What song will Morrissey omit from a Vauxhall remaster?

MozIsGod

What song from Vauxhall & I will Morrissey likely omit from a future remaster?

I say "Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning."

Last edited:
What song from Vauxhall & I will Morrissey likely omit from a future remaster?

I say "Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning."

why do you think he would choose that one?I love that song..

He should definitely add I'd Love To though. It would be nicely sequenced as the penultimate track between The Lazy Sunbathers and Speedway.

I don't think he'll remove any songs from 'Vauxhall', as it's generally considered his masterpiece, whereas 'Viva Hate' is generally considered to have dated somewhat badly and 'Maladjusted' is generally considered to have some problems too. As for the 'Kill Uncle' remaster, however...

Not for song quality, but Hold Onto Your Friends was Morrissey's lowest-charting single ever (until Glamorous Glue re-release). He hates flops.
Love that song, but it's not a single at all. I don't think we'll ever hear him sing that cover of Moon River again, either.

Moon River is an embarrassment, what was he thinking. Personally I wouldn't have messed around with Viva Hate, I disagree that it has dated. It's still one of my favourite Mozza albums.

Not for song quality, but Hold Onto Your Friends was Morrissey's lowest-charting single ever (until Glamorous Glue re-release). He hates flops.
Love that song, but it's not a single at all. I don't think we'll ever hear him sing that cover of Moon River again, either.

Well, the extended version of Moonriver (sic) was included as the final track of The Very Best of... so he must still like it.

I love the emotion that comes through when he's singing it in Introducing Morrissey (is it Hepburn crying when she finds out her brother died?) but it's not something I'd listen to regularly.
But I've always wanted an interviewer to ask about his lyrical changes on songs like that and That's Entertainment. Is "Huckleberry" just a word he thought would sound dumb coming out of his mouth?

Moon River is an embarrassment, what was he thinking. Personally I wouldn't have messed around with Viva Hate, I disagree that it has dated. It's still one of my favourite Mozza albums.

I love the emotion that comes through when he's singing it in Introducing Morrissey (is it Hepburn crying when she finds out her brother died?) but it's not something I'd listen to regularly.
But I've always wanted an interviewer to ask about his lyrical changes on songs like that and That's Entertainment. Is "Huckleberry" just a word he thought would sound dumb coming out of his mouth?

The weeping woman is Peggy Evans. She is weeping cos Dirk Bogarde has just hit her.

4239961778_9d29980b26_z.jpg

"The Blue Lamp" (1949)

It is interesting to wonder how Morrissey may meddle with his masterpiece. In theory, as well as cutting certain tracks, he could "augment" Vauxhall with all or none of Black-Eyed Susan, I'd Love To, Interlude, Moonriver and A Swallow On My Neck. I think the only completed unreleased track from the sessions is the first version of Honey, You Know Where To Find Me - and as the later version has been released it's unlikely the earlier one will ever be.

I really can't agree. What about the abridged live version ( as seen on "Introducing...)? That particular scene where Alain is in the background playing the guitar with his mouth ? In that something so ostensibly "raaawwk" features while Moz is up front emoting reticently but still for all his heart's worth ? The dramatic contrast between these two images ? No ?

"Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning" will be replaced by a full & clear version of "Oh Phoney". Can't wait.....

Back
Top Bottom