TTY: THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NOW GOES OUT - final six rescheduled US dates cancelled

THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NOW GOES OUT - true-to-you.net
3 December 2016

The band, the crew and I are heartbroken to hear that the final six shows of our triumphant tour will be 'pulled down'.
The shock and sadness that we all feel - for ourselves, and for our devoted friends in Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, Houston, Dallas and San Antonio, has left us in unrecoverable despair.

The 28 shows played on this tour have been outstanding triumphs as yet another year strengthens and solidifies our positions around the world.

Since our Bergen date at the start of August, the finances for this tour have exclusively been controlled by 360 Management of Willoughby Avenue in West Hollywood. Each date booked would make enough money to pay its way.
When Gustavo collapsed at the Boulder show, 360 Management responded with the announcement that all funds had suddenly evaporated. There was apparently not even enough money to transport the touring party to the next scheduled city, and 360 Management faded out as quickly as they had faded in.

Incontestably, the Morrissey Band is the best in the world. We have been repeatedly done over in recent years by slippery industry incompetents, yet we have always recovered our stride and bounced back like the sea - saving ourselves from those who wish us off the map. We are a disciplined ship and we succeed without any help from the music industry. We continue to live with the optical device of an industry where only scale and enormity of cash is seen as evidence of talent; where the public is thought ready to swallow anything as long as it is done with the punch of five million dollars. The results appear to be continually elaborate comic-strip dumbshows that do not even matter to those directly involved. The true artists must look after themselves whilst the artificially aroused are aided and assisted to the highest ranks without a shred of effort, and the result is ... a nest of horrors. And on it goes.

This year, the mobilized strength of our ragingly loyal audiences were most appreciated, by me, at:

1. Philadelphia, USA.
2. Brooklyn, USA.
3. Hong Kong, CHINA.
4. Adelaide, AUSTRALIA.
5. Melbourne, AUSTRALIA.
6. Santa Barbara, USA.
7. Helsinki, FINLAND.
8. Manchester, ENGLAND.
9. Goteborg, SWEDEN.
10. Chicago, USA.
11. Newcastle, AUSTRALIA.
12. Berlin, GERMANY.
13. Salt Lake City, USA.
14. Tokyo, JAPAN (first night).
15. Tel-Aviv, ISRAEL.

... for which no words could ever express the volcanic love and joy found and shared.
We felt much sadness for our audiences at both Jakarta and Singapore City who struggled with appalling venues - venues which, in fact, were not really venues at all ... just roped-off bits of waterlogged fields. In dismal circumstances our friends in both cities gave us their best, and we shall never forget them. We expect no further chances in Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, Houston, Dallas or San Antonio ... nights destroyed by the ephemeral damagers ... who do their worst ... and slip away.

I can only stress my sincere thanks once again to YOU for giving the band, the crew and I a phenomenal year - scarred at the end, but drenched in beauty until then.

I will see you in extremely far-off places.

MORRISSEY
3 December 2016.

39462_20161203_131415.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Now now Pikey, I understand you're upset about this but we all know full well that Diesel takes care of Steven's back ally needs and requests.
So no I will not be dusting off my knee pads, come to think about it I've never possessed such items.
Time to get your dingo dollars out and go hit the turps with marred arse I reckon ! Strewth is that the time ! No worries mate, bonzer. :highfive:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Who the f*** even is Diesel?
Yourself and the anti-moz brigrade have a super unhealthy and creepy obsession with this stuff. And you resort to petty ethnic based slurs. Nice one. If you're trying to make some kind of "point" against him you totally undermine yourself by coming across constantly like the world's largest c***. And the funny part is you STILL try to emulate the way in which he speaks. Pikey, hilarious, almost as much as Thump.

What completely undermines your points and many others is that you deliver the same vitriol towards Moz in every situation. Doesn't matter whether he's contradicting something he said in 1985 or he is just existing in a photo in 2016. It's hate hate hate. It doesn't give the real points you try to make any context or gravitas when it's all the same. Further to that, you call people "Moz-bots" when they, including me, can say far more negative things about him than you can say positive. In the end you're a sad, pathetic little man trying to play smart and clever on the Internet (guessing because you're incapable of doing so in person, nice compensation).

A bit like his 'please don't forget me' before he left the stage at end of Dublin Point Theatre December Quarry tour. We were wondering if he was going to end his career on a high. He also played There Is A Light twice at that concert which was unexpected. Basically I think his 'extremely far off places' is Moz just being a dramatic sweet and tender hooligan. And he'll never never never never never do it again, not until the next time.

Yeah, he's also said he'll never do any shows in England again...then he did. He's ended gigs with "there are goodbyes and there are farewells, this is farewell". Which had people debating the meaning of both words for weeks here. He just likes saying dramatic "this is the end....or is it?" Things. Maybe in case he is hit by a bus tomorrow and wants to vainly be remembered with some last poetic line. Or more likely just to tease and make people talk exactly like this.

Basically I think his 'extremely far off places' is Moz just being a dramatic sweet and tender hooligan. And he'll never never never never never do it again, not until the next time.

Well let's hope.

I don't think the management cancelled. I could imagine M being sick to the heart in having to deal with management and just throwing his hands up to the heavens and say.. 'that's it!, it's finished'. Regardless of letting fans down, he's a human being (and we don't know what's really going on in his life or mind) and sometimes one can only take so much.

I'm from Florida and purchased airline tickets/hotel for the show in Chicago. This would have been my first time seeing Moz. I am completely devastated and am not sure what to think. I have been to hundreds of shows and this is the first time an artist has cancelled on me. Very disappointed, especially considering that I will not be able to cancel my flight/hotel. I just hope I have other chances to see him in the future.

do you remember 2009 tour?
first 4 shows were FL. All cancelled. did a bad show at Myrtle beach.
and cancelled GA on day of show. i had for all 4 FL shows(2 in front row). so pissed, i took a gamble and bought GA, (my wifes Bday; she was SOOO thrilled) found out was cancelled as i neared FL/GA line;turned around and drove back another 6 hrs back to miami.
or Nov 2007?
played a great show in Melborne, FL. next day. i pull up to filmore miami beach...place was deserted; paper on door proclaimed show cancelled.
cancellations with some type of notice is bad enough...on day of show is inexcusable unless he gets hit by a car on same day.
my stats are 8 for 15; 7 f***ing cancelations
PS...never risk a flight to a morrissey gig unless u or family work for an airline.

Yeah, he's also said he'll never do any shows in England again...then he did.

No he didn't. The final UK show was publicised on True To You and I believe it. Everything since then has just been a hologram.

By the way, do you appreciate his paintings? I mean Corneille.
Or is that another one?
I went to the Cobra museum in Amstelveen, close to Amsterdam, a couple of years ago and they had quite a collection of his paintings.
And of all the other members of the Cobra group too of course.

In my days of a young artstudent I was influenced by them a lot.
My teacher at the academy knew them and invited Karel Appel once to give a lecture. That was f***ing great!

I like all art from Cobra but was most impressed by Karel Appel.
Later I found out about many other painters from different directions and appreciating them as well, but there still is a soft spot for Cobra and the intentions and what they did.
Kind of punkrock in art history!
Cheers Rifke
it's a different corneille! lol
i looked up the cobra group and this other corneille and im not so sure what i think. i am a moody girl, you see, i dont like all those bright gharish colours and unruly shapes. it makes me start thinking of summer and heat and immediately i seek relief from those ideas but find that the paintings have none to offer.

but how ideal to be able to study art in holland! jealous!! by the way, im now reading lust for life--the novel about vincent van gogh, recommended by a poster here. oh it breaks my heart! poor vincent! <3

Moz's statement doesn't make sense. In the concert industry bands are paid a guaranteed artist fee by contract, per appearance, and then sometimes a bonus percentage based on sales. The guaranteed fee at his level is always substantial and the majority of risk is with the promoters. Tours don't get undertaken at all without guaranteed contracts to cover and exceed expenses. Unless all six of the remaining dates were so undersold that the promoters begged to be released from their contracts then there would be no reason to cancel. It doesn't add up.

I just saw Morrissey with Loudon Wainwright at The Pikey on Sunset Blvd.

Does this sound like a man who is: heartbroken; shocked; saddened; and in unrecoverable despair?

Loudon Wainwright III is playing Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts, tonight.
MORRISSEY is here!!
Does this sound like a man who is in unrecoverable despair?

Which is it, anon? Pics (or Instagram/FB/Twitter links) or it definitely didn't happen.

Now poor Sammy and Diesel are going to have to look for real jobs.

6 venues in 12 days, max est 16K audience, traveling thousands of miles in winter conditions and everyone is already comfy at home. The issue I have is why bother rescheduling? Also, the cancellations made a lot of people upset and he ends his posting with "see you extremely far off place"? I cancelled the shows you were excited to see but now I want to get the hell away from you. I still think he is the bee's knees but he needs a bit of corrrecting. The people around him don't do it, he probably gives you the cold shoulder if you tried.

Well they could just purchase tickets in a city they would like to visit and if something happens and he cancels, don't spend time crying over it, go and enjoy a mini holiday. That's what I'd do. It's risky to follow Morrissey around and by now most fans should know that. I always feel bad for those who are supposed to attend a show that gets cancelled. I've had tickets for 4 Morrissey shows that never happened. But life goes on...
Life goes on when you have a show cancelled because of poisoned penne, Morrissey getting sick , or losing a band member due to an alleged fist fight. But rescheduling dates when you know financing is sketchy at best takes it to a whole different level. In my estimation.

Moz's statement doesn't make sense. In the concert industry bands are paid a guaranteed artist fee by contract, per appearance, and then sometimes a bonus percentage based on sales. The guaranteed fee at his level is always substantial and the majority of risk is with the promoters. Tours don't get undertaken at all without guaranteed contracts to cover and exceed expenses. Unless all six of the remaining dates were so undersold that the promoters begged to be released from their contracts then there would be no reason to cancel. It doesn't add up.

Well, with a handle like "Industry Guy," surely you must know what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

tumblr_n2g59thilk1stb479o1_400.gif

It is a real pity that this once excellent site has become the playground of the deranged, moronic and witless. It seems that no one can make a comment, justified, rational or otherwise, without being insulted or attacked in the feral language of the idiotic.

Time to move one. I'm too old.

Thanks to David for creating the site, but you are clearly bored with it now, hence the lack of decent moderation/moderators. Perhaps it is time to call it a day?

One final question, how often does the unfortunate BTBB have to post something borderline homophobic before he is blocked?

I reckon why are people surprised about this? I reckon didn't you people see this coming? Does this mean there isn't enough money to bus up to Oakland for NYE? I reckon another LA NYE show? Good for me, I will just have a 20 minute drive.

I reckon all you lots below Chicago must feel like shiteeee. The "riot fest" was almost as worse as "firefly" last year in some shitee place wherever it was when people started chanting "KFC". Tel Aviv last when he was given the key to the city. lol Steve will be back in 2017 (at least in the USA) He obviously needs the money, if he skipped the insurance. Maybe he is just over his head in Malibu and should buy a place in John's neighborhood up in Portland.

I presume Trump got wind of Morrissey's comments and sent the boys round to said management company. Welcome to the new America folks!!

I haven't read all the thread but do you think Morrissey shot himself in the foot by not replacing Gustavo for the remainder of the dates?
He would have have got paid for the cancelled dates yes? So the management company were extremely pissed off at him not finding a replacement and nixed the rescheduled dates. Poor Morrissey would have thought all his chickens had come home to roost.
I do love the old sod.

Funny how Sol could be replaced in autumn 2014 but to do the same for Gustavo in winter 2016 would simply be heresy!

it's a different corneille! lol
i looked up the cobra group and this other corneille and im not so sure what i think. i am a moody girl, you see, i dont like all those bright gharish colours and unruly shapes. it makes me start thinking of summer and heat and immediately i seek relief from those ideas but find that the paintings have none to offer.

but how ideal to be able to study art in holland! jealous!! by the way, im now reading lust for life--the novel about vincent van gogh, recommended by a poster here. oh it breaks my heart! poor vincent! <3

Many people don't know but his letters to his brother Theo are great and have an absolute literary value.
People tend to believe that if you have one talent you can't have another one or that it is of a lesser value.
And I really like you can read about him from his own viewpoint as he is the authority and first and most important source.
Especially with Van Gogh there are so many stories.
I think you would like his letters, and there are good translations.

I know you are a moody girl with humor. :p
Good combination. :thumb:
And I already guessed this Corneille was another than the painter and I didn't expect you to appreciate his paintings.

I think you would like much more the magic realistic painters from Holland, like Charley Tooroop, Carel Willink and my favorite Pyke Koch.
Dark, brooding, mysterious and dangerous.
Evil and sometimes horrifying.
Willink, technically the best painter but Pyke Koch with so much more dark fantasy and imagination.
I'll stop now with being very much off-topic, but I could tell you so much more.
Cheers Rifke!

I presume Trump got wind of Morrissey's comments and sent the boys round to said management company. Welcome to the new America folks!!

How unlikely though as it would seem, I wouldn't be surprised at all. We will never know for sure as everybody will be denying it and keep their mouth shut. For fear or because they were bought.
If it is the case and Moz knows about it I would make a hasty exit from the new America, if I was him. I would make a hasty exit anyway now.
There are other countries, America is not the world.

It is a real pity that this once excellent site has become the playground of the deranged, moronic and witless. It seems that no one can make a comment, justified, rational or otherwise, without being insulted or attacked in the feral language of the idiotic.

Time to move one. I'm too old.

Thanks to David for creating the site, but you are clearly bored with it now, hence the lack of decent moderation/moderators. Perhaps it is time to call it a day?

One final question, how often does the unfortunate BTBB have to post something borderline homophobic before he is blocked?

" you are clearly bored with it now, hence the lack of decent moderation/moderators "

I really don't think you can state that as a fact.
Have you ever checked Media on this site and the wiki-link?
You can count the numerous items and the work involved to get it done. Very precise and of much interest to any Moz-fans.

You seem to think that moderation has to be done in a way you want it to be. I can understand that but in a way moderation is done by you and me and everybody on this site. Meaning if there are vicious, mean and trolling posts you should confront them in the first place by calling out on them. And report it.

This site is for you and me and all of us Moz-fans and Moz-interested people and you do have influence on it.

I know for sure, as it happened not long ago, that those, members and anonymouses are being moderated and blocked and banned, if necessary.

Something borderline homophonic doesn't exists.
Just as something borderline heterophobic doesn't exist either.
Or anything else borderline.

DavidT, nor the moderators here are to be expected to be psychiatrists who have to analyze their patients and making judgements about medical treatment for them.
Mind you, I wouldn't be surprised if they have, by now, more general insight in human behavior.

Unless Morrissey frequents the set of SNL I doubt Trump would be interested in Morrissey or his management company.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom