Morrissey excels at playing the press but are you saying he's insincere in regard to never playing the UK again?

I've been saying the same thing for a few years now and still agree 100%... only stumbling block might be their personalities. They'd either become best buds or hate each others guts as they both seem somewhat twat-ish (this is coming from someone who's a fan of both!) But Jack White produced great one-off comebacks for Wanda Jackson and Loretta Lynn. If he has ever heard anything he ever thought of as special in Morrissey's music he'd be able to bring it back to life for at least one more album. AND I think he'd be able to work really well with Boz still in the fold. I think Jack White would find a kindred spirit in Boorer.

Fantastic scenario. Jack White could do something extraordinary with Moz and the gang, particularly on a country-twanging deal. T Bone Burnett could also work wonders.

When you have an amateurish/lightweight music composer in Jesse Tobias and a dried-up co-writer Boz Boorer, there's no way in hell you even deserve a record contract.

the only problem with this theory is that moz himself couldnt write himself out of a paper bag. he has no musical talent.
he is just a professional crank. his songs are cranks, good cranks before but bad cranks at the present time. world peace
was truly a low in his crankdom.

adios moz dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Judging by the reception he's receiving in Hull right now, the self-publicity campaign is working to plan....

Literally the moment he posted it my three-yr-old neighbor Nachito had an epic meltdown everyone could hear. :straightface: He recovered quick, so will Moz.

You did your "being insane is bad" post and you're done. I turned some letters upside down and did an anagram and it says you should stfu.

He must of been sitting at his laptop looking at ticket sales thinking, well I could do with a new PA...

If what he's alluding to is true--which I don't believe him, I will be happy to say I got to see him at least once. I just had the unfortunate luck of taking an ungrateful date with me. I can understand why he feels this way, and even though he boasts about sold-out shows and the like on this tour there has to be SOME interest. It must be hard for someone so negative to get any interaction from a label, and his track record won't help that. The music model he fetishes over doesn't exist, but he doesn't want to adapt. It would help him in the long run. However, I support whatever he does.

Judging by the reception he's receiving in Hull right now, the self-publicity campaign is working to plan....

What ! He's signed a deal with shithole records ? That means Kerrygold could see the light of day after all.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom