TTY: Van Williams (1934-2016)

Link from an anonymous person:

Van Williams (1934-2016) - true-to-you.net
6 December 2016

39467_shirtlesshardbackless.jpg

art: Sam Esty Rayner.

These ones were first.

If that's true, then looks like there's a dimwitted petty thief gene in the Morrissey family :rolleyes:

Maybe they're distantly related to the Beagle boys. Would explain a lot...

Well, wald is forest.
Traut, I don't know.
Sounds like some kind of she-devil from the forest. :p
Hillegonda I reckon is a very old name.
From 15th or 16th century.
Gerrit is not uncommon here.
But a bit old-fashioned too.
I wasn't allways comfortable with it.
I was named after my father as his first born son.
I know it's not your real name but I quite like Rifke.
Names are important in human psychology.
There is a certain emotional value to words and surely to names.
It's many times unconscious and hard to explain why we like names or dislike them.
yes, i know wald is forest, but i dont know what traut is either. maybe lanterns knows! (oh dear, i do hope her name isnt waldtraut!:oops:)
gerrit sounds like a modern name to me, i've known people my age named gerrit, but i think they may have spelled it differently--garret, or something like that.
how do you pronounce rifke? im not quite sure myself to be honest. i say riff-keh, or reev-keh. my real name is robyn (not quite as exotic), which i quite like, but i know it's not a common name in europe (although i did know one german boy named robin). i really dislike how germans pronounce my name though, with the r sounding like a w. my mom was torn between naming me robyn and tiffany, and i thank the lord she went with the former. i would've been so resentful if i were stuck with a cheap whores name like tiffany.
are there many anoucks in the netherlands? i love that name!

Well, I have to say, they are quite good! :thumb:
Was he inspired by Sam or Sam by him?
Who was first?
Like the Pasolini photo.
Can't I make it as my avatar or do I have to create an account on Instagram? In that case no. :o
i just watched a documentary on pasolini, and discovered that he was possibly the coolest guy in the world. have you seen teorema? i love that movie so much <3
to make it as your avatar i think you would just have to save it to your computer and then upload it to your avatar, no?

yes, i know wald is forest, but i dont know what traut is either. maybe lanterns knows! (oh dear, i do hope her name isnt waldtraut!:oops:)
gerrit sounds like a modern name to me, i've known people my age named gerrit, but i think they may have spelled it differently--garret, or something like that.
how do you pronounce rifke? im not quite sure myself to be honest. i say riff-keh, or reev-keh. my real name is robyn (not quite as exotic), which i quite like, but i know it's not a common name in europe (although i did know one german boy named robin). i really dislike how germans pronounce my name though, with the r sounding like a w. my mom was torn between naming me robyn and tiffany, and i thank the lord she went with the former. i would've been so resentful if i were stuck with a cheap whores name like tiffany.
are there many anoucks in the netherlands? i love that name!

I would pronounce it as Rif-keh.
I do like Robyn too!
They both have an unusual but very characteristic and strong feeling! God you must be really happy not being a Tiffany!

Yes, there are quite a few girls named Anouk.
It's a French name (Anouk Aimé was wellknow here) which became very popular especially with many girls and women when our rockbitch Anouk became famous here and very popular.

She's originally from my town.
She's a great singer with an exceptional voice but I don't think you would appreciate her much.
Too blunt and direct, no refinement, and sometimes a bit tacky.
Cheers Rifke!

i just watched a documentary on pasolini, and discovered that he was possibly the coolest guy in the world. have you seen teorema? i love that movie so much <3
to make it as your avatar i think you would just have to save it to your computer and then upload it to your avatar, no?

If you ever have a chance of obtaining the biography on Pasolini titled Requiem do so. Or get it from the library.
I have now given it to read to a friend of mine but will have it back.
It is the best book I have ever read.

It is so close on the artist as well as the person and it is mesmerizing.
And from the first page it reads like a thriller as well.

It is unbelievable and almost completely surreal what happened.
Despite his very controversial status as a filmmaker, a poet, a writer, many, many people were shocked and hundreds of thousands of people payed their tribute to him on his funeral.
Yes, I have seen Teorama and most of his movies. Also Decamerone and the gruesome Saló.

I read a lot of his poems and his scandal novel Petrolio.
Try seeing Medea as well, with Maria Callas in the leading role.
I think he is the most important artist from the twentieth century.
And still very relevant in our society today or he should be.
Cheers Rifke!

If you ever have a chance of obtaining the biography on Pasolini titled Requiem do so. Or get it from the library.
I have now given it to read to a friend of mine but will have it back.
It is the best book I have ever read.

It is so close on the artist as well as the person and it is mesmerizing.
And from the first page it reads like a thriller as well.

It is unbelievable and almost completely surreal what happened.
Despite his very controversial status as a filmmaker, a poet, a writer, many, many people were shocked and hundreds of thousands of people payed their tribute to him on his funeral.
Yes, I have seen Teorama and most of his movies. Also Decamerone and the gruesome Saló.

I read a lot of his poems and his scandal novel Petrolio.
Try seeing Medea as well, with Maria Callas in the leading role.
I think he is the most important artist from the twentieth century.
And still very relevant in our society today or he should be.
Cheers Rifke!
oh! i was wondering if there was a biography of pasolini i should read! unfortunately my library doesnt have it, because it's stupid. the library, not the book. so probably ill have to order it. thanks for the recommendation.
is salo really that gruesome? i dont think i can rent it, i'd be too embarrassed, because what if the video store guy thinks im some kind of deviant? :o medea looked to me like it might be kind of boring, but maybe ill give it a try. i really liked mamma roma too!
also, on a completely superficial note, i really liked his style, the way he dressed!

oh! i was wondering if there was a biography of pasolini i should read! unfortunately my library doesnt have it, because it's stupid. the library, not the book. so probably ill have to order it. thanks for the recommendation.
is salo really that gruesome? i dont think i can rent it, i'd be too embarrassed, because what if the video store guy thinks im some kind of deviant? :o medea looked to me like it might be kind of boring, but maybe ill give it a try. i really liked mamma roma too!
also, on a completely superficial note, i really liked his style, the way he dressed!

His dress-sence was as good as all his stylingsences.
I liked his car.
His Alfa Romeo 2600 GTV sports car!
I had an Alfa Romeo myself, not that one unfortunately!

The greatest find for me were his poems, especially those about the region he grew up in as as a child in Friuli, that displayed the mind of a very gentle and humble person and that are completely in contradiction to the way he is perceived by many.
How he described his love for his mother and nature and how important that was for him.

Yes, Saló is that gruesome.
Not for the sensitive souls, at least when it comes to movies.

His dress-sence was as good as all his stylingsences.
I liked his car.
His Alfa Romeo 2600 GTV sports car!
I had an Alfa Romeo myself, not that one unfortunately!

The greatest find for me were his poems, especially those about the region he grew up in as as a child in Friuli, that displayed the mind of a very gentle and humble person and that are completely in contradiction to the way he is perceived by many.
How he described his love for his mother and nature and how important that was for him.

Yes, Saló is that gruesome.
Not for the sensitive souls, at least when it comes to movies.
i dont think ill watch it then! ill have to get my hands on a book of his poems, hopefully there are english translations! i like what he said about the family, that it is an "archaic remnant". agreed, pier paolo!
i dont know much about alfa romeos. they look like nice cars. expensive yes? and yet you cant even support a poor little bunny as an illegal immigrant.... :(

i dont think ill watch it then! ill have to get my hands on a book of his poems, hopefully there are english translations! i like what he said about the family, that it is an "archaic remnant". agreed, pier paolo!
i dont know much about alfa romeos. they look like nice cars. expensive yes? and yet you cant even support a poor little bunny as an illegal immigrant.... :(

I had one once, but not anymore.
I am a poor and lonesome cowboy far away from where I would like to be.
You can't imagine how much joy I would have to being able to support a poor little bunny and cuddle her.
All my hope is now invested in the lottery or I will have to create some music, a song that becomes a commercial success.
I guess the first is even a better bet.
In both cases I will let you know of course! :p

I had one once, but not anymore.
I am a poor and lonesome cowboy far away from where I would like to be.
You can't imagine how much joy I would have to being able to support a poor little bunny and cuddle her.
All my hope is now invested in the lottery or I will have to create some music, a song that becomes a commercial success.
I guess the first is even a better bet.
In both cases I will let you know of course! :p
you'll have spent all your money in the first week on fancy cars, fancy wines and fancy women. hmph i know your type.

you'll have spent all your money in the first week on fancy cars, fancy wines and fancy women. hmph i know your type.

No, not anymore.
I have done all that and I enjoyed it a lot but enough is too much.
But I do think you would want to feel bored again sometimes cause chances are these will be the only moments to relax and be a sleepy, dreamy bunny.
I'm only joking.
I just would appreciate the company of a very cute, funny but eccentric bunny and would totally let her be.
Can I just once in a while buy a nice bottle of wine?
No need to have really expensive ones anymore.
I know I can find good, delicious wine without paying that much.
The rest will be to support the bunny! :p

No, not anymore.
I have done all that and I enjoyed it a lot but enough is too much.
But I do think you would want to feel bored again sometimes cause chances are these will be the only moments to relax and be a sleepy, dreamy bunny.
I'm only joking.
I just would appreciate the company of a very cute, funny but eccentric bunny and would totally let her be.
Can I just once in a while buy a nice bottle of wine?
No need to have really expensive ones anymore.
I know I can find good, delicious wine without paying that much.
The rest will be to support the bunny! :p
i like the sound of that! :p yes, i suppose once in a while you can have a 'nice bottle of wine'!

Sam Esty Rayner should be banned as a crime against humanity and art. Little man. Just ask his ex-wife.

Little man he is not - I assure you!
Be keen to know what interesting lives you all lead as you seem to find so much time to sit on here and berate that of others?!? Jealousy is a disease....get well soon!!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom