When did charming become cranky? Why a middle-aged Morrissey is so hard to love - The Guardian

Another Guardian clickbait article about Morrissey's middle-aged madness.

Yawn. Full of the usual types bemoaning the fact a man in his late 50s tends not to be the same as one in his 20s.

When did charming become cranky? Why a middle-aged Morrissey is so hard to love - The Guardian
by Dorian Lynskey
As a new biopic England is Mine charts the Smiths singer’s early life, fans speak of their disillusion at his increasingly outspoken views

UPDATE July 23:

Posted by Uncleskinny:

Here's the full page from today's Observer - notably, in the main 'News' section rather than the Review or Arts section.

40407_observer_20170723.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Or maybe people like the way Morrissey is? I like the way he speaks honestly about how he sees the world. I'd much rather hear that than some canned politically correct nonsense. I don't understand how he can be picked apart for being himself. Accept him for what he is.

Speaks honestly? He is a f***ing liar - where are the photos from the Rome incident?

Still a massive fan of Morrissey. I have always loved listening to his songs and still do.
I am so tired of reading all this negative stuff about him.

where are the photos from the Rome incident?

yes, I agree. I'm wondering why no one has posted these videos. Is censorship that bad in Italy that no one dares to post them? Or people tried and they were intercepted ?

I find it hard to believe anyone would go through the trouble of describing their experience in what happened to them if it didn't happen. And I don't know how M thinks any video will capture what he personally went through(emotional state) and how the experience shook him (as it would most) up. I mean, even if we did see video of the incident, it'll be difficult for people to judge if they themselves have never experienced police brutality or abuse of power enforced on them.

And he did cancel shows because of the incident, why would he bother if something awful and unjust didn't happen to him?

Still a massive fan of Morrissey. I have always loved listening to his songs and still do.
I am so tired of reading all this negative stuff about him.

I agree. I loved world peace and still admire his taste in literature film fashion music etc. he still writes lyrics that for me I could quote endlessly. I dont hate people who disagree with me politically and I consider morrissey an unprangamtic somewhat naive political commenter. That said maybe if the guardian and those who read it made an argument for remain that didn't consist of calling people either idiots or racists then hey might have convinced more people and got the result they wanted. The remain message was somewhat hysterical haughty and judgemental leaving little room for any nuance in the character of those who voted to leave and they continue this route when talking about anyone who supported brexit now. I'll agree that those glasses and that message are for sure true. Someone complained endlessly that the song bullfighter was condoning the cheering of human suffering but loves the morrissey who writes Margaret on the guillotine and asks for prince Charles to be shot. Part of the problem is that people do see what they want to see and they saw morrissey as reflecting there views. imo morrissey has not changed much at all for better and sometimes worse and if that story of his police encounter had happened during his smiths days people would have talked about it like it was a badge of honor

Moz fan moshers grew up to become journos and now they are struggling to write about something interesting during the season of news drought. Soon they are back to reporting about the real world again when the dark nights are drawing in and the humour is as black as the BBC.

yes, I agree. I'm wondering why no one has posted these videos. Is censorship that bad in Italy that no one dares to post them? Or people tried and they were intercepted ?

I find it hard to believe anyone would go through the trouble of describing their experience in what happened to them if it didn't happen. And I don't know how M thinks any video will capture what he personally went through(emotional state) and how the experience shook him (as it would most) up. I mean, even if we did see video of the incident, it'll be difficult for people to judge if they themselves have never experienced police brutality or abuse of power enforced on them.

And he did cancel shows because of the incident, why would he bother if something awful and unjust didn't happen to him?

For the same reason he demanded a lost Mexican cab driver drop him off in the middle of nowhere because he thought he was being kidnapped.

And for the same reason he was baffled by the lack of concern about the situation shown by those dropped off with him.

He's a narcissist. It doesn't make him evil, it just makes him comical.

Don't talk shit, he claimed over 100 people saw the incident, yet no pictures have ever appeared. He blows things out of all proportion and gullible fools like you believe him.

"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob

Yeah! Right on! Screw all this PC nonsense! You should be free to be as racist as you like! Damn those pesky laws passed by our democratically elected representatives that stop us from from saying those things 'we all think in private'

I'm sorry. I bow to your moral superiority.

Ask uncleskinny moral dilemma

What should I do about this neighbour I have? She's constantly cooking smelly food, from the Caribbean no less, and I can't concentrate on my crossword puzzles. What should I do? I want to do the right thing but I'm unsure what that is.
Please help,
Cross Wordy

What should I do about this neighbour I have? She's constantly cooking smelly food, from the Caribbean no less, and I can't concentrate on my crossword puzzles. What should I do? I want to do the right thing but I'm unsure what that is.
Please help,
Cross Wordy

Maybe you should slam a sandwich toaster shut on your genitals a few times. Can't promise it will cure you, but it has to be worth a try.

Maybe you should slam a sandwich toaster shut on your genitals a few times. Can't promise it will cure you, but it has to be worth a try.

Ouch. Thanks for the violent response. Actually, not thanks but f*** you.

I hope your politics never gets elected into office. I'd end up in some sort of facility for the independent minded. I'd be force to perform retweets and likes for PC causes and other delirium at slave wages. Dismal existence. Maybe I'd smuggle in some Moz to brighten my day. Peace.

For the same reason he demanded a lost Mexican cab driver drop him off in the middle of nowhere because he thought he was being kidnapped.
And for the same reason he was baffled by the lack of concern about the situation shown by those dropped off with him.

huh? o_O :lbf:

Does anyone have Morrissey's address. Seems like a pleasant fellow. Might send him my CV.

Don't talk shit, he claimed over 100 people saw the incident, yet no pictures have ever appeared. He blows things out of all proportion and gullible fools like you believe him.

'Don't talk shit'

really? is that the best you can do?

'he claimed over 100 people saw the incident, yet no pictures have ever appeared.'

And yes, I already gave my reason/opinion why maybe no video has been posted, you could have addressed those comments of mine with your take on them or maybe we could both hope that someone that actually knows the laws in Italy about posting video of cops actions and if it's possible that there could be some form of censorship going on, instead you attack me.

'He blows things out of all proportion'

well, that's your opinion, which of course doesn't make it true. People deal with things in different ways, are you not old enough to have learned and experienced that by now? and have learned to accept that people are different than you, rather than attack those people with petty judgements?

Anyways, a threat to ones life and however that victims reactions may seem to the outsider could never be called 'blows things out of proportion'. I Guess you've never been there, or maybe you are made of steel? a 'real BIG MAN'.

As I've said, something must have happened that bothered M enough that he would cancel shows, where he will lose the opportunity to reach fans and lose the trust of business partnerships. It's a strong stand that he's making, but you don't seem to want to see it. Must be those Confirmation Bias Goggles that Uncleskinny got ya for your birthday, how sweet ! :love:

:tiphat:

Okay this defines "Mozbot" "logic."
You find it hard to believe "anyone" would go through the trouble of telling a lie? So everything anyone says is more likely true because lies are inconvenient?
Also video can't help us judge whether or not the story is true, but even if it could what really matters is not the facts but how "M" felt?
And we're unlikely to be able to feel the same... this seems sort of preemptive. It's almost as if you're planning for an excuse in case video ever does turn up.
Of course it won't because any video that anyone attempted to upload would be "intercepted."
220px-Alex_Jones_thumbs_up.jpg

But Surface, you're talking shit now too. He said he saw over 100 people filming it with their phones or cameras as it was just a rough estimation. Or did you want him to count them all first and ask them to be witness on his behalf? :rolleyes:

There was an incident in a crowded well-known street in the centre of Rome, and nowadays whenever such incidents happen you must know people immediately start to film that. They didn't all know who Morrissey was.

They might become reluctant to publish it on social media due to the Italian rule, or law prohibiting them to make photos, or film of a policeman in uniform active on duty. I am just assuming that.

I don't know about the penalties and how strict the rules or laws are but if there would be a lawsuit, no doubt the lawyers of the defense would ask for that and then it suddenly might appear.

Now that Sam has removed the Facebook photo and comments, it doesn't seem likely there will be any further development as long as both parties keep silence.
I guess this must be some kind of disappointment to people who dislike Morrissey but it could turn out much more disappointing for them if a legal procedure would go through.
On the other hand I know for sure there would be enough people here with suggestions, opinions and hate, condemning him. o_O

Yes, he blows things out of proportion, but he is absolutely not the only one regarding all the negativity and dislike for him.
Gullible fools are everywhere and a great deal of them are moaning and whining about everything Moz does or doesn't.

It's a story from Autobiography, which may or may not be true, wherein Morrissey escapes a kidnap attempt using the cunning technique of asking the kidnapper to stop the car.

Morrissey, his tour manager and his bodyguard book a taxi to take them over the US border (more likely to the border, but Morrissey says across) from the El Foro concert hall in Tijuana. Morrissey seems to believe that this should be a four-minute drive. It's actually about 15 minutes to the border, according to Google maps. After 20 minutes, Morrissey decides something is not right and screams to be let out of the car. The car stops and he and his companions get out. Morrissey appears convinced he was being kidnapped, and give the impression that he ended up on some isolated desert highway, although this is not really possible within anything like 20 mins. He would still be somewhere in Tijuana.

Who knows what actually happened, but I don't think the normal MO of Mexican kidnappers is to let people go if that's what they demand.

It's a story from Autobiography, which may or may not be true, wherein Morrissey escapes a kidnap attempt using the cunning technique of asking the kidnapper to stop the car.

Morrissey, his tour manager and his bodyguard book a taxi to take them over the US border (more likely to the border, but Morrissey says across) from the El Foro concert hall in Tijuana. Morrissey seems to believe that this should be a four-minute drive. It's actually about 15 minutes to the border, according to Google maps. After 20 minutes, Morrissey decides something is not right and screams to be let out of the car. The car stops and he and his companions get out. Morrissey appears convinced he was being kidnapped, and give the impression that he ended up on some isolated desert highway, although this is not really possible within anything like 20 mins. He would still be somewhere in Tijuana.

Who knows what actually happened, but I don't think the normal MO of Mexican kidnappers is to let people go if that's what they demand.

This proves that Ketamine Sun hasn't gotten round to reading Autobiography. Too busy maternally posting on Morrissey's most hated site.

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom