"Why are you so edgy, kid?"

A

anthony

Saturday 27th September

Uptight continues its monthly residency at the Tatty Bogle Club, Kingly Court (off Beak St) Soho at its usual time of 9.30pm - 3.30am. At time of writing, the membership policy is still in force (see MEMBERSHIP below) but it does look as if we've managed to secure the following Special Offers indefinitely:
- free entry 9.30 - 10.00pm (£4.00 afterwards) + a free drink for the first twenty people
- extended happy hour till 9.30 - 11.00pm
- five-drinks-for-the-price-of-four all night long

For any more information on Uptight go to our website:
http://www.uptight.org.uk

MEMBERSHIP: You will be asked by the door staff if you are a member of The Tatty Bogle Club. This is a small but necessary technicality involving licenses etc as the Tatty Bogle is officially a members-only club. Membership is FREE & if not a member already, simply e-mail us your name in advance to [email protected]. If you're with people who aren't members, don't worry as you can sign them in as guests. Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience, but this system does seem to running a lot smoother now (& we recommend getting there early to avoid the queues as the club fills up fairly quickly). Finally, if there's ANY problems on the night just ask for Wayne or Anthony & we'll be able to sort it out.

And finally, for any newcomers to the club, a brief idea of what kind of stuff we play...
New Order Ramones Fall Strokes Stooges Galaxie 500 Clinic Modern Lovers Pixies Television Spacemen 3 Stereolab JAMC Brian Eno Sonic Youth Velvet Underground Clash White Stripes Beach Boys Patti Smith Big Star Magazine Flaming Lips Lee Hazlewood Lambchop Broadcast MBV Roxy Music Kraftwerk Denim Teenage Fanclub Ronettes Sex Pistols David Bowie Johnny Thunders etc etc etc...

Uptight

I'll be there again, A.
I'm already a veteran of two visits standing. A bit lop-sided maybe, but standing just the same.
I'm REALLY old and loved Richman's 'roadrunner', Reed's 'i can't stand it', Only Ones 'another girl', Da Bruddas, and Moz of course. 'suedehead' and 'there is a light..' had me crying last month. Which is unforgivable really, because I've heard each of them about a million times.
More seventies stuff would be great, but I'm not complaining, honest!!
Keep up the good work.

> I'll be there again, A.
> I'm already a veteran of two visits standing. A bit lop-sided maybe, but
> standing just the same.
> I'm REALLY old and loved Richman's 'roadrunner', Reed's 'i can't stand
> it', Only Ones 'another girl', Da Bruddas, and Moz of course. 'suedehead'
> and 'there is a light..' had me crying last month. Which is unforgivable
> really, because I've heard each of them about a million times.
> More seventies stuff would be great, but I'm not complaining, honest!!
> Keep up the good work.

Living in the arse end of nowhere, I envy people having this kind of entertainment on their doorsteps. Bah!

TMF

> I'll be there again, A.
> I'm already a veteran of two visits standing. A bit lop-sided maybe, but
> standing just the same.
> I'm REALLY old and loved Richman's 'roadrunner', Reed's 'i can't stand
> it', Only Ones 'another girl', Da Bruddas, and Moz of course. 'suedehead'
> and 'there is a light..' had me crying last month. Which is unforgivable
> really, because I've heard each of them about a million times.
> More seventies stuff would be great, but I'm not complaining, honest!!
> Keep up the good work.

Thanks for that. And we can do more seventies! Normally get pestered for current stuff. Give us a few requests tomorrow night and we'll see...

Back
Top Bottom