TTY: Universal Music, London - refuses to re-issue "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris"

Universal Music, London - true-to-you.net
19 November 2015

David Joseph at Universal Music in London has refused the request made by Morrissey and the band to re-issue 'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris' as a loving tribute to the lives lost in the Paris atrocities. David Joseph is instead arranging his own tribute to Paris utilizing his current crop of Universal artists.
The photograph below is Morrissey singing 'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris' to an audience of 12,000 in Chile last week.

morrissey_singing_i_m_throwing_my_arms_around_paris_.jpg

photograph taken by Trinity.

Last edited:
The penny has just dropped !
It's a loving tribute to Diesel the police dog who was sadly killed when they raided the killers bolt hole.
Got there in the end !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

It is a tragedy that peace advocate Morrissey is unable to spread his message of sympathy for victims of violence. Universal Music should be bombed back to the Stone Age and David Joseph should be attacked by axe-wielding seals! Raaaaarrrh!

The same pattern.. The same joke... Million times... BORED BORED BORED

i dont think universal wants to issue dedicated to paris by an anti semitic artist.
moz is done. finito. the end. no mas.

Until recently The Bataclan music venue was owned by a Jewish businessman. Some suspect that one of the reasons the Daesh terrorists targetted it was because it was part of the 'Zionist conspiracy' against Muslims. This is not the same bat-shit crazy conspiracy that Morrissey's PR front TTY felt the need to advertise/validate but another equally bizarro Islamic version of The Illooooominati mind-warp. No doubt folk at Universal are aware of Moz's strange comments about Jews in the Hollywood music business in his Autobiography and perhaps about the 'skullcap' adverts. In which case, they would do well to completely ignore the consipracy loon known as Morrissey as he attempts to leverage this tragedy to claim relevance to current events.

The song isn't deleted. If there was any popular feeling to use it to ventilate grief then it would happen by Social Media. Indeed, as soon as the tragedy began being reported some idiots began trying to trend the song, but experienced an epicFAIL! As Morrissey will now experience another epicFAIL! LOL along at the absurd attempt to claim that the audience at a festival are potential consumers of new product. 12,000 Chileans wandering from one stage to another to check out 'ye olde punke rock legende Morrissey' is hardly an endorsement. Presumably this was just as the show began, a shot 10 minutes later no doubt shows vast gaps in the audience as sensible/sensitive types fled the caterwaul and guitar horror exhibits.

And yes, 'throwing my arms around Paris' exactly describes how the assassins distributed their Kalashnikovs, treating people as nothing more relevant than stone and steel.

The penny has just dropped !
It's a loving tribute to Diesel the police dog who was sadly killed when they raided the killers bolt hole.
Got there in the end !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Thanks for all your efforts in my absence, Benny. For once, PETA refrained from gratuitous offence and thus reigned Morrissey in. Given that the hard-line Vegan creed they claim states 'animals are not to be used for any human purposes', one might have expeted them to give the nod to Moz to protest Diesel's use as a bomb detector, rather than mourn Diesel as a victim, but mindful of their sponsor/donor base in Consensual Reality, they did the Realpolitik thing of avoiding the Utoya car-crash that turned Morrissey into an eternal freak-show/laughing stock. How anyone imagines the public will accept that a sociopath who describes the entire Chinese nation as a sub-species is capable of a 'loving tribute' to anyone other than himself is hard to understand. Morrissey is finished, but let's enjoy the final skid towards and over the cliff edge. It's only a matter of time.

"the request made by Morrissey and the band to re-issue 'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris' as a loving tribute to the lives lost in the Paris atrocities."

"We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 [sic] dead. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried shit every day." Morrissey

best
The Ghost of BrummieBoy

Last edited:
"We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 [sic] dead. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried shit every day." Morrissey

f*** you Morrissey.

One can only hope that the media pick up on this whinge by Morrissey and link it to his previous comments about the terrorist victims in Norway. The shallow depth of Morrissey's supposed concern and interest in these events is revealed by the fact that he doesn't even realise that several Universal Music staff died in the attack on the Bataclan and that it was a Universal act, 'Eagles of Death Metal' and their fans who were the targets. He also seems to not have been told that there is already an entirely appropriate tribute song in the form of their version of the Duran Duran song 'Save A Prayer'. Quite why Universal would want to direct a single eyeball to Morrissey's irrelevant and frankly offensive gesture is not apparent.

"
Paris Attacks: Universal Music Group Executive & Eagles Of Death Metal Merchandise Manager Among Those Killed At Le Bataclan Concert Hall

http://perezhilton.com/2015-11-16-p...ise-manager-nick-alexander-killed-le-bataclan

As soon as I saw the tricolour as a stage backdrop for the insipid anthem to solipsism ITMYAP I smelt epicFAIL! And thus it comes to pass that the shamelessly opportunistic Morrissey thinks he can leverage/monetize the Paris Attacks even as he links to a video by a mental case who claims they were staged, even as he ignores his failure to apologise to the victims of a similar atrocity in Norway. He has become a case study in delusional thinking. It's fascinating to watch this C list celeb trying to ignore the fact that the only way he will gain the public's attention is by topping himself or joining Tony Hadley in the jungle to wrap his gums around some gonad plums. I will allow myself the satisfaction of re-posting my comments in earlier threads this week which foresaw this lamentable descent into hucksterism on the back of tragedy.

f*** you Morrissey

best
The Ghost of BrummieBoy

Victims of terrorism in Paris=deserving of respectful empathy [you never know,ITMAAP might 'trend' and become a hit)
Victims of terrorism in Oslo=deserving of their deaths being used to attack KFC

It's Morrissey who is stupid alongside his Cult devotees. Imagine if terrorists slaughtered the List, the front rows of devotees at his shows? Morrissey would presumably just shrug his shoulders and note that many of them probably ate meat anyway...

best
The Ghost Of BrummieBoy

The hypocrisy of Morrissey 'dedicating' anything to the grieving people of Paris or France is grotesque. Kindly recall how he dismissed the suffering of the people of Oslo and Norway (live onstage in Warsaw, Poland) by opportunistically using the death of 77 young Norwegians to air his absurdly simplistic views on Speciesism. Why are the deaths in Paris of significance to him when those in Oslo weren't? Could it be that the idea of having machine gun fire directed towards a stage of a rock concert somehow pierces his solipsism? Somehow actually forces him into a warped empathy as it could have been him and/or his beloved cult attendees blasted to bits? Vapid ramblings about the 'religion of hate' are entirely specious given that Brievik was the exact opposite side of the coin to the ISIS psychotics who blasted the Bataclan and other venues. Brievik wanted to ignite a war against 'cultural marxism' and 'multiculuralism', so that 'real Norwegians' would rise up against Muslim immigration. ISIS have exactly the same aim to destroy the pluralistic diversity of cities like Paris by igniting a racial/cultural/religious conflict between traditional French society and the post-war arrivals from the Mahgreb and the Middle East, most of whom are fleeing exactly the fanaticism that ISIS and Brievik wish to use to divide and rule.

Of course, Morrissey also feels it is appropriate to wish that his political enemies working in circuses are 'bombed back to the Stone Age'. Is there any real difference between his expressed sentiments and those of Brievik and ISIS? Claiming irony on his behalf is absurd, as are the convoluted Cult claims that his nonsensical 'update' on The Horrors of The Circus are anything other than delusional ravings.

It's been fun watching him ignite what was left of his reputation the the bonfire of the vanities that was 'List Of The LOLs!' but the idea that he should be allowed to do a volte-face on mass slaughter of humans without accounting for his egregious offences over Utoya is risible. 'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris' is a singularly inept choice of song to attempt this clownish 'empathy'. It is a paen to personal vanity and expressing absolutely nothing about the wonder and joy of The City of Light, it is merely a bitter snipe that Morrissey has never found love there or anywhere. Who could possibly care anymore?

For Morrissey, the horror of Friday is just beginning as there is now a campaign to ensure that the Eagles Of Death Metal version of the Duran Duran classic 'Save A Prayer' is made into a number 1 hit as a memorial to those slain. Somehow I can't see the world uniting in grief by singing along to Morrissey's song of multi-millionaire angst about fame and romantic failure. Perhaps he thought he might finally get a number 1 by hitching a ride on this train of grief. Nothing would surprise me now.

"Eagles of Death Metal fans launch campaign to get band to number one following Paris attacks
They hope to get the band's cover of Duran Duran's 'Save A Prayer' to the top of the charts"

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...ber-one-following-paris-attacks-a6735056.html

TL/DR: Morrissey is thick and doesn't understand politics or culture. Who knew?

best
The Ghost of BrummieBoy

Last edited by a moderator:
You wonder where he goes from here. Increasingly desperate/cynical attempts to get attention, no label resulting in fewer countries to tour.

New Years Eve in Los Angeles could be a significant date.

I hope he doesn't do a "Hitler in the bunker" stunt onstage, putting a gun to his temple halfway through Asleep. If you plan to be in the front row, you would be advised to bring a plastic mac or umbrella with you. If you have a ticket for the Las Vegas gig, please check refund T & Cs.

Relax Mozbots, just gallows humour.

Please do not respond making some reference to the terrible slaughter in the Bataclan.

If there are some atrocities in Dagenham Morrissey might be able to re-issue Dagenham Dave.
If there are some atrocities in Dagenham Morrissey might be able to re-issue Dagenham Dave.
If there are some atrocities in Battersea Morrissey might be able to re-issue You're The One For Me Fatty.
If there are some atrocities in Sloane Square Morrissey might be able to re-issue Hairdresser on Fire.
If there are some atrocities in Piccadilly Morrissey might be able to re-issue Piccadilly Palare.

Not to mention "Panic" by his former band, with it travelogue of British Isles locales. Title would fit really well, too. Or "Is It Really So Strange?", in case Newport Pagnell should ever be targeted.

another or possibly the same Anonymous said:
My bet is on Bono, Adele and so on doing Hallelujah, if that hasn't already been done for some other tragedy.

I should hope not! The music may be hymnal, but the text is mainly about sex and music. Not particularly bad topics to sing about, but hardly Candle-in-the-Wind style tragedy material.

Maybe he should re-release 'At Amber' as a tribute to those killed in the Mali hotel attack?

If there are some atrocities in Battersea Morrissey might be able to re-issue You're The One For Me Fatty.

If there are some atrocities in Sloane Square Morrissey might be able to re-issue Hairdresser on Fire.

If there are some atrocities in Piccadilly Morrissey might be able to re-issue Piccadilly Palare.

Now it all makes sense...so many songs with locations in the lyrics...covering all the bases for just such events I suppose ;)

Opportunity missed: Draize Train re-released after the Madrid train bombing with lyrics specially crafted to fit the occasion.

Come to think of it Huey Lewis and the News was on to something with the song Heart of Rock and Roll:

DC, San Antone and the Liberty Town, Boston and Baton Rouge
Tulsa, Austin, Oklahoma City, Seattle, San Francisco, too

Through a bunch of cities into one song. Brilliant! This would have made an excellent tribute song after the bombing in 1995 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Now it all makes sense...so many songs with locations in the lyrics...covering all the bases for just such events I suppose ;)

Opportunity missed: Draize Train re-released after the Madrid train bombing with lyrics specially crafted to fit the occasion.

Crazy crazy fools you all are ...

Seems like a no-brainer to me. Amazing song, even more amazing reason to re-issue. I remember Moz opening with it at L'Olympia about about 6 years ago, very inspiring.

Yah it's a great song but the lyrics are hardly uplifting or relevant to the victims of terrorism. As usual it depicts Morrissey feeling sorry for himself and claiming nobody loves him, while thousands of fans throw themselves at his feet.

Not to mention a bucked tooth girl in Luxembourg getting run over by a car......

Probably because it sounds like it's being sung from the point of view of the terrorists who made themselves very plain then anhiliated the stoned fans at the steel METAL concert. :straightface: You're better than tragedy bandwagon attention, Morrissey.

Explain to me which part of I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris, with the context of recent events, could sound like Morrissey is singing from a terrorists point of view.
Honestly try to explain.

I think it would be a great idea if Morrissey donates all the proceeds to the families affected by this tragedy. LOVE MOZZZZ!!!!!

Nice try Brennan and Dale at the The Morrissey Marketing Group Worldwide LTD, Sherman Oaks-Malibu. Don't go with the obvious next time. I think a better idea would be to change "if the U... S... A.... doesn't bomb you" in Far off Places to "if Syria doesn't bomb you" I think that will sell more tickets now to the anti-American audience for the Transylvania Serb Hotel Lobby Tour 2016. Anonymous-

If you're not sure why assume it's a cash in? What kind of appreciation can you have the music of Morrissey and the Smiths if this is how your mind works?

Cease your insincere attempt at hope. You are wrong.

Do be quiet. Thank you.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom