Which is worse? Morrissey supporting For Britain, or...

Which is worse?

• D - Underage sex with Lori Maddox - David Bowie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E - Underage sex with Sable Starr - Iggy Pop

• F - Relationship with a 14 year old - Elvis (at 24)

• G - Underage sex with Lori Maddox - Mick Jagger

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I take your point in this exercise. But I would quibble with the inclusion of John Lennon, who was not unrepentant of his behavior.

All that "I used to be cruel to my woman | I beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved" was me. I used to be cruel to my woman, and physically—any woman. I was a hitter. I couldn't express myself and I hit. I fought men and I hit women. That is why I am always on about peace, you see. It is the most violent people who go for love and peace. Everything's the opposite. But I sincerely believe in love and peace. I am a violent man who has learned not to be violent and regrets his violence. I will have to be a lot older before I can face in public how I treated women as a youngster.

I take your point in this exercise. But I would quibble with the inclusion of John Lennon, who was not unrepentant of his behavior.

I understand why someone would quibble with his inclusion, Aubrey, but if I hadn't included him, others would've asked why I hadn't included him. And there is the fact that he did do that and no record shop has banned the sale of his records, or the records by the rest in that poll, apart from Morrissey. Which is so bloody hypocritical.

@The Chameleon Is it legal to support For Britain?

Also, you can support a political party and not support everything they stand for. If you voted Conservative, does that mean that you supported the bedroom tax?

Just to be clear, I do not support For Britain.

Aren't B-H actual crimes?
Whereas A is just holding a certain viewpoint.

For a lot of people, Morrissey's only crime is actually being Morrissey. Nothings really changed since he first appeared on the stage.

Articles on all those in the poll:

Miles Davis - Pimp

Jimmy Page - Kidnapping Lori Maddox

That article ^ also includes info on David Bowie, Iggy Pop and Mick Jagger.

Elvis - Relationship with Priscilla when she was 14

John Lennon - Hitting women

@The Chameleon Is it legal to support For Britain?

Also, you can support a political party and not support everything they stand for. If you voted Conservative, does that mean that you supported the bedroom tax?

Just to be clear, I do not support For Britain.
Then the poll should be "Which of these things is legal?"
I voted for the first one because I am tired of this subject and I think if you're going to complain about character assassination you really weaken your case by bringing up a bunch of random gossip about other people. I don't really know if most of those are true.
It did make me sad when @Uncleskinny agreed with me but he is being serious and I was just poll-trolling.

Naturally I voted (a) but only in order to bring attention to what a ridiculous poll this is. If you can only make yer man look good by comparing him to rapists, paedophiles, and wife-beaters then I think you've got a problem.

Yelled at Julian so loud he had hearing difficulties the rest of his life, ignored Julian, didn't include Julian in his will, before his death was expressing support for Reagan in a playboy interview, lied about how he met Yoko, lied about his past, forged Paul's signature on documents to make the other Beatles think Paul was power-mad, "an absolute, unrepentant bastard from the moment I met him to the moment he died" - David Peel on John Lennon, a serial liar, drug addict, wife beater, child abuser and so much worse, and him making a few public statements while he continued to be a piece of shit does not express repentance. Honestly I'm shocked more people don't write him off.

anyway, I voted for the dumbest option on purpose because of how stupid this poll is. Otherwise, it would have been Lennon all the way.

Not to mention that Morrissey's attitude towards these things would be "Where were the parents?" and "they only complained later when they didn't get what they wanted out of it."
If you think Morrissey gets a hard time for the things he says that's fine but if you're going to try to convince others of that you really ought to think it through.

That's not true, is it? From Red Wedge to For Britain
For almost as long as he's been famous he's been making comments and gestures that to the myopic of the world were just as "racist" as anything he's said in the last two or three years. Yet you always seemed on board. It wasn't until the Wokerati virtue signaling of recent times became in vogue that you got so irrevocably triggered. Is this your late middle aged attempt at channeling the young punk you once were? I can't think of any other reason you've become so unabashedly hostile toward him.

Then the poll should be "Which of these things is legal?"
I voted for the first one because I am tired of this subject and I think if you're going to complain about character assassination you really weaken your case by bringing up a bunch of random gossip about other people. I don't really know if most of those are true.
It did make me sad when @Uncleskinny agreed with me but he is being serious and I was just poll-trolling.

Just list the ones that you think are false.

You can rule out Lennon as he admitted this himself. Not just in an interview but on record. Listen to Getting Better on Sgt. Pepper.

Iggy Pop wrote a song about sex with 13 year old Sable Starr called Look Away.

Miles Davis admitted to being a pimp. Just type Miles Davis Pimp into YouTube and watch him admit it.

Elvis and Priscilla is a fact. Priscilla has stated this. But there are other sources.

Yelled at Julian so loud he had hearing difficulties the rest of his life, ignored Julian, didn't include Julian in his will, before his death was expressing support for Reagan in a playboy interview, lied about how he met Yoko, lied about his past, forged Paul's signature on documents to make the other Beatles think Paul was power-mad, "an absolute, unrepentant bastard from the moment I met him to the moment he died" - David Peel on John Lennon, a serial liar, drug addict, wife beater, child abuser and so much worse, and him making a few public statements while he continued to be a piece of shit does not express repentance. Honestly I'm shocked more people don't write him off.

anyway, I voted for the dumbest option on purpose because of how stupid this poll is. Otherwise, it would have been Lennon all the way.

It was Sean that John screamed at not Julian.

For almost as long as he's been famous he's been making comments and gestures that to the myopic of the world were just as "racist" as anything he's said in the last two or three years. Yet you always seemed on board. It wasn't until the Wokerati virtue signaling of recent times became in vogue that you got so irrevocably triggered. Is this your late middle aged attempt at channeling the young punk you once were? I can't think of any other reason you've become so unabashedly hostile toward him.

Yeah whatever. On block.

Back
Top Bottom