Unreleased "Best Of Morrissey" Bonus CD for auction

Tom

I recently sold off a large portion of my collection and when I initially posted a link to the my eBay seller list I mentioned that I had listed a copy of the Best of Morrissey promo CD with the unreleased bonus disc. The bonus disc was a CD-R copy of the original acetate and since eBay doesn't like CD-Rs, they removed the auction. I relisted the promo CD without the bonus disc and opted to do a private auction for the bonus disc here. I received a few offers at the time (all still valid of course), but since I was in California all last week and had to ship off hundreds of items, I opted to put it off. So now that I'm caught up, I'm going to accept offers through Monday and whoever has the best offer gets the disc.

For those who didn't see my initial post, here's a bit of info on the bonus disc: This was the fabled “Limited Edition Bonus CD” which was announced in 1997, but never released. I got it in 1998 from a friend of mine who worked at EMI at the time (it wasn't a gift, I paid a hefty sum for it). It was a copy from their in-house CD-R acetate. The disc has a plain white matte on the face with no typeface or artwork. While this disc is not as earth shattering today as it would have been in 1998 (considering that all of the tracks have been released via bootlegs or official releases), the one special thing about this disc is that it’s the only way to hear “Striptease With A Difference” in perfect, studio quality. Unlike the poor quality Legge-leaked bootleg, this is a fully mastered studio version with no tape hiss or distortions… it’s absolutely perfect. This is probably the best of Morrissey’s early unreleased songs. I highly doubt it will ever see an official release since it was left off of both the Bona Drag and Viva Hate re-issues (and respected singles)… which would have been the perfect opportunities to release it. It's a really nice rarity and I doubt another one will ever be offered.

So if interested, PM me with an offer and I'll award it to whoever has the highest offer by Monday. Pretty simple.

The tracklisting of the Bonus CD is: Striptease With A Difference/Will Never Marry (extended)/Oh Phoney/November The Second

Also, just to clarify (since people are asking), I'm not offering any other unreleased material and I'm not looking for trades.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Re: Unreleased "Best Of Morrissey" Bonus CD for auction...

I tried to post a picture, but it was too large. If you PM me your email address, I'll send you the picture. It's just a plain white matte finish on the disc, nothing fancy.

The version on the 'Revelations' bootleg was the best quality version I've ever heard, and I seem to recall it had far more piano-Madness going on than the Legge leakage. They sounded like two different mixes. The quality of that 'Revelations' gem was good enough for me. It's a belting little pop song.

If you're able to Tom, could you indicate which version is on your disc? And good luck with the auction :thumb:

I believe the version on the disc is slightly different as it was considered the finished version and the other two were not. It definitely has more piano than the bootleg, but perhaps the same vocal track. Also, I think Will Never Marry sounds better on this disc than on the original single, but that's more to do with a better transferring process... it's the same mix.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom