What's Hit you Today!!!

bosso20640

..Having listened to The Smiths/ Morrissey for over 27yrs it's often nice when you re-discover an old classic. Today, for me, that was Sweet and Tender Hooligan. Moz is so Violent yet with compassion, makes me laugh just how on earth he comes up with some lyrics.

What gets to me though is how he is cast aside, in his early years because of how he looked and more recently for his "outspoken views"

I have to admit in '84 when The Smiths were first mentioned to me I didn't take too much notice, just thought he was odd therefore I'd not like his music. How wrong I was!!

He'll never get the appreciation and respect he deserves because, perhaps like I was then, people tend to have shallow minds and won't bother discovering his music

Smiths formed in 1982 and released a single in 1983.

Sorry, but you can't be listened Smiths more than 27 years.

oops, Yes you're right, on my way to work and rushed my mental maths!!!
should have been from '85- '07 making it 22yrs!!! an oversight of 5 yrs, apologies!!!!!!!!!!

..Having listened to The Smiths/ Morrissey for over 27yrs it's often nice when you re-discover an old classic. Today, for me, that was Sweet and Tender Hooligan. Moz is so Violent yet with compassion, makes me laugh just how on earth he comes up with some lyrics.

What gets to me though is how he is cast aside, in his early years because of how he looked and more recently for his "outspoken views"

I have to admit in '84 when The Smiths were first mentioned to me I didn't take too much notice, just thought he was odd therefore I'd not like his music. How wrong I was!!

He'll never get the appreciation and respect he deserves because, perhaps like I was then, people tend to have shallow minds and won't bother discovering his music

I adore this song. Every time I hear it, I have to listen to it 4-5 times, at least. :D

“Yes, I am blind” – I just listened to it 3 times on my way into work.
It’s an early and all-time favorite of mine. In my sorry way I love everything about this song –it could be another one of my ‘themes’ =o)
Not to jump the gun, but I give it a 10. :)

Smiths formed in 1982 and released a single in 1983.

Sorry, but you can't be listened Smiths more than 27 years.

Miss, I am beginning to believe the comment that someone made that you are a robot. At the least you are meticulous to detail. Very good. Not many would have noticed that.

“Yes, I am blind” – I just listened to it 3 times on my way into work.
It’s an early and all-time favorite of mine. In my sorry way I love everything about this song –it could be another one of my ‘themes’ =o)
Not to jump the gun, but I give it a 10. :)

When asked I regularly cite this as my fave Moz song.

What has hit me today?

I am sat in my kitchen listening to ROTT and it has certified my opinions - my favourite Morrissey album of the past decade.

In the midst of life we are in death, et cetera....

Yeah, sweet and tender hooligan is a great song.

Recently my rediscovery has been Miserable Lie and The Hand That Rocks the Cradle. Whenever I listen to the Smiths I always used to overlook these because of my adoration of other songs on the first album, like You've Got Everything Now. But, alas, they are also excellent....:)

Back
Top Bottom