Poll What should Morrissey do next?

What should Morrissey do next?

• Drop Morrissey Central

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Give an honest interview

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Apologize for supporting For Britain

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Record and release an album. Forget BMG and get on with it.

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • All of the above

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • I love the s,M

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
If anyone out there, with cash, still has faith in his organisational capacities, they will surely soon be asking him to curate and headline a UK holiday camp weekend—along the lines of Minehead’s Shine Festival, and Belle and Sebastian’s Bowlie Weekender.

This (it seems to me) would be a most obvious next step: it would visibly consolidate his fanbase and raise his profile, whilst taking the focus off him, personally, and returning it to his music (and his wide cultural influence).

Realize that life is running out of time, build bridges with those other blokes and re-form that group and make everyone happy.

Last edited:
If anyone out there, with cash, still has faith in his organisational capacities, they will surely soon be asking him to curate and headline a UK holiday camp weekend—along the lines of Minehead’s Shine Festival, and Belle and Sebastian’s Bowlie Weekender.

This (it seems to me) would be a most obvious next step: it would visibly consolidate his fanbase and raise his profile, whilst taking the focus off him, personally, and returning it to his music (and his wide cultural influence).

Cept...........all those bands will have taken umbrage at Moz's views over the yrs and have a nark on.

Connect with his fans through this pandemic. There are lots of things going on with artists originally from Manchester, Liam Gallagher did his Down by the river gig, which was really innovative, New Order released a new single called Be A Rebel, James are recording a new album and have released snippets of it, there are lots of things he could be doing if he really wanted to.

He's still mourning his mum. I don't think zoom jams are on the agenda.

Cept...........all those bands will have taken umbrage at Moz's views over the yrs and have a nark on.
Blondie, Echo & The Bunnymen, Bauhaus (to name a few) were all happy to play a festival which he was to headline, just last year. I think it could definitely happen.

To be frank, once your off Morrissey Solo there’s a lot of goodwill and admiration for Morrissey that could easily translate into ticket sales. And if he embraces the nostalgia circuit, for the benefit of going on (like OMD, for instance), he’s home and dry.

Blondie, Echo & The Bunnymen, Bauhaus (to name a few) were all happy to play a festival which he was to headline, just last year. I think it could definitely happen.

To be frank, once your off Morrissey Solo there’s a lot of goodwill and admiration for Morrissey that could easily translate into ticket sales. And if he embraces the nostalgia circuit, for the benefit of going on (like OMD, for instance), he’s home and dry.

If he did anything normal, he'd be fine.

But I'm coming round to his eccentricity now that Twitter is dying & the witch-hunters are extremely likely to go down in history as complete sh*ts.

I was re-reading Freddie deBoar & realised we've changed so much that I wouldn't think twice about telling these people to get knotted. In 2017 I would have fretted that people would think I didn't care about the vulnerable.

Those who live and operate in left discursive spaces are numb and exhausted from living in the constant fear of saying the wrong thing and stepping on a landmine. Over-the-top wokeness is now obligatory in media and academia, which means that much of it is performed in bad faith, with the cynical and the opportunistic now adopting that language and those tactics for their own selfish ends. Meanwhile, decent people who are sincerely committed to the actual ideals that underlie that language are forced to self-censor or else to drop out entirely. This is no way to advance the cause.

If he did anything normal, he'd be fine.

But I'm coming round to his eccentricity now that Twitter is dying & the witch-hunters are extremely likely to go down in history as complete sh*ts.

I was re-reading Freddie deBoar & realised we've changed so much that I wouldn't think twice about telling these people to get knotted. In 2017 I would have fretted that people would think I didn't care about the vulnerable.

Those who live and operate in left discursive spaces are numb and exhausted from living in the constant fear of saying the wrong thing and stepping on a landmine. Over-the-top wokeness is now obligatory in media and academia, which means that much of it is performed in bad faith, with the cynical and the opportunistic now adopting that language and those tactics for their own selfish ends. Meanwhile, decent people who are sincerely committed to the actual ideals that underlie that language are forced to self-censor or else to drop out entirely. This is no way to advance the cause.

Certainly, what you get here and in certain areas of the media is a world away from the opinion of people who attend events such as the Let’s Rock music festival.

He needs to drop his ticket prices, then that nostalgia audience will take a punt. If he stops playing cobblers such as I Bury the Living, and slots in a good few Smiths tracks (as he did on the Quarry tour) people will keep coming back, and they’ll start buying his records.

Morrissey’s problem is a nice one to have: do I cash in on the nostalgia potential now, or later?

I was watching Madness in front of 15000 people in 2019. No one there would care about Twitter, The Guardian, AMW or the Remain argument. However most, I’m guessing, would’ve owned something by Morrissey and they would’ve loved him if he’d been the support: in some ways things have actually changed in his favour.

He should definitely not do an honest interview. It wouldn’t pay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Certainly, what you get here and in certain areas of the media is a world away from the opinion of people who attend events such as the Let’s Rock music festival.

He needs to drop his ticket prices, then that nostalgia audience will take a punt. If he stops playing cobblers such as I Bury the Living? and slots in a good few Smiths tracks (as he did on the Quarry tour) people will keep coming back, and they’ll start buying his records.

Morrissey’s problem is a nice one to have: do I cash in on the nostalgia potential now, or later?

I was watching Madness in front of 15000 people in 2019. No one there would care about Twitter, The Guardian, AMW or the Remain argument. However most, I’m guessing, would’ve owned something by Morrissey and they would’ve loved him if he’d been the support: in some ways things have actually changed in his favour.

He should definitely not do an honest interview. It wouldn’t pay.

It's an option.

I wouldn't put a proper 2nd comeback past him though. He seems to prefer adversity.

I think Moz is quite endearing in interviews - the danger is the headlines & pull-quotes that are there to get outrage clicks. I doubt he could be persuaded to learn a list of taboo words, people & topics. Which is also endearing but obviously a short-term disaster.

Back
Top Bottom