Which is Morrissey's worst album cover?

Which is Morrissey's worst album cover?

• Total voters
Raphael = :crazy:

Maladjusted was the worst until Swords came along. Southpaw was nothing special either, cuz he wasn't 'on it'. ;) Is there any other musician who has featured himself on so many records? I know I've asked this before. :)

Raphael = :crazy:

Maladjusted was the worst until Swords came along. Southpaw was nothing special either, cuz he wasn't 'on it'. ;) Is there any other musician who has featured himself on so many records? I know I've asked this before. :)

Why Maladjusted? It's not bad at all.
Morrissey a cammaleon but Bowie is more... (I don't say about face, hair..)
Morrissey always featured himself like someone with no labels... it could be proved on all albums eh released. I don't think his albums are good at all, but they're not worse at all either.

Why Maladjusted? It's not bad at all.
Morrissey a cammaleon but Bowie is more... (I don't say about face, hair..)
Morrissey always featured himself like someone with no labels... it could be proved on all albums eh released. I don't think his albums are good at all, but they're not worse at all either.

I dunno, it's still not that bad, it's just uninspired. Bleh. It doesn't even look like him.
S paw's okay -I did buy the t-shirt on tour. :o Morrissey Girl's Club! :boxing: :guitar:
Moz doesn't really take bad photos...but for Swords he went out of his way. ;)

Last edited:
Is there any other musician who has featured himself on so many records? I know I've asked this before. :)

I can't answer your question, but it brought up something that happened recently with me. I showed the artwork for 'Swords' to one of my non-Morrissey listening friends, and she said that he should stop being on his album sleeves. :lbf:

I just can't imagine that anymore though -- it's like every time a new release is planned, we all eagerly await seeing what, erm, position, Morrissey is in next :o :D

"Years of Refusal" is f***ing hideous. I'm really shocked at the results. I really like the cover of "Maladjusted". Of course, I also like the album which puts me in a minority, anyhow. It's definitely better looking than the reissue.

For me it's a close tie between Maladjusted and Bona Drag. I went for Bona Drag. Although the November Spawned A Monster video is a real masterpiece, that still they used for the cover is quite hideous.

Maladjusted Reissue is the only one I honestly dislike. I think it's the pants.

(Excluding the original Southpaw of course, but I like to think that one's a given. After all, it wasn't one of the choices!)

I think the Maladjusted reissue is FAR better than the original, which I voted for as the worst...the pants could have been (and have been!) worse. At least the London street signs keep it interesting....mind you I think the cover of the new Swords will give it a run for it's money!

The original Southpaw Grammar cover is abysmal. Original Maladjusted is bad too. Swords isn't his best, but surely it isn't the worst? At least we get a hint of cleavage.

I was very tempted to vote for Swords as it's not a great photo and the expression on his face is unfortunate, but the fantastic inner sleeve photos make me forgive the cover. :) I went for the original Maladjusted- it's quite dated-looking and his paleness in that photo is very odd.

Re: hmmmm

I think the original 'Maladjusted' sleeve was poor. 'Swords' is just ok.

I love 'Vauxhall and I,' the collection he released with the photograph in front of the Grave Maurice is beautiful. I also like the cover for 'Refusal.' Those are probably my top three album covers. Singles-wise, I just loved the one where Morrissey was lying on the railways tracks, awaiting the train, then checked his watch as the train was no doubt late! Wonderfully witty. I think it was 'You Have Killed Me.'

My least favourite singles art would be IBEH and the one with a naked bottom. Too 'in your face' for me, I'm afraid.

I did love the sleeve photograph on the 'Let Me Kiss You' single here:

http://crocmusic.com/images/albums_large/536/morrissey_let_me_kiss_you.jpg

The original Maladjusted is unforgiveable, it looks like it's been knocked together in 10 minutes by someone who's just started out on photoshop. Swords isn't that far behind.

Hey look at me, I've ranked them from best to worst.

Viva Hate
Southpaw Grammar (reissue)
Ringleader of the Tormentors
You are the Quarry
Years of Refusal
Early Burglary
Vauxhall and I
Your Arsenal
Kill Uncle
Bona Drag
Swords
Maladjusted (reissue)
Maladjusted (original)

Can't choose between these three, all poor in different ways:
"Southpaw grammar" = no Moz, bad idea.
"Maladjusted" reissue = I hate the shades, the clothes and the pose.
"Swords" = completely lacking in energy.

The best cover of his solo career is "Everyday is like Sunday", hands down.

Can't choose between these three, all poor in different ways:
"Southpaw grammar" = no Moz, bad idea.
"Maladjusted" reissue = I hate the shades, the clothes and the pose.
"Swords" = completely lacking in energy.

The best cover of his solo career is "Everyday is like Sunday", hands down.

Oh, the irony.

Tags
eyesore
Back
Top Bottom