Will Moz ever make Aussie again?

Stevie

Saw him on the '02 tour, somehow I doubt never again. Anyone here made it to any of those shows?

for your interest

Unfortunately for some reason the expected tour in January 2009 was dropped.

I'd like to remind you this thread

Last time Morrissey toured Japan was in 2002, my friends often travel to the UK to see his gigs.

Last edited:
I saw him here in '02. It was the most boring, sedate crowd I have witnessed at any show – ever.

Plus it was half empty. Do you think he'll return for that? Doubt it.

Which show did you go to? I saw him at the forum in melbourne and at whatever the name of that festival was in melbourne too and the crowd were pretty into it.

I go between extreme optimisim and hope and completely giving up on him coming back ... but the whole January 2009 left a bitter taste in my mouth, surely it isnt asking for much to explain why on his "official" site that it said he was coming only for it to never be mentioned again, if anything it shows a real lack of respect and even though he doesn't owe us anything, not mentioning it again just has the attitude of "oh well, who cares if they got their hopes up they'll just forget about it if we dont mention it again and they dont deserve an explanation" ... I don't even know what im saying, im just bitter haha

Thankfully I got to see him in Dublin in 2006

He'd bloody better. That bastard. I had planned to put my whole life on hold for his January tour. I had arranged a road trip with my mates to go to every show, we just needed the tickets to go on sale. But they never did...

Which show did you go to? I saw him at the forum in melbourne and at whatever the name of that festival was in melbourne too and the crowd were pretty into it.

Yeah I made it to "Hadalaide" (Mozism) :lbf: And have to admit the crowd were pretty subdued for me as well (WTF?). It was just I heard by all accounts he enjoyed the Aussie leg quite a bit and there was no reason to think he'd never be back again that's all. That was a long time ago though so who knows, he probably hates flying as it is. Needless to say IF this ever happens I will be making the trek over to Aus once again (hopefully) and of course this fair country. Thanks for that link Kewpie as well, however sad reading it made :(

Yeah I made it to "Hadalaide" (Mozism) :lbf: And have to admit the crowd were pretty subdued for me as well (WTF?). It was just I heard by all accounts he enjoyed the Aussie leg quite a bit and there was no reason to think he'd never be back again that's all. That was a long time ago though so who knows, he probably hates flying as it is. Needless to say IF this ever happens I will be making the trek over to Aus once again (hopefully) and of course this fair country. Thanks for that link Kewpie as well, however sad reading it made :(

I live in Adelaide and saw Morrissey here in 02 and don't agree that the crowd was subdued. Like at other concerts I've been to - the front few rows go crazy. I thought it was great.
Like you - I thought Morrissey had a good time in Australia and that is why I'm hopeful that he will come this way again. When I asked him in Killarney he didn't say "no" and he didn't say "yes" and Boz had very fond memories of Adelaide.

I live in Adelaide and saw Morrissey here in 02 and don't agree that the crowd was subdued. Like at other concerts I've been to - the front few rows go crazy. I thought it was great.
Like you - I thought Morrissey had a good time in Australia and that is why I'm hopeful that he will come this way again. When I asked him in Killarney he didn't say "no" and he didn't say "yes" and Boz had very fond memories of Adelaide.

That's awesome to know you guys up the front were into it. Unfortunately I was late and only got a balcony view so I probably got a false impression. It was a great show all the same, just a different experience.

It was in Perth. Then again, I was comparing it to the only other gig I had seen (10 years prior to that in NYC) which was sheer hysteria. Musically and sound-wise it was faultless. I just felt the majority of people there that night just sauntered up because there was nothing else going on.

"Oh yeah. Morrissey, you know from the smiths... remember? Yeah he's still around. Should we go along and have a laugh?"

:straightface:

It was in Perth. Then again, I was comparing it to the only other gig I had seen (10 years prior to that in NYC) which was sheer hysteria. Musically and sound-wise it was faultless. I just felt the majority of people there that night just sauntered up because there was nothing else going on.

"Oh yeah. Morrissey, you know from the smiths... remember? Yeah he's still around. Should we go along and have a laugh?"

:straightface:

Oh man :(

It probably depends on whether any promoters there think they can make money on a Morrissey tour. My guess is they don't.

I saw him here in '02. It was the most boring, sedate crowd I have witnessed at any show – ever.

Plus it was half empty. Do you think he'll return for that? Doubt it.

Well it couldn't have been the Sydney show at the Enmore theater because that was sold out and the crowd seemed to have a great time!

I love another thread where Aussies get to whinge about missing out :D

Hope MORRISSEY can drop by Singapore too. :rolleyes:

cheers!

mbr.

The thing is, Moz may not be a big name here, but if he came you know he'd still sell out a place like the forum in melbourne which is 1500-2000 and that's probably the same in sydney, and maybe a some 500 size places in other cities and im sure it'd still be worth it for him

I know hordes of people in NZ who said they'd go to see him, and who I believe really would. And many of them aren't even big fans, and even though NZ is small I know hardly anyone. We could definitely fill a few town halls. Try it, Moz. You'll be very happy. And we're always ever so grateful for anyone who'll deign to come down to see us.

Back
Top Bottom