where is the old guard?

Re: set the record straight

Pity some people don't understand black humour which is often seen in Morrissey's lyrics.

Yes, but a lot of people (including me) didn't see it as black humour at all, just crude and a bit juvenile.
But the entire site became that..."darkness"...with the exception of the Frink...and the Frinkers (and others) wanted a place where we COULD go to other threads without the heaping helpings of negativity...so a lot of them went elsewhere and some of the banned people joined other sites too.

I still come here about every day for a couple minutes - but I know lots of people who just decided the bookcover thread was the final final-straw. Not that it was necessarily worse than other threads or discussions that came previously - but the years of crudeness and vulgarity got tired and a lot of people collectively bailed.

I'm sure this site will continue. There's enough people here who are looking for the kinds of discussions that the others left because of. Not dissing anyone - just saying what I've seen from my perspective.

Exactly. I do pop in here still most days, but it's really nice to have a calmer alternative which is a reaction against some of the stuff that's gone down here over the years.

Last edited:

Pity some people don't understand black humour which is often seen in Morrissey's lyrics.

What you like to call "black humor" is not black humor; it's rudeness, which is often derided by Morrissey. When Morrissey says that the world is designed for crashing bores, he's not saying it's a good thing. Had you not gathered that he's against it? The rude jerks who run Solo are the crashing bores.

Also, how convenient for you. I've always figured that the more cruel and unreasonable of the Morrissey fans feel validated by Morrissey's dark side. If only you were all clever enough to pull it off as charmingly as he does. And as infrequently. Many of the rude, insulting, flippant, unreasonable people (some mods) on Solo have taken the prickly side of Morrissey's personality as a sign that it's OK to be a total asshole on a daily basis. It's not. So lots of good people were banned for refusing to lie down and take it. And lots of other people left this site in disgust after seeing how it's run. I personally know at least ten people (roughly counting them in my head as I write this) who have come to Solo and tried really hard to fit in only to leave in disgust.

I don't know how many times I've seen nastiness on Solo defended as "just taking the piss" or as "black humor", etc. That's total BS.

The main reason Solo is so dead is that the mods defend the classless trolling that goes on in here, but not the people who wish to defend themselves from this abuse. This is the result. It's just a bunch of jerk mods and a gang of trolls standing around itching for a fight, yet having nobody left to pick on.

What you like to call "black humor" is not black humor; it's rudeness, which is often derided by Morrissey. When Morrissey says that the world is designed for crashing bores, he's not saying it's a good thing. Had you not gathered that he's against it? The rude jerks who run Solo are the crashing bores.

Also, how convenient for you. I've always figured that the more cruel and unreasonable of the Morrissey fans feel validated by Morrissey's dark side. If only you were all clever enough to pull it off as charmingly as he does. And as infrequently. Many of the rude, insulting, flippant, unreasonable people (some mods) on Solo have taken the prickly side of Morrissey's personality as a sign that it's OK to be a total asshole on a daily basis. It's not. So lots of good people were banned for refusing to lie down and take it. And lots of other people left this site in disgust after seeing how it's run. I personally know at least ten people (roughly counting them in my head as I write this) who have come to Solo and tried really hard to fit in only to leave in disgust.

I don't know how many times I've seen nastiness on Solo defended as "just taking the piss" or as "black humor", etc. That's total BS.

The main reason Solo is so dead is that the mods defend the classless trolling that goes on in here, but not the people who wish to defend themselves from this abuse. This is the result. It's just a bunch of jerk mods and a gang of trolls standing around itching for a fight, yet having nobody left to pick on.

Have a donut.

Your case was rested a long time ago. You just didn't realize it.

The funny part is that you don't really get how you're proving my point. You're just dying to say something witty and sharp to skewer me, just like Master Morrissey might do to an enemy, but instead you just say these ugly little things to further clutter Solo up with negativity. Is it dark humor, Dave? Are you taking the piss? Once again I'm not seeing it. It just looks like more nastiness. Aren't you glad I came along so you had someone to attack? Are you smoking now? Satisfied?

Also, how convenient for you. I've always figured that the more cruel and unreasonable of the Morrissey fans feel validated by Morrissey's dark side. If only you were all clever enough to pull it off as charmingly as he does. And as infrequently. Many of the rude, insulting, flippant, unreasonable people (some mods) on Solo have taken the prickly side of Morrissey's personality as a sign that it's OK to be a total asshole on a daily basis. It's not.

This is very true. Some people on here try so hard to be contrary and sarcastic and enigmatic in order to "be like Morrissey" (although of course they'd never admit that in so many words) that they just come off as utter tossers. It's not big and it's not clever.

Last edited:

:rolleyes:

Did you like Mozwa which slogan was 'Morrissey would approve'?

Site administrator is running the site 13 years, knows there's nothing can stop people posting nasty stuff about Morrissey.

Regarding JJ, you actually don't know the whole story.
Jukebox Jury started harassing me sometime in 2009.
During the same period he was given two 3 day timeouts for harassing other members, eventually site administrator banned him.
He also registered with my solo user name at your site which shows his true colours.

Kewpie
Do you mean the real whole story, or just your version of events?
The person asking the question at the top of the page doesn't even mention JJ....so why do you feel you need to bring his name into the equation? Guilty feelings perhaps?

When JJ started attacking you, in 2009, was this before or after you persistantly changed the titles of his threads? Was this before or after you persistantly sent PM's to members, telling them NOT to post anymore replies to threads JJ had started? Is that not harassing a member?

You say he was given a three day time out for ''harassing'' other members. He called Cornelious Blaze a c*nt. If you look at reply number 12 in this thread, Billy Scissors calls EGD exactly the same word. Any time out given? Thought not.

Finally, you are very good at talking about JJ in a negative way on here when he is banned and his comments are deleted. When he has come on here under different names and asked you direct questions about his banning, you fail to answer / respond to every single question posed – indeed, you tend to go very quiet. I wonder why?

Kewpie
Do you mean the real whole story, or just your version of events?
The person asking the question at the top of the page doesn't even mention JJ....so why do you feel you need to bring his name into the equation? Guilty feelings perhaps?

When JJ started attacking you, in 2009, was this before or after you persistantly changed the titles of his threads? Was this before or after you persistantly sent PM's to members, telling them NOT to post anymore replies to threads JJ had started? Is that not harassing a member?

You say he was given a three day time out for ''harassing'' other members. He called Cornelious Blaze a c*nt. If you look at reply number 12 in this thread, Billy Scissors calls EGD exactly the same word. Any time out given? Thought not.

Finally, you are very good at talking about JJ in a negative way on here when he is banned and his comments are deleted. When he has come on here under different names and asked you direct questions about his banning, you fail to answer / respond to every single question posed – indeed, you tend to go very quiet. I wonder why?

Its just my sense of humour luv.

what became of the likely lads and ladies, I can't recognize names in this forum anymoar :(

hello sir.... i am still here. when bored.

Kewpie drove away most of the interesting folks.Yeah, the good old days, before you were made a moderator. Coincidence?

but someone as dull as you, banned for a year, needs to come back.Coincidence?

Did you like Mozwa which slogan was 'Morrissey would approve'?
Site administrator is running the site 13 years, knows there's nothing can stop people posting nasty stuff about Morrissey.

During the same period he was given two 3 day timeouts for harassing other members, eventually site administrator banned him.
He also registered with my solo user name at your site which shows his true colours.

sometimes Kew, you don't help yourself. You shouldn't get into this tired old argument.

I rest my case. Thanks, Dave.

and a Diet coke.

The funny part is that you don't really get how you're proving my point. You're just dying to say something witty and sharp to skewer me, just like Master Morrissey might do to an enemy, but instead you just say these ugly little things to further clutter Solo up with negativity. Is it dark humor, Dave? Are you taking the piss? Once again I'm not seeing it. It just looks like more nastiness. Aren't you glad I came along so you had someone to attack? Are you smoking now? Satisfied?

This is very true. Some people on here try so hard to be contrary and sarcastic and enigmatic in order to "be like Morrissey" (although of course they'd never admit that in so many words) that they just come off as utter tossers. It's not big and it's not clever.

example:

James_Cagney_in_Yankee_Doodle_Dandy_trailer_2up.jpg

As you can see the same old rubbish but some of the names have changed. :rolleyes:

Kewpie,
You forgot the bit in the middle, in between the time outs and the ban....... the bit where you broke the agreed truce between JJ and yourself, as agreed with DavidT.
You know, the bit where JJ asked you politely to stop posting about him two times, but you ignored him, posting a further two times, giving JJ no option but to strike back....and getting himself banned in the process. Is it coming back to you now?
No need to thank me for refreshing your memory, I appreciate in time the little things can get easily overlooked :thumb:

Oh no, still claiming to be a victim? Let's not pretend you are whiter than white either. You've contributed to your fair share of negativity too.

I've been in here for years and years. Speaking of years there
was a time when people posting some pretty vicious stuff.
Like using size 20 fonts to swear with.
I cannot fully remember but I believe the site was "crapflooded"
so badly that it broke and David T had to remake the whole
thing.
So, that's why the moderators in here have had to be strict.

I've been in here for years and years. Speaking of years there
was a time when people posting some pretty vicious stuff.
Like using size 20 fonts to swear with.
I cannot fully remember but I believe the site was "crapflooded"
so badly that it broke and David T had to remake the whole
thing.
So, that's why the moderators in here have had to be strict.

Its the double standards of the mods that was/ is an issue "at the moment"

it's hilarious that someone that stalks Morrissey sees other people's behavior in terns of "what would Morrissey do?" but whatever...

Tags
barbie ferrari infinite nsfw old guard old school sadness
Back
Top Bottom