Why the hell are any of us still here?

And what dammed fine poetry it is.

I hope you’ve recuperated from your ghastly venture to that shitty
London?

I think I’m now addicted to
Tunnocks tea cakes .
I have recovered, my bank balance hasn’t. Not a fan of tea cakes, very over rate, but there are worse things to be addicted to, I suppose.
Already looking forward to a few pay-day pints, a takeaway and writing some fine poetry on Friday night. I might even buy a fancy pen.

I have recovered, my bank balance hasn’t. Not a fan of tea cakes, very over rate, but there are worse things to be addicted to, I suppose.
Already looking forward to a few pay-day pints, a takeaway and writing some fine poetry on Friday night. I might even buy a fancy pen.
Ah.. monthly pay😤
Can’t come quick enough, between paying for bits of cars and having tooth’s riven out, this month has been all about giving other people money and myself living like a church mouse...

A fancy pen that doesn't cost so much is the Pentel Energel (0.7 tip). Several colors to choose from, and the ink cartridges are replaceable. This ball point pen glides well. Made in Japan.

I shall look forward to Friday night
And your iconic verse....

Ah.. monthly pay😤
Can’t come quick enough, between paying for bits of cars and having tooth’s riven out, this month has been all about giving other people money and myself living like a church mouse...
Yes, everyone seems to have their thieving, begging little hands out come payday. It’s enough to drive a man to benefit fraud.

Potty mouth

God knows, it's force of habit visiting here. Today is the first time I've looked at the forums for years. I miss the chat room of old (circa 2000). I still look at the main news every couple of weeks.

God knows, it's force of habit visiting here. Today is the first time I've looked at the forums for years. I miss the chat room of old (circa 2000). I still look at the main news every couple of weeks.
Me too. I’ve been coming here since 2004/5 and used to be a prolific poster. Haven’t posted regularly in probably 8 or 9 years. It was the Wild West in here back in the day. Ah, time. I remember so many from back then: Nugz, Buzzetta, math tinder, Corrissey, pregnant for the last time, zom, uncleskinny (when he still liked Moz, hah), kewpie, mr improper, let’s go devils, the more you ignore me!, him, whytegrrrl (who had a mysterious and apparently vicious abrupt falling out with someone in that camp), morrissey the 23rd (hugh clark I believe), goinghome (a gem), and so many others — what happened to all those people? I say again, oh sigh, time passing.

A lot of good memories with M shows, i think a bunch of you are twats but all of Morrissey fans are misfits. We are twats and misfits together and have stayed around

Me too. I’ve been coming here since 2004/5 and used to be a prolific poster. Haven’t posted regularly in probably 8 or 9 years. It was the Wild West in here back in the day. Ah, time. I remember so many from back then: Nugz, Buzzetta, math tinder, Corrissey, pregnant for the last time, zom, uncleskinny (when he still liked Moz, hah), kewpie, mr improper, let’s go devils, the more you ignore me!, him, whytegrrrl (who had a mysterious and apparently vicious abrupt falling out with someone in that camp), morrissey the 23rd (hugh clark I believe), goinghome (a gem), and so many others — what happened to all those people? I say again, oh sigh, time passing.
I remember a few of those names, even met a few of them on the tours back then. I was around more between 2000 - 2003/4, mainly in the old chat room. I miss the chat room, I preferred the real-time interaction and live, quickfire discussion format. I was never really bothered with the main forums. I think a lot of people vanished when the chatroom folded. I wish it was still there. But, yeah, looking back, almost 20 years has passed. Seems like yesterday :)

The Morrissey A-Z threads convinced me that there's still the potential to have engaging and (mostly) non-toxic discussion here... so I'm waiting for the Smiths A-Z threads to start.

Back
Top Bottom