What a maneuver!: A WWF appreciation thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
I used to love watching him put his 'opponents' in a headlock, but I can't find any footage of him doing it. This is as close as I can find to what I watched in the late 60's and early 70's.

I found some footage of him doing the headlock but he's much younger in it than he was when I used to lap it up.

"Send Rowdy Roddy Piper that skirt wearing queer on queer street, and likin' it!"

FEA76654-2217-4394-96BD-E87F46D30D14.jpeg

Is this guy famous or something?

https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1066257-kurt-angle-announces-farewell-match

Imagine if the match turns out to be Angle vs HBK, along with Batista vs HHH, just like Wrestlemania 21. Sure, the matches will be 10x slower than their encounters 14 years ago, but still worth seeing since it's the last time we'd see it.

Post your predictions for the full WM35 card! I'll have to mull it over but I expect Hardy Boys and Cena matches. One match I don't want to see is Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston. I'd take Daniel Bryan Vs Cena over that.
Bryan vs Kofi isn't worth even tuning in to Smackdown to see.

https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1066257-kurt-angle-announces-farewell-match

Imagine if the match turns out to be Angle vs HBK, along with Batista vs HHH, just like Wrestlemania 21. Sure, the matches will be 10x slower than their encounters 14 years ago, but still worth seeing since it's the last time we'd see it.

Post your predictions for the full WM35 card! I'll have to mull it over but I expect Hardy Boys and Cena matches. One match I don't want to see is Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston. I'd take Daniel Bryan Vs Cena over that.
Bryan vs Kofi isn't worth even tuning in to Smackdown to see.

Sting is like...what the f*** am I doing here? We got beat by these guys?

I’m guessing something along the lines of

Seth v Brock
Roman/Dean v Drew/Corbin
Batista v HHH
New Day v Hardys v Usos v The Bar
Shane v Miz
Bryan v Kofi
Styles v Orton
Angle v Cena
Ronda v Becky v Charlotte
Nattie/Beth v Nia/Snuka
Revival v Black/Ricochet
Auska v Evans
Joe v Truth v Almas v Rey v Ali v Owens
Murphy v Alexander
ATGM Battle Royal for the rest

I’m guessing something along the lines of

Seth v Brock
Roman/Dean v Drew/Corbin
Batista v HHH
New Day v Hardys v Usos v The Bar
Shane v Miz
Bryan v Kofi
Styles v Orton
Angle v Cena
Ronda v Becky v Charlotte
Nattie/Beth v Nia/Snuka
Revival v Black/Ricochet
Auska v Evans
Joe v Truth v Almas v Rey v Ali v Owens
Murphy v Alexander
ATGM Battle Royal for the rest

I think I agree with all of this, and they'll have to squeeze Strowman in somewhere as well. I could also see Undertaker making an appearance for a ten minute entrance followed by a two minute squash.

I'm about as enthusiastic about Shane v Miz as I was for the Shane v X-Pac match at WM15. They can't find anything for Dolph or Bray Wyatt or Rusev or Elias or Bobby Roode or Nakamura but they keep placing Shane in high profile Mania matches that I don't know if anyone wants to see. Twenty years later and he still can't throw a punch. Although it'll be worth it if he drags Miz's father into the ring during the build for the WM match and beats him up for some red hot heat. Like when Orton punted Cena's father.

I don't know if the card has any potential classics, but it looks solid. I suppose Ronda v Becky v Charlotte is the best bet, which could be like the women's version of HBK v Benoit v HHH if it's done right (instead of the rushed Orton v Angle v Mysterio. Or worse: Cena v Edge v Big Show.)

I think I agree with all of this, and they'll have to squeeze Strowman in somewhere as well. I could also see Undertaker making an appearance for a ten minute entrance followed by a two minute squash.

I'm about as enthusiastic about Shane v Miz as I was for the Shane v X-Pac match at WM15. They can't find anything for Dolph or Bray Wyatt or Rusev or Elias or Bobby Roode or Nakamura but they keep placing Shane in high profile Mania matches that I don't know if anyone wants to see. Twenty years later and he still can't throw a punch. Although it'll be worth it if he drags Miz's father into the ring during the build for the WM match and beats him up for some red hot heat. Like when Orton punted Cena's father.

I don't know if the card has any potential classics, but it looks solid. I suppose Ronda v Becky v Charlotte is the best bet, which could be like the women's version of HBK v Benoit v HHH if it's done right (instead of the rushed Orton v Angle v Mysterio. Or worse: Cena v Edge v Big Show.)

I imagine Strowman is going to be wasted like he was last year as well...except instead of a little kid, it’ll be against some unfunny SNL c***s. Yay. Just what everyone has been clamoring for.

I don’t know what they could have Taker even possibly do...unless he faces Angle. Taker vs Angle is my favorite match ever but that was 2006. Kurt can’t seem to even remember that he used to do European uppercuts at this point so I have no hope for anything decent. Especially since both of them have shit cardio these days and get gassed within 7 minutes.

I can’t see Cena missing Mania but you never know...most people want to see him vs Joe...and though I’d like to see that, I don’t think it would be the match people hope it to be if it’s at Mania. It’ll be short and Cena will half ass it because he’s gotta go make another movie.

Miz’s Dad is definitely going to get involved. Honestly, I think I’d much rather watch the Miz’s Dad have a match against Zack Ryder’s Dad than watch Shane vs Miz. I’m sure it’ll be a decent match and I love Shane but please...enough. Just stop. No more McMahons unless it’s Vince.

Eh, I’m not too excited about any of the women’s stuff...they all are just too botchy for me to ever get into it. Charlotte and Becky being the least clumsy at this point...but that isn’t saying much. Watching a Nia Jax match is almost as painful as a root canal.

Back
Top Bottom