What song are you listening to right now?

When they came for Him in the garden, did they know? :unsure:

I hadn't heard much by Richard Hawley before I went to see this musical - it's good.
It's about the brutalist council estate, Park Hill, in Sheffield.
Did he act in the musical, or were his songs used? Did you pick out which ones? Great singer. I saw him in Vicar Street a while back.

Nobody Loves Us
&

Did he act in the musical, or were his songs used? Did you pick out which ones? Great singer. I saw him in Vicar Street a while back.

Nobody Loves Us
&

No he didn't act. The playwright Chris Bush picked the songs to fit the story. It's like a jukebox musical, but with a better book. David Bowie made it respectable with Lazarus - he was much more hands on with the script.

Scotland does a lot of "gig theatre" & "plays with music" - and we've also done a few hybrids that are almost jukebox, almost plays with music & almost original musicals with traditional staging. Sometimes it can be a bit HIT AND MISS.

I really liked the one based on Belle & Sebastian's If You're Feeling Sinister - but it flopped !!!

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom