"USA Chart Position" (#7 Billboard Albums, #3 Vinyl Albums) - Morrissey Central; #95 Billboard 200

UPDATE June 4:

Actual charts are out now:
https://www.billboard.com/charts

Posted by BookishBoy:

Billboard 200 albums: number 95
Billboard album sales: number 7
Billboard vinyl albums: number 3
Billboard independent albums: number 4
Billboard tastemaker albums: number 3
Billboard digital albums: number 9
Billboard artist 100: number 58

The comparison quoted on Morrissey Central does not appear completely accurate. Link posted by Thewlis:
https://www.billboard.com/music/morrissey/chart-history/billboard-200

Data seems to be shared between the two charts in history, up to Dec. 13, 2014 - Wikipedia):
https://www.billboard.com/music/morrissey/chart-history/top-album-sales

Also, link posted by Morrissey_Sucks:

BUILDING ALBUM SALES CHART - Hits Daily Double
UPDATED DAILY TUESDAY-FRIDAY
Chart Date: 05/31/2019 (WEEK ENDING: 05/30/2019)

#14 MORRISSEY - CALIFORNIA SON - BMG 5,172

USA Chart Position. - Morrissey Central
June 3, 2019

"Morrissey's California Son album has charted at number 7 in the USA Official Billboard Chart.
The vinyl version of the album is number 3 on the LP chart.

This is Morrissey's most successful U.S. chart position to date, following :

Low In High School (10)
Years of Refusal (11)
You Are The Quarry (11)
World Peace Is None of Your Business (14)
Vauxhall and I (18)
Your Arsenal (21)
and so on."

full

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually think he could repair his relationship with fans in the UK, with a statement around now I better understand xyz etc

Well, he’s stubborn and ‘bears more grudges’ etc. Though it’s interesting,
when with the help of promotion of CS
in Britain by BMG, and the ‘bad’ publicity generated by his views, that
he’s received a better chart position in Britain when compared to no publicity generated by his views on American politics and BMG not promoting CS in America.

Well, he’s stubborn and ‘bears more grudges’ etc. Though it’s interesting,
when with the help of promotion of CS
in Britain by BMG, and the ‘bad’ publicity generated by his views, that
he’s received a better chart position in Britain when compared to no publicity generated by his views on American politics and BMG not promoting CS in America.
It did well in the UK comparatively when you look at chart placings in the UK but didn't do well when you look at how many physical copies it sold especially in contrast with his other releases. LIHS sold about 30,000 copies first week in the UK and charted at #5 whereas CS sold only 8,340 but charted at #4. CS sold less than a third of the number of copies of the LIHS number but got a slightly higher chart entry. The chart placement depends on what else is released/selling well the same week. There has even been a number one UK album with less sales than CS if you can believe it. Blossoms' self-titled album holds the record for having the lowest one-week sales while at the top of the chart in the modern era, when it was number one the week of 19 August 2016 with sales of only 7,948 copies (Wikipedia).

one week earlier he wouldnt be top 5. both The National and Rammstein sold better then him

Well, I'm glad things have been (somewhat) cleared up. Selective use of one chart instead of the main chart placement of #95 makes a lot more sense. I like the album, but it just didn't make sense that CS would be Morrissey's top US charting album.

Johnny Marr was a full-fledged member of Modest Mouse and a co-songwriter.

:rolleyes:

LOLLLLLL:lbf:

A FULL FLEDGED MEMBER WHO GOT KICKED ONTO THE CURB FIVE MINUTES
AFTER 'JOINING':lbf:

CRIBS FIRED HIM FOR SUCKING TOO:lbf:

EVEN HOOKY GAVE HIM THE HEAVE HO!!!
HEAVE HO MR COMETRY AWAY YOU GO!!!:):)

NEVER MADE IT THE POOR CUCK

Number 95! What a joke. His lowest charting album. That’s what you get for being a racist!

Show me proof Moz is a racist douchetroll.

Had this album been released five years ago it would have been Top 10 before Billboard succumbed to streaming. Sales mean much more $$$$. Streaming per stream is fractions of fractions of a penny.

Show me proof Moz is a racist douchetroll.

Had this album been released five years ago it would have been Top 10 before Billboard succumbed to streaming. Sales mean much more $$$$. Streaming per stream is fractions of fractions of a penny.

But it is 2019 and not 2014. So your point about five years ago is what exactly?? Oh and “douchetroll”? Are you 14 years old?

The people who believe “California Son” is a US chart success are the same sort of people who believe Trump had a bigger crowd on Inauguration Day than Obama did.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom