Why does Morrissey hate David Beckham?

This bit sums it up best, really. Combine that with the Royals chumminess and it's not hard to see where Morrissey's vitriol comes from. If I happened to be one of his inner circle I'd probably tell him "Let it go," to which he'd probably reply "But it's a source of great enjoyment for me." Fair enough.

Don't kid yourself. They are just easy targets, I mean good he hangs around with Russell, David W and Jonathan Ross, they are hardly shinning lights. They have also been chummy with Royals.
As well as engaging in mild sexism, bullying old men and eating meat (Ross and David)

Beckham was a very average footballer at best with the knack of a decent cross... never one of the greats. Which, to the despair of the unholy trinity, Morrissey is destined to be.

As with Jamie Oliver, he seems to be disproporiantely obsessed with these people. Anytime he starts one of his rants you can be sure that a) the Royal Family will turn up - even if the issue under discussion is nothing to do with them (he probably blames them if he burns his toast in the morning), and b) David Beckham and Jamie Oliver will be next to be mentioned. It's all rather baffling.

I think he spends far too much time sat in his hotel room reading trashy celebrity magazines.

He needs to direct his hatred at the real asshats of this world, instead of vacuous non-entities.

Beckham was a very average footballer at best with the knack of a decent cross... never one of the greats. Which, to the despair of the unholy trinity, Morrissey is destined to be.
but they put his name in a movie, and thus my love for Keira Knightley was born :p
anyways, as to to the why of Moz, we'll never know, I suppose :straightface:
however, in the absence of facts, except that sometimes I have an over active imagination :eek:
it seems that a long time ago I put down his insane obsession with Beckam down to something sexual in nature or violence related
I don't know what exactly, did not give it that much thought really, but here goes 2 possible ideas off the top of my head right now:

1. they were sharing an elevator ride together, just the two of them and somebody "shot the other one down" if you know what I mean :cool:
or
2. a young David Beckham reminds our Moz of some dude that beat him up way back when, something along those lines seems equally concievable to me :thumb:

Last edited:
Oh My God, It's Robby, please. Anything you "think" is "speculation" but even moreso because you are the one who "thought" it and I think the problem in in the hardware not the software. Even good info is going to get pretty glitchy by the time it goes through "the thought process." At best your thoughts are random and based on nothing so when you actually throw caution to the wind and speculate it is mainly interesting for the mental puzzle it creates. Can something be called meaningless when all points of reference are false, arbitrary, speculative, and pointless? Or within that context does the meaninglessness of the "thought" perfectly reflect it's condition devoid of all semantic puffery? Have we looked into the void?

Oh My God, It's Robby, please. Anything you "think" is "speculation" but even moreso because you are the one who "thought" it and I think the problem in in the hardware not the software. Even good info is going to get pretty glitchy by the time it goes through "the thought process." At best your thoughts are random and based on nothing so when you actually throw caution to the wind and speculate it is mainly interesting for the mental puzzle it creates. Can something be called meaningless when all points of reference are false, arbitrary, speculative, and pointless? Or within that context does the meaninglessness of the "thought" perfectly reflect it's condition devoid of all semantic puffery? Have we looked into the void?
huh_zps1c718f35.gif

ps:its not that hard to log in BrB :cool:

Last edited:
I remember Mozz saying how disgusted he was that Beckham did Burger King ads - he has been his target since. It's often like that with him - he hates the Royals partly due to the hunting, etc. On the other hand he only has nice things to say about the Mac Cartneys. His love for animals makes him say a lot of things that many cannot relate to.

I remember Mozz saying how disgusted he was that Beckham did Burger King ads - he has been his target since. It's often like that with him - he hates the Royals partly due to the hunting, etc. On the other hand he only has nice things to say about the Mac Cartneys. His love for animals makes him say a lot of things that many cannot relate to.

I did not know that. I think that is the reason, right there. Thanks.

Beckham did the Burger King ads last year, but Morrissey's been obsessed for longer than that.

Because David Beckham is a douche and so is his no talent, good for nothing piece of shit wife.
That seems a little harsh.
Do you think just because Moz says so?
He was a good footballer and appears to be quite a nice chap.
As for Posh, I can't see any grounds for dissing her. The Spice Girls were OK and she has carved out
a comfortable niche for herself in the fashion world and by managing hubby's post soccer career.
As for advertising meat, what about the voice used on Autobiography audio book?

Perhaps there are just people in public life we cannot abide. With me it's primarily Robbie Williams and Ed Balls, with Morrissey it's David Beckham and Jamie Oliver. I'm sure others have the same strong feelings for people they just know through the media. My Mum still hates Max Wall and the poor sod's been dead for more than twenty years.

It is possible though that Morrissey just reserves his real hatred for people born in May, 1975, east of Central London, within 35 miles of each other.

Russell Brand was lucky. 4th of June.

Because David Beckham is a douche and so is his no talent, good for nothing piece of shit wife.

I recommend The Class Of '92, a new documentary available on Amazon, or a torrent site near you. It's one of the greatest sporting documentaries I've ever seen, and, as you will know, covers the magnificent group of young players - including Beckham - who came through the Manchester United youth system, culminating in the Treble of 1999, which was completed in the last seconds of the Champions League final in the Nou Camp against Bayern München.

The last three minutes...

... Not the greatest quality, but has the added hilarity of a German commentary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps there are just people in public life we cannot abide. With me it's primarily Robbie Williams and Ed Balls, with Morrissey it's David Beckham and Jamie Oliver. I'm sure others have the same strong feelings for people they just know through the media. My Mum still hates Max Wall and the poor sod's been dead for more than twenty years.

It is possible though that Morrissey just reserves his real hatred for people born in May, 1975, east of Central London, within 35 miles of each other.

Russell Brand was lucky. 4th of June.

Ed Balls! What a name. :lbf:

Yeah, you make a good point. Certain celebrities just rub me the wrong way. I don't even know if I can articulate why. I never liked Jennifer Aniston, Tobey McGuire, or Elijah Wood. But, they may be wonderful people away from the camera.

Ed Balls! What a name. :lbf:

Yeah, you make a good point. Certain celebrities just rub me the wrong way. I don't even know if I can articulate why. I never liked Jennifer Aniston, Tobey McGuire, or Elijah Wood. But, they may be wonderful people away from the camera.

Imagine Prime Minister Balls. The politics of truth.

Tags
jealousmoz
Back
Top Bottom