Warsaw - Stodola (Nov. 19, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / Suedehead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University

set list provided by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey storms off stage in Poland after just 25 minutes when fan hurls 'extremely offensive and chauvinistic' abuse at him - Daily Mail. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Excerpt:

According to event organiser Live Nation, the incident happened because one member of the audience hurled ‘extremely offensive and chauvinistic’ abuse at the artist.

Although it has not been confirmed, it has been claimed the remarks stem from Morrissey’s recent cancer diagnosis.

Live Nation Polska Facebook post, excerpt translated:

PRESS RELEASE (19.11.2014)

During today’s Morrissey concert at Stodola Club in Warsaw one of the members of the audience standing close to the stage directed extremely offensive and chauvinistic words to the Artiste. This forced the Artiste to leave the stage.

We welcome anyone present at tonight’s Warsaw show, the offer of free admission to the concert in Cracow, that will take place at Laznia Nowa on November 21, 2014.
  • MORRISSEY - Stodoła, Warszawa, 19/11/14 (foto: P. Tarasewicz) (59 total) - cgp.pl. Link posted by docinwestchester.

warsaw.jpg
  • Five pound voucher offered by Live Nation for six song Warsaw concert; Facebook group created for full refund - Dec. 10, 2014

Last edited:
It's been 3 days since the show now, but I still think about it as it was one of the weirdest things that ever happened in my spectator "carreer". I was in 2nd row and everything was perfect. Moz even touched me on Speedway, but it's not the case. He was in great mood, trying to talk in Polish Hi and Thanks which was very funny, and after World Peace he said he wanted to say something and I held my breath because I thought it's gonna be something important like how he loves Poland and Warsaw etc. But someone ruined it in one second... It was so sad but I never thought that a man who's 30 years on stage would take it so personal and walk off after the next song. As we see on the movie from the show it seems that it wasn't really as that bad that he had to cancel the show.
I'm 26 but I almost cried after the show, so many emotions. And I still think about it after three days. It was 4th Morrissey show in our country and you can imagine how a fan who's listening to him for 10 or more years waits to have an opportunity to see him. He plays in England like 20 times every year and it's not as big thing for you as for me and other Polish fans. We were all punished by some idiot who turned out to not even be Polish... And now we'll have to wait for another show god knows for how long. I'm so sad that it just happened in Warsaw because we all tried to be so friendly to him and show him that we need and love him. That's why he comes back since he played in Warsaw for the 1st time in 2009 and it was his 3rd show here.
It seems so unfair, I want to cry... Somebody tell me that it's gonna be OK.

Nice post. I think you put into words what most fans are thinking. So very, very sad what happened. Feel really sorry for all the Polish fans who had their evening ruined by a Mancunian twat with a loud mouth and nasty little mind.

The apologists plead with us to have empathy for Morrissey. Where is the empathy for those poor fans chanting "Morrissey," "There is a light that never goes out," and, "We love you?"

My heart breaks. Listen to this clip from 12:30 on. :(

Didn't feel safe, my ass!

Last edited by a moderator:
The apologists plead with us to have empathy for Morrissey. Where is the empathy for those poor fans chanting "Morrissey," "There is a light that never goes out," and, "We love you?"

I hope Morrissey watches this.
I'm with you 100%.. the empathy is for the people in this video.. not the person who chose to not be in it.

Grow up. You buy your ticket, you make your choice, you take your chance. There was none of this whining after he was hit by that water bottle (?) in Liverpool. Just because someone puts a whiney video clip online doesn't change a thing. It's a curtailed pop concert, not the bombing of a school, for f***'s sake.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be totally wrong here..... but why did he do one more song (with his back to the crowd) after the incident?

Was this to avoid having to give out refunds? I read somewhere that if you do 6 songs, you tend not to have to offer money back. If so, this is utterly shocking. And reveals his love of his fans to be yet another shabby little lie.

Like I said earlier, I travelled to Warsaw all the way from Glasgow, and I am really expecting to be reimbursed for this debacle.

(And in response to the poster who told us all to quite wingeing and grow up, suggesting we should just have had a good night out in Warsaw instead? I did indeed go on to have a great time in Poland. But that is entirely irrelevant, of course, to the subject at hand).

I hope Morrissey watches this.
I'm with you 100%.. the empathy is for the people in this video.. not the person who chose to not be in it.

I hope so too. Watching is like hearing children crying out for their father and the father simply ignores them even though he hears their cries. It feels heartless. Cold.

He did this in Boston in 2007. He seemed to be looking for a way off the stage the minute he got on. He said he had done the Letterman show the night before and the air conditioning hurt his throat. Given the set list that he did play
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/morrissey/2007/bank-of-america-pavilion-boston-ma-33d7d0b9.html ,

I was surprised how great at how great his voice sounded on LOTFIP and NFD (as he did on the others) if he had a sore throat, he sounded perfect, so I do not think that was the reason for him leaving the stage. No one heckled him or hurt his feelings, the crowd was in a really good mood and was very responsive to things he was saying.

He just seemed agitated and if I recall correctly, he did not think enough of us were standing up. He asked if our seats were so comfortable that we did not want to stand up. Then after the last song, he just walked off the stage. Various people came out, one of which was a young teenage boy, to try to attempt to explain. No one would leave until we were given another date, and we were told to wait for it.

Then we were told to leave and the date would be posted online, It was and we were given the option to go again or get a refund. We opted to go and all Moz did was complain about people who opted to get refunds throughout the entire show.

I guess it was nice of him to reschedule, but some people go through a lot of time and expense to go to his shows and shouldn't have to go back again or only get 5 or so songs for all their efforts. If you schedule a full concert, put on a full concert. And YES there is a way to determine "full concert", its the number of songs on your usual set list.

He has to stop being such a wanker sissy boy knob head.

It's been 3 days since the show now, but I still think about it as it was one of the weirdest things that ever happened in my spectator "carreer". I was in 2nd row and everything was perfect. Moz even touched me on Speedway, but it's not the case. He was in great mood, trying to talk in Polish Hi and Thanks which was very funny, and after World Peace he said he wanted to say something and I held my breath because I thought it's gonna be something important like how he loves Poland and Warsaw etc. But someone ruined it in one second... It was so sad but I never thought that a man who's 30 years on stage would take it so personal and walk off after the next song. As we see on the movie from the show it seems that it wasn't really as that bad that he had to cancel the show.
I'm 26 but I almost cried after the show, so many emotions. And I still think about it after three days. It was 4th Morrissey show in our country and you can imagine how a fan who's listening to him for 10 or more years waits to have an opportunity to see him. He plays in England like 20 times every year and it's not as big thing for you as for me and other Polish fans. We were all punished by some idiot who turned out to not even be Polish... And now we'll have to wait for another show god knows for how long. I'm so sad that it just happened in Warsaw because we all tried to be so friendly to him and show him that we need and love him. That's why he comes back since he played in Warsaw for the 1st time in 2009 and it was his 3rd show here.
It seems so unfair, I want to cry... Somebody tell me that it's gonna be OK.

He plays 20 shows a year in England? Sadly not the case...

The main point here is, that collective responsibility and denunciation cannot be accepted.

Morrissey punished 1800 human beings because one or two idiots shouted something we are not even sure that was nice or not.
Band started witch hunt asking to point those responsible.

I saw many people crying. Morrissey's fans are probably the most delicate, peaceful and devoted people.
While Moz "already was on its way to Cracow", he left hundreds of people in shock, sadness, anger and disbelief.
I cannot believe what I saw.

Is that funny, Mr Morrissey ?

artistic integrity…it's what he has… like it or not..he's so good because he's real…
why doesn't anyone understand that's why he wouldn't continue
I'd rather have 25 minutes of him being authentic
he's human and he needs to be loved

I'm West Ham and if I made $40K an hour people could yell we miss you at The Den all they want. If Morrissey can't deal he should consider cloning 1000 Julia's and tell his stories to them.

I've been to West Ham (and Millwall) and if someone shouted to you, your gonna die in West Ham - or so very close to that, that the words virtually could only be that, then you'd be pretty pissed off too. When are you going to die ?

Earning a footballers wage or a singers wage or an MP's wage is irrelevant. Many artists are on more money than that !

Like a true pro, he got on with it the next day.

Maybe if someone had kicked the guys head in, or, better still quickly had him evicted.
Still, it's history now......

I hope so too. Watching is like hearing children crying out for their father and the father simply ignores them even though he hears their cries. It feels heartless. Cold.

A Father ignoring cries of his children? Jesus Christ. A little over the top, no?

I think he had a nervous breakdown so he didn't feel ''safe'' and he couldn't carry on anymore.

You don't see Kate Middleton stomping off when she's on the receiving end of Morrissey's abusive comments.

The best bit is when he replies "I'm not going to say it now" ( like a proper little girl )
Priceless ! Maybe it was humasexual time of the month and we all have to walk around on egg shells.
Good god, what's he gonna be like coming to London and someone shouts out "devius" or "truculent" or "unreliable" ?
You know as a payback for dissing "the United Kingdum" it's royal family, voting system etc.
If you gives it you gotta take it as well you know that's how it is.
Or he could have his bully boys vet people on the doors and refuse to let them in like he's done in the past, anyway fingers crossed he doesn't have the painters in and manages to do his full performance and keeps his mouth shut between songs instead of trying to be clever talking absolute bollocks.

02 arena, not sold out and not meat free = might not even go ahead due to the band of thugs contracting bird flu

Anyway I'm not going to say anymore now ! So there ! I'm gonna get Brian Ford onto you !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I've been to West Ham (and Millwall) and if someone shouted to you, your gonna die in West Ham - or so very close to that, that the words virtually could only be that, then you'd be pretty pissed off too. When are you going to die ?

Earning a footballers wage or a singers wage or an MP's wage is irrelevant. Many artists are on more money than that !

Like a true pro, he got on with it the next day.

Maybe if someone had kicked the guys head in, or, better still quickly had him evicted.
Still, it's history now......
If some Millwall fan yelled at me I'm going to die at Upton Park I would laugh at them. I'm not as witty as Morrissey who handled it perfectly at first asking is that funny and giving the snake eye. If he were a true pro he would have left it at that and carried on that night.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom