Warsaw - Stodola (Nov. 19, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / Suedehead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University

set list provided by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey storms off stage in Poland after just 25 minutes when fan hurls 'extremely offensive and chauvinistic' abuse at him - Daily Mail. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Excerpt:

According to event organiser Live Nation, the incident happened because one member of the audience hurled ‘extremely offensive and chauvinistic’ abuse at the artist.

Although it has not been confirmed, it has been claimed the remarks stem from Morrissey’s recent cancer diagnosis.

Live Nation Polska Facebook post, excerpt translated:

PRESS RELEASE (19.11.2014)

During today’s Morrissey concert at Stodola Club in Warsaw one of the members of the audience standing close to the stage directed extremely offensive and chauvinistic words to the Artiste. This forced the Artiste to leave the stage.

We welcome anyone present at tonight’s Warsaw show, the offer of free admission to the concert in Cracow, that will take place at Laznia Nowa on November 21, 2014.
  • MORRISSEY - Stodoła, Warszawa, 19/11/14 (foto: P. Tarasewicz) (59 total) - cgp.pl. Link posted by docinwestchester.

warsaw.jpg
  • Five pound voucher offered by Live Nation for six song Warsaw concert; Facebook group created for full refund - Dec. 10, 2014

Last edited:
...I would really defend Moz to the hilt if anyone did say anything offensive to him but really from being there you could see his expression and body language change the second someone shouted 'just say it'. Morrissey was expecting everyone to be hanging from his every word and when this clown shouted 'just say it' it killed the mood and killed the moment. I am convinced this is what made Morrissey take his bat and ball home, which if that is the case is a very very sorry state of affairs. I will delay passing judgment until more is said about this episode. I have been looking forward to this gig for ages and I am gutted. However, my frustrations lie with Morrissey rather than the irrelevant clown in the audience.

I'm really sorry—I would be upset, too.

I wonder if there was more to it than was apparent.

Absolutely. I wouldn't even go as far to call the person completely idiotic - maybe just drunk and over excited.

...Performing the last song with his back to the audience was very very sad and really left me feeling gutted walking home!

There's no excuses for doing this. So sad for our polish friends !

I have read the above already thanks.
It's confirmation that the show time stated in those emails is correct is what I'm looking for as I did not receive one.

This info was posted by a Polish user and tonight's show started as it stated.
Until 23rd November there is no support act, hence the promoter warned gig-goers.

He needs to do more of this stuff and less of the walking off/diva stuff when things go sour. That way, he keeps the innocent audience members happy and terrifies the problem person (basically turning the trouble maker into a walking target). He also looks badass sticking up for himself and causing this type of scene. It's pretty hot, actually.

That's the way I except him to react, especially after receiving something in the face. This is intelligent.

Tonight was stupid, really.

If there is a refund, then Morrissey just lost a decent amount of cash. In the US, for a 2000 seat hall he is asking about 45,000 right now. I feel bad for the band as this is how they make a living. Giving up a paid show has got to sting.

In Ireland, a ticket is roughly £50 - so, 2000 of those bad boys = £100,000. POW!

On a sidenote - is anyone really at all surprised that Morrissey is capable of throwing his toys out of the pram? In his 50s? This is still seen as a shock?
Decent enough setlist for a 7 song gig though, right? :)

I do wonder if something else happened. I wonder if he was in a good mood when he took the stage?

There's some sad photos of teenagers at the venue on IG. Some of those young fans really love him and save up to see him once and are met with this.

It would much easier to bare if there was. I can only go on how it looked from where I was. To me it definitely looked like he reacted to the 'just say it'.

Several hundred people with cellphones, half of them recording this gig, and not one video of the offending incident yet?

The jury is out until someone posts a clip.

I don't even feel very upset. He's got hir rights, he's not a seal to perform.
The best thing is I was happy to see him in such good condition, his voice sounding better than ever. It was supposed to be an excellent gig, and therefore I do feel slightly disappointed, though.

I still love you, I still love you
Only slightly, only slightly less than I used to ;)

I can't go to Kraków. I wander what is it going to be like.

In Ireland, a ticket is roughly £50 - so, 2000 of those bad boys = £100,000. POW!

On a sidenote - is anyone really at all surprised that Morrissey is capable of throwing his toys out of the pram? In his 50s? This is still seen as a shock?
Decent enough setlist for a 7 song gig though, right? :)

The 45K is just his guarantee. The club is taking the rest of the ticket sales

He's got hir rights, he's not a seal to perform.

You're wrong. He approved this concert. He sold tickets to fans that were under the assumption that they were going to see a concert for an hour or so. He didn't deliver. He didn't break a law by cancelling, but he has now put a lot of people (promoters, vendors, fans, etc.) in the position of recovering their losses.

He may not be a seal, but unlike a seal, Morrissey had a choice to accept this gig (and the tour as a whole). If he can't fulfill his contractual obligations, he needs to stop touring.

I do wonder if something else happened. I wonder if he was in a good mood when he took the stage?

There's some sad photos of teenagers at the venue on IG. Some of those young fans really love him and save up to see him once and are met with this.
He seemed to be in a very good mood, trying to speak Polish (which is, as you probably know, a superpower ;)), the gig was great until than.
I was on the other side (it happened on Bozz's side, I always take Jesse's) so I didn't hear what was said.
But in no way did I see Moz willing to end the gig. It was far beyond him, I guess.

I don't even feel very upset. He's got hir rights, he's not a seal to perform.
The best thing is I was happy to see him in such good condition, his voice sounding better than ever. It was supposed to be an excellent gig, and therefore I do feel slightly disappointed, though.

I still love you, I still love you
Only slightly, only slightly less than I used to ;)

I can't go to Kraków. I wander what is it going to be like.
Hejka szkoda ze nie bedziesz w Krakowie.Gdzie ty bylas??Nie widzialam cie niegdzie!

- - - Updated - - -

Slyszalas co bylo jakis debil sie wymądrzal na temat spiewu.Debilizm!!!

He seemed to be in a very good mood, trying to speak Polish (which is, as you probably know, a superpower ;)), the gig was great until than.
I was on the other side (it happened on Bozz's side, I always take Jesse's) so I didn't hear what was said.
But in no way did I see Moz willing to end the gig. It was far beyond him, I guess.

This was the worst part! You are right - he was in a radiant mood. He looked like he really wanted to interact and enjoy himself ...but... the mood changed very quickly as soon as the 'just say it' comment was made. It was like a switch flicked. It really pi**ed him off!

This info was posted by a Polish user and tonight's show started as it stated.
Until 23rd November there is no support act, hence the promoter warned gig-goers.

Kewpie please take your time and read the following carefully. I know a Polish user posted the info but the info was posted last night and since then the thread you posted a link to has not been updated. As I have said already, I was looking for confirmation that the show did start at the time stated preferably by someone that was actually at the concert. It's been years since I posted on this website until yesterday and you're the main reason why, with your sarcastic comments getting in the way of any genuine fan who might be looking for help. Glad to see you haven't changed! Can you please refrain from replying to future posts I make. Thank you.

Kewpie please take your time and read the following carefully. I know a Polish user posted the info but the info was posted last night and since then the thread you posted a link to has not been updated. As I have said already, I was looking for confirmation that the show did start at the time stated preferably by someone that was actually at the concert. It's been years since I posted on this website until yesterday and you're the main reason why, with your sarcastic comments getting in the way of any genuine fan who might be looking for help. Glad to see you haven't changed! Can you please refrain from replying to future posts I make. Thank you.

I advise you to send a PM to users who actually had been to tonight's show.
Clearly they are still in shock what happened, so don't bother to reply to your post.

Last edited:
Our singer loves so much to sing about gangs, crime, criminals... And get offended about a slight remark from the audience.

He is literally lots of people. Whatever that person said struck a nerve that nobody here can rationally understand. He's a thug one minute and the abused the next, he can't help it. He's a ghost mansion. Then the comment was likely exaserbated by the lyrics of Staircase and he got freaked out and flew. (It's eerie reitterating your own point.) He's a bird, he doesn't always fight. Give him a break. I'm still trying to figure out what they said. SHit I'm still trying to figure out what timezone he's in, lol.

Meanwhile massive electrical problems in cars and home on this end. Trying to solve them!!!!!

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom