Poll What re-issue/official release are you most looking forward to?

What re-issue/official release are you most looking forward to?

• Southpaw Grammar

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Maladjusted

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • You Are The Quarry

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Ringleader Of The Tormentors

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Live At The Hollywood Bowl

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Years Of Refusal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • World Peace Is None Of Your Business

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

What re-issue/official release are you most looking forward to?
Looks like Honey You Know Where To Find Me is being released for RSD to promote a Southpaw Grammar re-issue.

If there are unreleased tracks being added then definitely World Peace and Refusal.

Right, World Peace was surprisingly one of his strongest latter career periods as far as album tracks and bonus tracks goes. If anything was left unreleased, I look forward to hearing it. Would have to assume it would be Action Is My Middle Name, People Are The Same Everywhere, The Kid’s A Looker and so on.

Right, World Peace was surprisingly one of his strongest latter career periods as far as album tracks and bonus tracks goes. If anything was left unreleased, I look forward to hearing it. Would have to assume it would be Action Is My Middle Name, People Are The Same Everywhere, The Kid’s A Looker and so on.
It's a really good album. I'd settle for it being on Spotify even with no extra tracks. I just think that to be omitted from his discography is absurd.

Do you think that if you were falling in space that you would slow down after awhile, or go faster and faster?

Last edited:
I'd like properly curated reissues that encompass the old art and sensible, decent (exhaustive) outtakes.
I guess the issue will be whether Morrissey (after the profuse liner notes and his efforts 're-imagining' things like SG) will have any hand in a second or third version of an album - especially after choosing different tracks and ditching others in creating the previous reissues.
If it's a case of the record company have more sway than we know, we may get them in a style people have been wanting for an age. That said, I don't necessarily believe BMG/Warners have outright control over all of the proposed releases - so what ultimately comes out will be very interesting.
Deluxe vinyl & CD versions of the albums suggested with exhaustive outtakes? - take my money now.
Regards,
FWD.

World Peace would benefit from a bit of remastering (or whatever the technical term is) - it's the one that feels the most unfinished.

If they’re being released on vinyl then YATQ, ROTT and SG. Because those are the only albums I don’t have.

poor ringleader,just me and it,on our own.

I'm not wrong!!! It's the one I feel doesn't flow the way it should. I WILL STAND BY IT. :p
World Peace works just fine the way it is, I bought the 18 track deluxe version and as a whole package it's a great release. That said it just wasn't promoted properly what with the Harvest fallout etc Hopefully gets the rerelease it deserves.

WPINOYB will be interesting given the rumours that:

http___pitchfork-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com_content_joanofMoz.jpg

Did physically exist in some shape or other.
That will be 3 versions of the album and a 4th possibly this year - in just 6 years since release (3, assuming the pictured one never happened/happens).
Hopefully, there will be some reissue news after IANADOAC releases.
Regards,
FWD.

World peace because it needs a digital presence. It’s probably one of my favs. Ringleader I think will be neat to hear with a new master. I very much want to like that album but I just get annoyed listening to it

poor ringleader,just me and it,on our own.
The one thing that could make me excited about a re-issue of Ringleader is if they made it sound less like it was recorded in a tin can. I like many of the songs from that era and I love the live recordings from that tour but the production on that album feels like an assault on my ears. The only songs I ever listen to are You Have Killed Me, Dear God Please Help Me and Life Is A Pigsty.
Things like this are usually very subjective though.

World Peace would benefit from a bit of remastering (or whatever the technical term is) - it's the one that feels the most unfinished.

well I don’t think a remasters gonna help the track flow

Back
Top Bottom