What song are you listening to right now?

I have a house full of 6-year old girls on Xmas hols - so I've been listening to High School Musical 2 for the last few hours... :(

Dave

listening to a lot of simon and garfunkel. plus the smiths first album. my favourite atm being 'i don't owe you anything'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to Irregular Regular I am re-discovering Siouxsie and the Banshees. Lullaby has been on my mind since yesterday...

listening to a lot of simon and garfunkel. plus the smiths first album. my favourite atm being 'i don't owe you anything'.

Isn't Art oddly Morrisseyesque in this video?

LOVE. THIS. Especially the end, trainer calls time and he throws in just a few more punches. ACH!

Outkast - Roses.

I honestly think the lyrics to this song are nothing short of genius.

A few years ago, after my girlfriend first found out about Chan Marshall through a friend, she went through a phase where she played almost nothing but Cat Power for like eight months. And I'm not talking about the newer, faux-funky, almost-has-a-faint-trace-of-a-pulse Cat Power, I'm talking about the older stuff, the pre-Greatest stuff like Moon Pix and What Would The Community think.

To put it politely I am...not a fan. I guess it's a chick thing, maybe. I thought I was gonna kill myself if it didn't stop. I mean, she loves all that Leonard Cohen, Mazzy Star wispy, pretty, lilting, detached bullshit, but Cat Power makes that stuff seem like death metal.

But there is one song, Names, that absolutely knocks me out; it's so sad that it's almost surreal in the depression it exudes, and the melody is phenomenal, like a lullaby you would sing to your kid when you don't want it to wake up again.

It's weird that I cannot stand anything else Chan Marshall does. Usually if I am really taken with a song, then I at least like some of the band's other stuff. But not so with the CP... Names however, is mind-blowingly great.

Actually, I also like Color and The Kids...and that silly little spoken-word duet where that chick is trying to get Chan to come over and play with her cats.

Holy f***...I think I'm growing a vagina. :eek:

Your girlfriend has good taste.

Outkast - Roses.

I honestly think the lyrics to this song are nothing short of genius.

Verse three is a little harsh, don't you think? :squiffy:

Paleface: "Burn & Rob"
Live at the Beachland in Cleveland

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom