What concert/show are you going to go to next?

Went to see The Smiths Indeed tonight in Edinburgh and had a phenomenally good evening...

Difficult for a Glasgow lass to admit, but the Edinburgh crowd were even more receptive than Glasgow had been a few weeks ago. They were in particularly fine form tonight... it was a joyous evening (no doubt helped along by the fact that i had my first alcoholic beverage in 7 years at the gig!:blushing:)
I even managed to catch a T-Shirt that was thrown to the audience:thumb:
Yay!:p Couldn't have hoped for a better evening!:) Thumbs up all round:thumb:

Already stated; going to see The Wonder Stuff on Wednesday, but also going to Linder exhibition on Thursday, Shostakovich on Saturday, Ash on 27th April and Gogol Bordello on the 9th May.:thumb:

Atoms for Peace last night at the Santa Barbara Bowl! Amazing show

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to see Mark Lanegan in the Róisín Dubh in Galway on April 30th, can't wait :D I seen him (in The Gutter Twins) at Electric Picnic a few years ago, and they was great.

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club next Tuesday (think it is) at lpool academy

In May I have booked to see Delphic, Ian McNabb, and The Maccabees all in Liverpool.

Thinking of booking for Midlake, Doves and Roxy Music as well.

Last edited:
Very rarely go to gigs these days (being an old codger of almost 40) but I'm going along to see Dinosaur Jr and Built To Spill in May.

I'm not a huge fan of either band (I like them OK) but I'm sure it will be good to hear some live music again and hang out with a friend from out of town.

Elvis Costello tomorrow.

I'm taking my little girl to see Colin Hay and Weird Al... I'm secretly excited to see Weird Al, actually. Shhh.

Conan O'Brien.

Possibly PiL and Buzzcocks.

Kristeen Young.

And that's all right now.

Last edited:
Saw the Primitives in York last night at Fibbers, absolutely fantastic show. Last saw them in '87 and they still sound great. Two hour drive home after not so good.

Next up is Dinosaur Jr and Built to Spill in Newcastle May 14 (home ground so beer / taxi combo).

DOuble whammy for me:

Surfer Blood
The Fall Shepherds Bush Empire May 7th (would like to see them at some of the other venues they're playing round the country eg Frome Cheese and The Grain, Aldershot The Palace, Balne Lane Working Mens' Club Wakefield or Old Canteen Media & Arts Centre, Barrow-in-Furness but alas I'm busy those nights.)

Then hoping to go to the Sonar Festival in Barcelona in June - Roxy Music, LCD Soundsystem, Air, Plastikman, Chemical Brothers, Dizzee Rascal etc etc.

This week LCD soundsystem then Doves

Flight of the Conchords at Manchester Apollo

Marina and the Diamonds at Manchester Academy 2

Lady Gaga at the MEN

Jonsi at Manchester Academy

Elvis Costello tomorrow.

I'm taking my little girl to see Colin Hay and Weird Al... I'm secretly excited to see Weird Al, actually. Shhh.

Conan O'Brien.

Possibly PiL and Buzzcocks.

Kristeen Young.

And that's all right now.

I didn't know Kristeen Young was touring. Where is she playing? She needs to come back to Texas! Have fun:thumb:

My next show is Psychedelic Furs.

Nerina Pallot tomorrow.

Smiths fan... as post-web show music she has played "Death of a Disco Dancer"

Back
Top Bottom