Win Mike Joyce's Queen Is Dead Platinum Disc

Raising money for the Back On Track charity

full

Excerpt:

A message from Mike:
"Hi folks, I’d like to invite you to be in with a chance of owning a unique piece of music memorabilia whilst also helping a charity I am involved with. I’ve been working with Back on Track for the last few years and I’m taking this opportunity to try and generate some much needed funding for the people they support in Manchester. Every penny that is raised from this venture will go towards the fantastic work that the charity does.

So here’s the story... I’ve been invited By Tim Burgess to play 'The Queen is Dead’ in its entirety at his now infamous Listening Parties and that was the catalyst to attempt to raise some money to coincide with the event.

The platinum disc was presented to me by Warner’s Music. It’s an extremely rare piece of music memorabilia and as such, it’s virtually impossible to quantify what it’s worth as this is the very first time such a unique item has ever been offered to the public, and it could be yours…for just £5!

I decided that it would be a better idea to have a raffle rather than an auction as it means that everyone who buys a ticket has a chance of owning it. Of course you can buy as many tickets as you wish and you just need to make a donation on this page. I can sign the disc to the winner and it will come with a signed letter of authenticity. Good Luck folks, and many thanks for helping."

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike wasn't crap, he just never had the professional drive that most muscians do -The Smiths made him enough money to live off and that was all he seemed to want. Andy's post-Smiths career has been the real tragedy. So many great basslines and then he settles out of court for a paltry amount, ends up bankrupt, scrapes by as an Internet DJ.

“scrapes by”
And what sort of money do you earn, Amy? Come on, don’t be shy.

“scrapes by”
And what sort of money do you earn, Amy? Come on, don’t be shy.

Nice digression there. Since I'm not famous and never will be, I don't see how my salary adds to this discussion - but I've never been chased by HMRC and then declared bankrupt, that's for sure. To end up in that situation, having been famous and lived the life that went with it, is sad & is less than what Andy deserved.

Nice digression there. Since I'm not famous and never will be, I don't see how my salary adds to this discussion - but I've never been chased by HMRC and then declared bankrupt, that's for sure. To end up in that situation, having been famous and lived the life that went with it, is sad & is less than what Andy deserved.

And why is it “less than he deserves”?
Because he played bass in a band?

And why is it “less than he deserves”?
Because he played bass in a band?

Because Mike (whose contribution to the Smiths was not greater than Andy's) eventually won his 25% share of recording royalties, estimated at £1m in back payments. Andy should have received the same share but he was desperate and took £83k out-of-court instead, which he spent in two years. That's why he got less than he deserved.

Because Mike (whose contribution to the Smiths was not greater than Andy's) eventually won his 25% share of recording royalties, estimated at £1m in back payments. Andy should have received the same share but he was desperate and took £83k out-of-court instead, which he spent in two years. That's why he got less than he deserved.

your argument is fraught and doesn’t stand up. You know little (other the what is in print) but don’t let that stop you.....as usual.

i am trying to ignore you purely because i dont tend to engage with people of such limited intelligence. The piece in question is from Rhino the label all Smiths records are now distributed by. The disc in question is genuine .. i know as ive had around 50 commissioned for other bands in my time at labels. i could even tell you the company that made it..
but you show your real stupidity by continuing to talk about outbidding .. do you understand how a raffle works ? im assuming not..

Apart from a couple of posters, everyone else ignores the silly twat, he’s just a troll who has no friends so he spends his time posting garbage on here. I don’t think he realises that most people have him on ignore, in effect he his literally talking to himself. If you put him on ignore you will only see his posts when someone responds to him which s about once every 2 weeks😂

your argument is fraught and doesn’t stand up. You know little (other the what is in print) but don’t let that stop you.....as usual.

Then say why, instead of asking bizarre, personal, off-topic questions about my salary and circumstances. You take issue with the idea that Andy doesn't earn much (why does it matter to you?), then you point out that he just 'played bass in a band' anyway so what could he expect. What's your argument? You're winking and nodding and not saying much at all.

Then say why, instead of asking bizarre, personal, off-topic questions about my salary and circumstances. You take issue with the idea that Andy doesn't earn much (why does it matter to you?), then you point out that he just 'played bass in a band' anyway so what could he expect. What's your argument? You're winking and nodding and not saying much at all.

I think someone needs to get out and get a shag. Maybe. Just maybe.;):rabbitface:

Apart from a couple of posters, everyone else ignores the silly twat, he’s just a troll who has no friends so he spends his time posting garbage on here. I don’t think he realises that most people have him on ignore, in effect he his literally talking to himself. If you put him on ignore you will only see his posts when someone responds to him which s about once every 2 weeks😂

and. He isn’t Croatian.:crazy::thumb:

i am trying to ignore you purely because i dont tend to engage with people of such limited intelligence. The piece in question is from Rhino the label all Smiths records are now distributed by. The disc in question is genuine .. i know as ive had around 50 commissioned for other bands in my time at labels. i could even tell you the company that made it..
but you show your real stupidity by continuing to talk about outbidding .. do you understand how a raffle works ? im assuming not..

Flathead, you are free to ignore me like 'surface' does, by replying regularly and having me as your sig 🤒 that way you can be 'surface stupid' and ignore me by mentioning me in every post.🤒

now this piece you are auctioning has never been submitted to public inspection to verify its authenticity as is common with legitimate items.:(
skinnys ok as an expert on you does not suffice since if you told him to jump off a cliff hed already be taking a running start carrying 'surface' seated around his chubby neck:blushing:

who are you pretending to be FH? The rhino from rhino records? commissioning cheap knock offs for the likes of hooky, lepew and the annoying twats, sparks?(n)

man up and refund Moz all the money you siphoned off him FFs and find a job:mad:

and. He isn’t Croatian.:crazy::thumb:

FH dont get taffy 🤒
whats this all about? has DH Andy hit you for a loan?:rolleyes:
Mammia that would like burning the money(n)
slide him over to :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: he may coming into money if :snail: can come with the 16 k for the
broke down apparatus he is selling:)

Not all bands share performance royalties split equally, some do which is more harmonious. However, with the Smiths, the workload was not equal. The 40% that Morrissey and Marr got was worth it for the extra work they put in. That it was not captured in writing was the tragedy.

Morrissey conceived and worked on those exquisite records covers. Johnny arranged, produced and took on managerial duties. That was covered in that 40%. No one is saying Andy and Mike didn't work hard, but M and M did so much more than just show up and play their parts on the records and on stage.
Thanks for explaining this. *ROLLS EYES*

Not all bands share performance royalties split equally, some do which is more harmonious. However, with the Smiths, the workload was not equal. The 40% that Morrissey and Marr got was worth it for the extra work they put in. That it was not captured in writing was the tragedy.

Morrissey conceived and worked on those exquisite records covers. Johnny arranged, produced and took on managerial duties. That was covered in that 40%. No one is saying Andy and Mike didn't work hard, but M and M did so much more than just show up and play their parts on the records and on stage.
Funny how a judge, and then another one on appeal didn't agree with your analysis. I'd say you've got a great future in law.

FH MIKE LISTEN UP TO THIS: REFUND MOZ THE MONEY YOU SIPHONED OFF :censored:
WHEN WILL YOU EVER HAVE A JOB???:censored:

:unsure:

Flathead, you are the 'patron and friend' of this apparent 'charity'.? YIKES FH!:rolleyes:
'to help the peeps' in Manchester!?! WTF? this wouldnt be you FH? can we see and examine the figures to see who and how much was lifted?🤒

is skinny under a log in going to win the auction FH?:mad:

The raffle for Mike Joyce's genuine from Rhino Records platinum disc for the Queen is Dead album has now raised over £14000 from genuine fans of the band, for a great charity in Manchester .. The raffle means the disc will end up in the hands of a genuine fan rather than auctioning it off to the highest bidder . The raffle ends on 13th September . https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/queenisdeadplatinumdisc

The raffle for Mike Joyce's genuine from Rhino Records platinum disc for the Queen is Dead album has now raised over £14000 from genuine fans of the band, for a great charity in Manchester .. The raffle means the disc will end up in the hands of a genuine fan rather than auctioning it off to the highest bidder . The raffle ends on 13th September . https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/queenisdeadplatinumdisc

:rolleyes:

genuine gumboots.

ANYWAYS PEOPLE PLEASE FILE IN AND TAKE YOUR SEAT WE WILL NOW PICK OUT THE WINNING TICKET FROM THE SHOE BOX. HERE TO DO THE PICKING IS......YES YOU GUESSED RIGHT...SKINNY, FH MIKE WILL HOLD THE BOX AND SKINNY WILL PICK OUT THE WINNING TICKET.....

o_O DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....🥁🥁
(much mystery and excitement... who will be the winner?🎯)

AND THE WINNER IS .......SKINNY!!!!:dizzy:

WAIT, THERE HAS BEEN AN ERROR IN READING THE WINNING NUMBER, A TECHNICAL DIFFICULITY THE PAPER WAS UPSIDE DOWN......

THE WINNER IS SURFACE.

:blush:

will the winner be selected in a transparent non FH Mike manner live on FB video? 🤒
or will the winner be picked in a FH Mike cluster secret manner?:blushing:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom