Which song is much better live ?

zulu sierra

Born again atheist
Which Smiths/Morrissey song is consistently much better when played live ?

For me I much prefer the live version of "I know it's over" found in "Rank" over the studio version in "The queen is dead"..I also prefer "Jack the ripper" played live over the bland studio version.

Well , what about you ???

The live version of 'Jack The Ripper' definitely. Would love him to play that at RAH.

'The Loop' also sounds much better live.

The live version of 'Jack The Ripper' definitely. Would love him to play that at RAH.

'The Loop' also sounds much better live.

Jack The Ripper sounds amazing live, but I've always wondered why he leaves the last verse out...

"Let Me Kiss You" sounds much better live.

We'll Let You Know. I prefer most of Your Arsenal live, actually.

ALL OF 'EM!
Other than The Loop, I can't quite think of a studio version I prefer. And the Loop is great live as well, just not as rockabilly or... spectral.

Yep, all of 'em indeed. :thumb:

Pretty much all of them, agreed, especially the Kill Uncle material. I couldn't believe how different the KU album sounded after I saw the Dallas vid :confused:

How Could Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel. Much more dynamic and rockier than the studio version.

ALL OF 'EM!
Other than The Loop, I can't quite think of a studio version I prefer. And the Loop is great live as well, just not as rockabilly or... spectral.

That's so true. Hahah.

The studio version of 'The Loop' DOES have more appeal to me for some reason. It's just so damned perfect. The clicky intro, the meandering bass -- ah! :D Great :)

Ganglord has big bollocks live.

Peter

First time I saw Ganglord live it nearly knocked me over. Or maybe that was the steep Apollo floor but yes, big bollocks. It's the Morrissey song live that says, 'don't f**k with me' more than any of them.

Except maybe, Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice

Life is a pigsty

My list of songs that are definitely better live:

Billy Budd
Alsatian Cousin
Speedway
The Queen is Dead
Bigmouth Strikes Again
Death at One's Elbow
First of the Gang to Die

Those that don't quite cut it live:
You Know I Couldn't Last