Vegas Shows in jeopardy (actually not)

Perhaps Morrissey has a contract with the venue stating that no masks will be required. In that case if most other shows are requiring them, I see every tourist in Vegas going to a Moz show just so they can breathe during a show. 😁 And a $20 price tag too! 😄 It would be hard to turn down after a few drinks and a little honesty.

I wont be wearing a mask, wtf did i get a vaccine for?

F all this nonsense mask bullshit..

F Biden and all of you that voted for him. I will be bringing my Trump flag to the event. Uncle Fester you can kick me out.

F Biden and all of you that voted for him. I will be bringing my Trump flag to the event. Uncle Fester you can kick me out.
Well, it's the law, it's not the choice of the venue, you can be a "rebel" but you could end up getting thrown out. No venue is gonna risk getting fined and closed 'cause a Morrissey fan doesn't want to wear a mask
On hearing the news, I sold my ticket .
If M says, not to worry we don't have to get a mask I'll re buy a ticket

I hear you though, it's pathic, if people want to take the risk, it should be up to them like you say you got the vaccination

Some venues are saying they will not even let people in if they are not vaccinated. I don't understand this. If you have a vaccination or don't have one. you still can carry and pass on the Kung/Vinda Flu...
So , why ban people who are not vaccinated?
The only risk they carry that the vaccinated people don't is the fact its more of a risk for them if they catch the Billy Ray.
If the venues were serious, they would not let as many people in or would pay for tests and tell the fans to come 3 hrs early to get tested - then if you have it , you cant come in .
Unless the masks are a certain type, which most arent, they will not provide that much protection, especially in a concert hall .
This whole, thing is a joke.. People go to a M concert for a sense of release, it will be nasty trying to sing along for 1hr and 20 mins with a mask on.

In short , f*** it. Im not going . I hope everyone enjoys the gigs though.

By the way, Johnny Marr is playing in Seattle with The KIllers in a huge huge venue, with no masks. Please remember that when people go to accuse M of being unethical for playing a gig. like they did with the London one. He isn't putting at any more risk as any other artist , including the Sainted Johnny Marr

The Ins and outs of the policy state it'll be reviewed weekly & that rates must be low enough for two weeks in a row.

Will masks be enforced? I live in a different state, but no one in my area was fined for not wearing one in the past year even though it was part of many local policies. Many people who were fined were reimbursed in some states.

There are so many lawsuits going on and affidavits being served to businesses on this very issue and related ones as we speak. Constitutional law is very different from other parts of the world. There are many ways that this could turn out in Vegas and this week will reveal how it will work. I definitely wouldn't get rid of a ticket yet if I had one based on what info we have and without Morrissey correcting his previous statement.

Who is going to bother to turn on the lights in the venue and go through the crowd in a city that relies on tourists for its economy? Has there been a precedent set in Vegas for a venue being shut down or tourists being kicked out? From what I've read, people in the business community don't want this policy at all. It really depends on the individual venue and whether they'll enforce it. At any rate if this policy isn't enforced, everyone will be scrambling for tickets. Better to have one than not.

The Ins and outs of the policy state it'll be reviewed weekly & that rates must be low enough for two weeks in a row.

Will masks be enforced? I live in a different state, but no one in my area was fined for not wearing one in the past year even though it was part of many local policies. Many people who were fined were reimbursed in some states.

There are so many lawsuits going on and affidavits being served to businesses on this very issue and related ones as we speak. Constitutional law is very different from other parts of the world. There are many ways that this could turn out in Vegas and this week will reveal how it will work. I definitely wouldn't get rid of a ticket yet if I had one based on what info we have and without Morrissey correcting his previous statement.

Who is going to bother to turn on the lights in the venue and go through the crowd in a city that relies on tourists for its economy? Has there been a precedent set in Vegas for a venue being shut down or tourists being kicked out? From what I've read, people in the business community don't want this policy at all. It really depends on the individual venue and whether they'll enforce it. At any rate if this policy isn't enforced, everyone will be scrambling for tickets. Better to have one than not.
If you go in a building where there is no smoking, in Vegas, you can get fined or kicked out. I gather this is similar.
Im simply saying, I wouldn't go . Its restrictive. I'm not saying everyone else shouldn't go.
I doubt if anyone will get finned, in terms of fans, Its the venue that gets fined if they don't follow guidelines, implemented by the state
I am saying IF you are seen, you could get kicked out, just like if you lit up and got caught, or had a fight and got caught.
People often get kicked out of events, so its hardly out of the realms of possibility.
imagine doing it and getting kicked out, after spending $200 or for a ticket and travelling from god knows where. .

For me it would dampen the show. Now, If you go and take your mask off good for you.I hope you do get away with it. I myself can't be arsed with the hassle. That's all.

Hopefully, M will plan a mini tour, I would its getting near Autumn and who knows if venues will be kept open now, the fact states are implementing masks, is slightly worrying. So, if I were him, Id try and get some more shows in, for money and because he likes performing .

Well, it's the law, it's not the choice of the venue, you can be a "rebel" but you could end up getting thrown out. No venue is gonna risk getting fined and closed 'cause a Morrissey fan doesn't want to wear a mask

I hear you though, it's pathic, if people want to take the risk, it should be up to them like you say you got the vaccination

Some venues are saying they will not even let people in if they are not vaccinated. I don't understand this. If you have a vaccination or don't have one. you still can carry and pass on the Kung/Vinda Flu...
The only risk they carry that the vaccinated people don't is the fact its more of a risk for them if they catch the Billy Ray.
If the venues were serious, they would not let as many people in or would pay for tests and tell the fans to come 3 hrs early to get tested - then if you have it , you cant come in .
Unless the masks are a certain type, which most arent, they will not provide that much protection, especially in a concert hall .
This whole, thing is a joke.. People go to a M concert for a sense of release, it will be nasty trying to sing along for 1hr and 20 mins with a mask on.

By the way, Johnny Marr is playing in Seattle with The KIllers in a huge huge venue, with no masks. Please remember that when people go to accuse M of being unethical for playing a gig. like they did with the London one. He isn't putting at any more risk as any other artist , including the Sainted Johnny Marr

Whine, whine, whine. Grow up and take some responsibility for yourself and your fellow man.

Also the Killers tour is not until summer/fall 2022, hopefully things will look different then.

Whine, whine, whine. Grow up and take some responsibility for yourself and your fellow man.

Also the Killers tour is not until summer/fall 2022, hopefully things will look different then

Oh its next year, I was told this year, thats good to know. Thank you

How am I whinning and not taking responbilty , I am saying "I" am not going , due to the masks. That is me being responbile . I also , said its a risk not to wear a mask if you are meant to, that was the whole point of the post, I was trying to lookout for my fellow person , i dont know if it was a man or woman I was speaking to .

You are just a prick looking for an argument, which your ilk, always do . Now f*** off you daft wankstain

Isn't it the individual states that decide if masks etc should be worn? Nothing to do with Biden.
Wave your Trump flag all you like and I, like many others, will laugh at such a loser.

So on hearing this news you sold your ticket?

Yet a few weeks ago you wrote this ;)

Dirk Blaggard
Dirk Blaggard
Jun 26, 2021
Add bookmark
Not for me, I can't travel over land for this one . Which is a damn shame, I'd love to go .

So on hearing this news you sold your ticket?

Yet a few weeks ago you wrote this ;)

Dirk Blaggard
Dirk Blaggard
Jun 26, 2021
Add bookmark
Not for me, I can't travel over land for this one . Which is a damn shame, I'd love to go .
Oh, no bang to rights, guv, crying, little snide bruv
Toe my car away and pound, throw me in a prison cell. Tell momma I won't be back for cake and tea. Someones got it out for me.

So, you have never changed your mind? Thought, "I'm not going to that gig" and then changed your mind, due to a change of circumstance?
In my case someone got me a ticket , I made some money on ebay and Alain is back in the band.

I haven't actually sold it, I have put it on StubHub, in the process. I do want to go, I just hate wearing masks, they make me feel like fainting. I will find it hellish in a hot concert hall with one on. So, no Im not flying from Florida to Vegas, just to wear a mask and feel unwell.

If the ticket doesn't sell and the mask rule gets taken away, I will go again .

Thank you for caring about me.

Oh, no bang to rights, guv, crying, little snide bruv
Toe my car away and pound, throw me in a prison cell. Tell momma I won't be back for cake and tea. Someones got it out for me.

So, you have never changed your mind? Thought, "I'm not going to that gig" and then changed your mind, due to a change of circumstance?
In my case someone got me a ticket , I made some money on ebay and Alain is back in the band.

I haven't actually sold it, I have put it on StubHub, in the process. I do want to go, I just hate wearing masks, they make me feel like fainting. I will find it hellish in a hot concert hall with one on. So, no Im not flying from Florida to Vegas, just to wear a mask and feel unwell.

If the ticket doesn't sell and the mask rule gets taken away, I will go again .

Thank you for caring about me.
You would have to wear a mask on the plane!

If you go in a building where there is no smoking, in Vegas, you can get fined or kicked out. I gather this is similar.
Im simply saying, I wouldn't go . Its restrictive. I'm not saying everyone else shouldn't go.
I doubt if anyone will get finned, in terms of fans, Its the venue that gets fined if they don't follow guidelines, implemented by the state
I am saying IF you are seen, you could get kicked out, just like if you lit up and got caught, or had a fight and got caught.
People often get kicked out of events, so its hardly out of the realms of possibility.
imagine doing it and getting kicked out, after spending $200 or for a ticket and travelling from god knows where. .

For me it would dampen the show. Now, If you go and take your mask off good for you.I hope you do get away with it. I myself can't be arsed with the hassle. That's all.

Hopefully, M will plan a mini tour, I would its getting near Autumn and who knows if venues will be kept open now, the fact states are implementing masks, is slightly worrying. So, if I were him, Id try and get some more shows in, for money and because he likes performing .
I was hoping for a few tour dates as well. Plenty of other musicians are taking advantage of these past few months and coming down South especially where I live. It's far too uncomfortable and precarious for me to go to Vegas besides the fact that I don't like Vegas. 😄 He likely will have a tourist pleasing set list as well. I'm happy to wait til we're out of this mess for a Morrissey tour.

I was hoping for a few tour dates as well. Plenty of other musicians are taking advantage of these past few months and coming down South especially where I live. It's far too uncomfortable and precarious for me to go to Vegas besides the fact that I don't like Vegas. 😄 He likely will have a tourist pleasing set list as well. I'm happy to wait til we're out of this mess for a Morrissey tour.
Yes,
but I really wanted to be there to give him and witness the love being thrown at him, as this is his first outing since Kung/ Vinda Flu season.
and more than that, since his first public outing since his mother passed away. Also, Alain is there. so it should be quite the event.

If i hear, there are no masks . then I may well risk it. I am not trying to be a Qanon,no mask-wearing idiot. I jjust hate wearing them for more than 20 minutes. Especially in a hot environment like a gig. It will make me feel sick and faint.

Jen, it usually goes like this- no gigs will be announced until Vegas is more sold out or within the actual week of the Vegas gigs but due to the fact its being mooted we are tittering on the brink of an Autumn lockdown, due to the Vinda Flu strain. It may force his hand to try and get some gigs in before November (this is all a huge guess on my part, I have no inside knowledge . I cut those kind of folk out years ago )

Be safe and well .

You might need to wear one to enter the venue, but I think it will be pretty unlikely that they will police it heavy handedly during the gig. Especially if most people take them off. What are they going to do - wade into the crowd and start removing people? Pretty sure Moz himself will stop the gig and walk if he sees that happening.

I'm seeing Sleeper at Manchester Ritz at week tonight and have had the following e mail. Times are certainly changing!

Hi there,

COVID-19 Update: Here's what you need to know...

We can’t tell you how good it is to be back. But we do have to tell you that ‘back’ is going to be a bit different right now.

COVID-19 – ENTRY

For entry, you will need to demonstrate your COVID-19 status by providing either:

• Proof of a negative NHS Rapid Lateral Flow Test (such test to be taken within 24 hours prior to attending the event at the venue); or

• Proof of full vaccination - both doses received (with the second at least 14 days prior to the arrival at the venue); or

• Proof of natural immunity based upon a positive PCR test within 180 days of arrival at the venue (and after the 10-day self-isolation period following the result).

Please be ready to show this when you arrive.

I'm seeing Sleeper at Manchester Ritz at week tonight and have had the following e mail. Times are certainly changing!

Hi there,

We can’t tell you how good it is to be back. But we do have to tell you that ‘back’ is going to be a bit different right now.

COVID-19 – ENTRY

For entry, you will need to demonstrate your COVID-19 status by providing either:

• Proof of a negative NHS Rapid Lateral Flow Test (such test to be taken within 24 hours prior to attending the event at the venue); or

• Proof of full vaccination - both doses received (with the second at least 14 days prior to the arrival at the venue); or

• Proof of natural immunity based upon a positive PCR test within 180 days of arrival at the venue (and after the 10-day self-isolation period following the result).

WTF does a gig by some foreign band in a foreign country have to do with a Morrissey gig half a world away in his home country? You always write things about other bands on a forum dedicated to California's Son.

Hi there,

COVID-19 – ENTRY

Restaurants and venues in various parts of the US are also starting to require proof of vaccination for entry. Fine with me, let the unvaccinated stay home, safest place for them.

Isn't it the individual states that decide if masks etc should be worn? Nothing to do with Biden.
Wave your Trump flag all you like and I, like many others, will laugh at such a loser.
Losers are sheep like yourself. I wont where a mask and then can kick me out. No big deal.

Back
Top Bottom