What album are you listening to right now?

I've been listening to Bellow by a band called Sister Crayon. Amazing.

2766045857-1.jpg

In fact, they are doing a residency at Pianos Bar in NYC for two more Wednesdays if you live in the NYC area. They deliver live. Go. Sooooo effing good.

373033_314223702777_377603095_n.jpg

http://www.pianosnyc.com/showroom/popgun-presents-sister-crayon-residency

Listening to 'Dazzle,' from Siouxsie and the Banshees from their highly underrated album, 'Hyena.' Such a stunning band who have covered so many different musical genres beggining with rampant punk, to dark, gothic rock, to psycadellic ballads such as Dazzle, then to more poppy and softer, even operatic sounds. Siouxsie is just my all time favourite female singer, so glad she and Morrissey, my favourate male singer, came together to sing the mesmerising 'Interlude,' together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Listening to 'Dazzle,' from Siouxsie and the Banshees from their highly underrated album, 'Hyena.' Such a stunning band who have covered so many different musical genres beggining with rampant punk, to dark, gothic rock, to psycadellic ballads such as Dazzle, then to more poppy and softer, even operatic sounds. Siouxsie is just my all time favourite female singer, so glad she and Morrissey, my favourate male singer, came together to sing the mesmerising 'Interlude,' together.

I couldn't agree more with your description on Siouxsie. Surprisingly enough, although fellow goth/dark postpunk bands (like The Cure, the Sisters of Mercy, Fields of the Nephilim etc.) made it really big in my home country, Hungary, Siouxsie and the Banshees were never that popular. Probably they were just far too sophisticated for Hungarian goths! :lbf: Plus, their lyrics are pretty important, and back in the 80s/90s our knowledge of English left a lot to be desired...

So true, Siouxsie is probably one of the most underrated of the bands formed in the punk era, which is quite strange considering that they were so diverse and that they lasted as long as they did. I heard recently that Siouxsie is working on new solo material. I really hope this is true; I wonder if she will do any touring in the future too. I never got the chance to see her, being born in 1993 and all, so it would be excellent if she did.

Hello and welcome to the forums!
If you like Siouxsie you might wish to check out this thread http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/119479-Siouxsie-and-The-Banshees I started last year in her honour. :)

Back
Top Bottom