TTY: Supreme, yet not; Morrissey's second statement on Supreme

Link from an anonymous person:

Supreme, yet not - true-to-you.net
15 February 2016

As a matter of fact, I do not have, do not want, nor do I need, any money from the company called Supreme.

If Supreme have sent money in my name then they could track it down and reclaim it - if they had NOT printed that photograph of me for their 2016 campaign.

By running prints of the photograph they have derailed their own negotiations. This is why they are angry.

The photograph is dreadful and will help neither myself nor Supreme. Who needs it? Nobody.

Supreme were warned by my lawyer and accountant that the photograph should NOT be used. Supreme ignored this advice. Hence this mess.

I write these statements because there is no one else to write them. The joy I receive from such statements is non-existent.

thank you,
Morrissey
15 February 2016.

Related items:

I miss the 80's and 90's Morrissey who was less cantankerous and more charming and witty...

sam is holding the money, so technically moz does not have it in his possession. moz is the ted cruz of britpop

I miss the 80's and 90's Morrissey who was less cantankerous and more charming and witty...

i think people were just more forgiving of his always cantankerous behavior when he was younger and so were they

i think people were just more forgiving of his always cantankerous behavior when he was younger and so were they

People never really knew about it until years later, because he didn't used to draw attention to it with delusional press releases.

Dear Morrissey:

Head out to a local community college and hire a kid to manage your online presence and do your internet forensic work. Explain that you would like him/her to research any company or venue that you are considering having business dealings with. It is amazing what you can dig up on the internet if you know where to look. It is not a long, difficult process. It takes minutes. Have your lawyer draw up a simple ND agreement. There are literally thousands of young people out there whom are more than capable and would love to have an opportunity like this to get some real experience. Needs some research done? Shoot off an email and await your answer. Set up a paypal account and send them $20 every time they look into something for you. A small price to pay to avoid future headaches.

Have him/her also design you a proper website where you can make official announcements and also sell proper merchandise. To design a website with this functionality would literally take a few hours and cost less than a hundred dollars. Have Sam take all the pictures he needs for T-Shirts, mugs, etc. Use a company like Cafepress to do all the printing for you on-the-fly. At least this way you would be in control of your own brand. You would lose out on all the money you would receive by licensing your image but at least you would have complete control over the entire process, from start to finish.

All this could be done by someone in your entourage; Sam would be ideal, but it is pretty clear he lacks the technical knowledge to handle this for you - at present. So send someone down to the local college or put an ad in the newspaper. Must be able to use newsgroups, search forums, snapchat, facebook, instagram, linkedin, old archives, craigslist, and off-the-beaten-path websites. Must have adequate deductive reasoning abilities. Must be mature and take the job seriously. Must be tech-savvy. If there is a picture out there of a future business partner torturing a cat on the internet, this kid will find it. Hire an Asian kid. Problem solved.

I could weep. Unless this is written with tongue firmly in cheek.

People never really knew about it until years later, because he didn't used to draw attention to it with delusional press releases.

hes been saying crazy stuff or at least extreme hyperboly against thatcher for years and has made many many cantankerous statements to the press even in the smiths. remember the reagge or black music comment just for one example

hes been saying crazy stuff or at least extreme hyperboly against thatcher for years and has made many many cantankerous statements to the press even in the smiths. remember the reagge or black music comment just for one example

Apparently "reggae is vile" was a joke, but misinterpreted by a journalist.

"Reggae is vile" was his answer to "favourite reggae song" in a questionnaire. Don't know if he meant it as a joke, but there doesn't seem to have been much room for journalistic interpretation.

- - - Updated - - -

There's nothing wrong with thinking reggae is vile. Not liking a genre of music doesn't make you racist. Hell, I think Country & Western music is a steaming bag o' shite, but that doesn't mean I hate all white Americans.

Hey haters, why don't you try stripping off your shirt and throwing it and see how many risk their life to get a piece of YOUR shirt. The only fans who hate him are the 10 or few on here, the rest love his music and him so much so they want a piece of his shirt. What about the Asia/Carribean tour, any news?

"Reggae is vile" was his answer to "favourite reggae song" in a questionnaire. Don't know if he meant it as a joke, but there doesn't seem to have been much room for journalistic interpretation.

- - - Updated - - -

There's nothing wrong with thinking reggae is vile. Not liking a genre of music doesn't make you racist. Hell, I think Country & Western music is a steaming bag o' shite, but that doesn't mean I hate all white Americans.

the reggae is vile comment became a joke after the fact when there was a big controversy and moz had to do some spin just like hes doing here. spin spin spin like a top just dont return the money.

eh, not really. Then why in the same interview he later say that there was a black music conspiracy and you had to be white to get to the top 40? is that a joke too? plz, stop making excuses for him and just accept that morrissey has several issues, one of them is being a racist and/or ignorant. Love the smiths and some of his solo music, but i won't make excuses for him like some of his fans. I don't care for the dumb replies defending his racism bye ;)

eh, not really. Then why in the same interview he later say that there was a black music conspiracy and you had to be white to get to the top 40? is that a joke too? plz, stop making excuses for him and just accept that morrissey has several issues, one of them is being a racist and/or ignorant. Love the smiths and some of his solo music, but i won't make excuses for him like some of his fans. I don't care for the dumb replies defending his racism bye ;)

i dont think him a racist even then but i do think his knowledge and experience was very small and short outside of his obsessions and that over time he became more reasonable with more experience. misrepresentaion or not which i made no claim to either way its still a history of saying extreme things which didnt care about as much as they do today. he didnyt just start saying odd things no matter what the motivation and people made less of it

Morrissey: "Reggae, for example, is to me the most racist music in the entire world. It's an absolute total glorification of black supremacy. There is a line when defense of one's race becomes an attack on another race and, because of black history and oppression, we realise quite clearly that there has to be a very strong defence. But I think it becomes very extreme sometimes. But ultimately, I don't have very cast iron opinions on black music other than black modern music which I detest. I detest Stevie Wonder. I think Diana Ross is awful. I hate all those records in the Top 40; Janet Jackson, Whitney Houston. I think they're vile in the extreme. In essence this music doesn't say anything whatsoever."

Interviewer: But it does, it does. What it says can't necessarily be verbalised easily. It doesn't seek to change the world like rock music by speaking grand truths about politics, sex and the human condition. It works at a much more subtle level, at the level of the body and the shared abandon of the dancefloor. It won't change the world, but it's been said it may well change the way you walk through the world."

Morrissey: "I don't think there's any time anymore to be subtle about anything, you have to get straight to the point. Obviously to get on Top Of The Pops these days one has to be, by law, black. I think something political has occurred among Michael Hurl and his friends and there has been a hefty pushing of all these black artists and all this discofied nonsense into the Top 40. I think, as a result, that very aware younger groups that speak for now are being gagged."

Interviewer: You seem to be saying that you believe that there is some sort of black pop conspiracy being organised to keep white indie groups down.

Morrissey: "Yes, I really do."

I'm not sure I've ever seen such an artistic train wreck as Morrissey's career has turned out to be. I can't help thinking what a tawdry, ignominious, sad, floundering end this is to what for a while looked like one of the few careers that make pop music worthwhile.

Now, when I think of Morrissey, all I can think is:

"You lied about the lies that you told,
Which is the full extent of what being you is all about."

Sad. Sad. Sad.

"...who said I lied, because I never, I never, who said I lied......"

I'm not sure I've ever seen such an artistic train wreck as Morrissey's career has turned out to be. I can't help thinking what a tawdry, ignominious, sad, floundering end this is to what for a while looked like one of the few careers that make pop music worthwhile.

Now, when I think of Morrissey, all I can think is:

"You lied about the lies that you told,
Which is the full extent of what being you is all about."

Sad. Sad. Sad.

he never said all those rumors were completely unfounded did he. you might consider him a trainwreck but to me hes becoming what ive always saw him as and always admired. i have more in common with moz today than i have ever in my life (yes its a public image but lets not get pedantic with the disclaimers). might be age as im not an old fan or a young one

This is going to sound quite bizarre but hear me out good people of morrissey-solo website.

I am not a Morrissey fan, but my co-worker who is quite dedicated has spent the last week and a half introducing me to the smiths and morrissey solo music as well as filling me in on all of Morrisseys controversies over the span of his whole career and holy shit I must say it is crazy to me that there was ever doubt in fans mind that he wasn't a homosexual man. (though I suppose not everyone knows what the obvious signs are and thats understandable too.

From zero knowledge to sitting near a human encyclopedia and getting the low down from a source that i find quite credible.. it is very strange to me to be exposed to this whole community where the artist absolutely detests the people who in return keep his legacy alive on the internet. I cant find another example of a popular modern artist (or even one from the past) who hates his fan base and the people who pay money out of their own pocket to fund a fan site. Did you ever think about how strange this whole situation is?!?!

Alllllll of the controversy surrounding this man no matter what he does from a career to personal decision is so incredibly Queeny.

It is pure free entertainment from an outsiders perspective. You dont even have to attend his public performances, you just need to check this website on a weekly basis and something will pop up.

This man gets away with so much. Get stoned some night and think of everything you know about Morrissey from a music/business/career point of view and it will blow your mind. He is a trip to say the least, there is something so incredibly wrong with that mans wiring.

Morrissey: "Reggae, for example, is to me the most racist music in the entire world. It's an absolute total glorification of black supremacy. There is a line when defense of one's race becomes an attack on another race and, because of black history and oppression, we realise quite clearly that there has to be a very strong defence. But I think it becomes very extreme sometimes. But ultimately, I don't have very cast iron opinions on black music other than black modern music which I detest. I detest Stevie Wonder. I think Diana Ross is awful. I hate all those records in the Top 40; Janet Jackson, Whitney Houston. I think they're vile in the extreme. In essence this music doesn't say anything whatsoever."

Interviewer: But it does, it does. What it says can't necessarily be verbalised easily. It doesn't seek to change the world like rock music by speaking grand truths about politics, sex and the human condition. It works at a much more subtle level, at the level of the body and the shared abandon of the dancefloor. It won't change the world, but it's been said it may well change the way you walk through the world."

Morrissey: "I don't think there's any time anymore to be subtle about anything, you have to get straight to the point. Obviously to get on Top Of The Pops these days one has to be, by law, black. I think something political has occurred among Michael Hurl and his friends and there has been a hefty pushing of all these black artists and all this discofied nonsense into the Top 40. I think, as a result, that very aware younger groups that speak for now are being gagged."

Interviewer: You seem to be saying that you believe that there is some sort of black pop conspiracy being organised to keep white indie groups down.

Morrissey: "Yes, I really do."
as usual morrissey is 100% spot on, it's great when you love someone's music and agree with their politics

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom