Warsaw - Stodola (Nov. 19, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / Suedehead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University

set list provided by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey storms off stage in Poland after just 25 minutes when fan hurls 'extremely offensive and chauvinistic' abuse at him - Daily Mail. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Excerpt:

According to event organiser Live Nation, the incident happened because one member of the audience hurled ‘extremely offensive and chauvinistic’ abuse at the artist.

Although it has not been confirmed, it has been claimed the remarks stem from Morrissey’s recent cancer diagnosis.

Live Nation Polska Facebook post, excerpt translated:

PRESS RELEASE (19.11.2014)

During today’s Morrissey concert at Stodola Club in Warsaw one of the members of the audience standing close to the stage directed extremely offensive and chauvinistic words to the Artiste. This forced the Artiste to leave the stage.

We welcome anyone present at tonight’s Warsaw show, the offer of free admission to the concert in Cracow, that will take place at Laznia Nowa on November 21, 2014.
  • MORRISSEY - Stodoła, Warszawa, 19/11/14 (foto: P. Tarasewicz) (59 total) - cgp.pl. Link posted by docinwestchester.

warsaw.jpg
  • Five pound voucher offered by Live Nation for six song Warsaw concert; Facebook group created for full refund - Dec. 10, 2014

Last edited:
Because she's not a lunatic.

You've taken it down a notch from Johnny Barleycorn's sermon about Stalin, at least.

I wrote a sermon about Stalin? Fantastic! Where? It sounds terrific. Link please.

Hope he doesn't pull this shit in London. I bet there are loads of cheap tickets flying around at 9.15... All the bell ends will come flooding in for a fiver and a heckle.

Does anyone have any idea how we go about getting a refund? (Or if this is being offered?)

Thanks,

John.

Going to a concert, throwing beer at the guitarist or singer. What kind of stupidness is this ?

I will never understand why 'fans' feel the
need to chuck beer or heckle after
Paying money to see an artist. Baffling.
There is youtube footage of somebody
throwing beer over Angus Young from
AC/DC. Why bother? Idiots.

Because she's not a lunatic.

You've taken it down a notch from Johnny Barleycorn's sermon about Stalin, at least.

Wait...marred is a girl?

Does anyone have any idea how we go about getting a refund? (Or if this is being offered?)

Thanks,

John.

Below you can read the full press release which I received via email on the next day after the "concert". At the end they mention that one may place a complaint sending it by mail to Live Nation office (it is the company that organised the concert). They say it should be done within 10 days after the concert. I am almost sure that according to polish law you have 30 days for placing a complaint, but I guess it is better to do it within 10 days in order not to give them the reason to dismiss the complaint straight away. I guess if you live outside Poland it won't be possible to keep this date, so maybe it will help if you send the complaint by traditional post as they want and besides that the copy of it by mail, so they will be already informed that it is on the way.

"PRESS RELEASE (19.11.2014)
During today’s Morrissey concert at Stodola Club in Warsaw one of the members of the audience standing close to the stage directed extremely offensive and chauvinistic words to the Artiste. This forced the Artiste to leave the stage.

We welcome anyone present at tonight’s Warsaw show, the offer of free admission to the concert in Cracow, that will take place at Laznia Nowa on November 21, 2014.

If interested please contact [email protected].

If you would like to make a formal complaint about last night's show, please return your tickets (with the original receipt/proof of purchase), along with a letter detailing your complaint, within the next ten ( 10 ) days to Live Nation, Pilicka 4, 02-629 Warsaw, for consideration."

I have already sent my letter of complaint, we'll see how they deal with it.

As far as the concert itself is concerned, I still can't understand what has happened (I haven't heard any offensive comments either, but maybe it was something very "sophisticated" and my English is not good enough to understand that).
The only explanation for me could be Morrissey's extremely bad mental shape on that day. It would be understable to act so irrationally for a person who is ill and his illness may turn out to be terminal. He may say in interviews that he doesn't care whether he dies or not, but I think there is no person in the world who would be indifferent to that, especially somebody so sensitive and reflective as he seems to be (concluding from his songs).
I think that if he respects his fans, he should publish some explanation regarding that evening which was introduced by him at the beginning of the concert as "the evening of poetry and jazz" and turned out to be the evening of disappointment and disaster. I really think it wouldn't hurt him and even would increase affection that people have for him. Unless he doesn't care about that - that is always an option...

Nevertheless - bussiness is bussiness, if he wasn't in shape to perform and face some difficult situations that day, the organiser should bear the consequences of that and sort it out with the people who bought the tickets and with the artist, accordingly. Things happen, but one should solve problems, not runaway from them.

Thank you for this information - it was very helpful.

I'll try what you suggested and post on this forum to let everyone know the outcome.

My interpretation of the event was that it was all a huge, disastrous misunderstanding - but also that he was very, very overly sensitive. He should just have had the culprit chucked out, or even better, laughed it off.

Surprisingly, the whole incident and aftermath has actually made me more intrigued by the man. This sensitivity and depth of feeling has given me more of a feeling of empathy with him, and some of his lyrics.

My only real worry is that after the insults, he did a sixth song (with his back to the crowd). I read somewhere that if an artist does 6 songs, they usually don't need to offer a refund. So was this 6th song a cynical, desperate and calculating method of conning the fans out of their money???? I like to think not, but I can't help having just a small suspicion.

Sorry to go on, but come think about it maybe he hadn't decided to walk off stage right after the incident (whatever it was). I am starting to think that he wanted to continue with the show, but while performing Staircase he broke down completely and then really couldn't go on? I'd like to think that this is why he sang it with his back to the audience (and that was so unlike him), so we wouldn't see his face. And you can definitely hear how his voice is breaking during that last song. They said then that he was "very upset". Oh, Morrissey, if you only knew.

Sorry to go on, but come think about it maybe he hadn't decided to walk off stage right after the incident (whatever it was). I am starting to think that he wanted to continue with the show, but while performing Staircase he broke down completely and then really couldn't go on? I'd like to think that this is why he sang it with his back to the audience (and that was so unlike him), so we wouldn't see his face. And you can definitely hear how his voice is breaking during that last song. They said then that he was "very upset". Oh, Morrissey, if you only knew.

That crossed my mind too, this version of the story would make sense. But maybe we idealise Morrissey as a person too much, being misled by the lyrics of his songs, thinking that he is so sensitive, vulnerable etc. After all it is show bussiness where you can never be sure what is true and what is just the creation or manipulation. I still wan't to believe that he IS the kind of person I've been taking him for for years, but maybe I'm just fooling myself because I wan't to listen to his songs with the same sensation as before... I am really confused, I think psychologists call it cognitive dissonance :) But I guess we may never find out the true story.

Ok. I will tread very carefully because I know that any criticism of Morrissey is a cause for great emotive out pouring! I love Morrissey's music but I also have the ability to be objective....

Let me tell you what happened....

Morrissey said to the audience 'Do you mind if I tell you something!?' Everyone responded 'no!'

One person shouted 'just tell us'. I was about 20 yards from him. At that point Morrissey said 'that's not very nice'! He looked p*ssed off and at that point I knew he had lost his appetite for finishing the gig!

Here is where I may be wrong:

Did someone else say something MORE offensive that I didn't hear!? Well, No! Here is the reason why....

Nobody heard anything offensive otherwise the band would have immediately responded and / or the loyal fans around the bloke would have said something. Secondly, none of the band quoted what was said that was meant to have been so offensive. It is my summation that Morrissey reacted to the 'just say it' comment.

Is it alright for him to abandon a gig in a country where so few fans get to see him and walk off stage leaving thousands short changed because of one mildly irritating comment that grazed his delicate ego!? I don't think so either. I believe the 'he didn't feel safe' line is just a cover for the fact that he didn't fancy completing the gig because someone made a comment that irritated his hugely delicate ego.

I also predict that 'no one' and I mean 'no one' on this forum can tell usthis threatening / insulting comment that was made? Why? Because it never happened and it was a lie fabricated to justify the reason why he walked off and shat on his fans!

I was there. Someone yelled Suck it, after he said I'd like to say something now, If you don't mind. Which is what I think set him off. Then the same guy said You're just a old trafford. Then again repeated You're just a silly old Trafford. This is exactly what I heard. This is the link for the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azJE4Gi_meo Judge for yourselves.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom