Viva Hate reaction

The first time I heard Suedehead I thought it was brilliant, a lot of Smiths fans don't seem to have much interest in solo Morrissey stuff though so I'm not surprised by the meh reaction. Thanks for the link anyway it was something to watch :tiphat:

The first time I heard Suedehead I thought it was brilliant, a lot of Smiths fans don't seem to have much interest in solo Morrissey stuff though so I'm not surprised by the meh reaction. Thanks for the link anyway it was something to watch :tiphat:
You're well wide of the mark with the assumption that a lot of Smiths fans don't have much interest in Moz solo work. Where do you think he generated his massive fanbase from?
I agree that Suedehead was a fantastic first solo single, it remains one of his best ever. Everyday Is Like Sunday for me IS his best ever single. Both these singles give Viva Hate a certain something that will always make it special.

I agree with the first response to this, I think most Smiths fans love Morrissey stuff too. I also think Viva Hate is a masterpiece but never really loved Suedehead, the guitars are bit too twee for me!

hard to judge anything on a first listen,for me it takes half a dozen listens just to take it in.

Yeah I watched him rate the first Pavement record and panning it also

the world needs more hot take vloggers who film their first millennial-splain reactions to music in real time

and to echo gordyboy9, i had to listen to Viva Hate probably over a dozen times before it fully kicked in

i had to dig a youtuber the other day,he was doing a reaction to how soon is now,said it was on a par with a tears for fears song,f*** me now iv heard it all.another reaction was from a person who couldnt actually read this charming man,every two minutes the charmng man,the charming man,left a comment,least he replied to say sorry.

I don't hold stock in peoples first take reactions but it's cool seeing someone hear something for the first time. But first takes are a terrible way to judge music. To be fair to this guy , Viva Hate isn't even top 5 Moz for me

Whenever I hear 'Viva Hate' I think of Viva the person, not the album. The person being a far superior creation than the album ;)

Back
Top Bottom