World Peace Is None of Your Business

Bluebirds

As performed last night. Seems like voting supports the process and some gubbins about Bahrain.

I swear there's a didgeridoo in the intro backing music too.

Obviously not an accurate depiction as Jesse Tobias decides to do a leaden guitar solo which is too high in the mix which hopefully won't be so prominent on the studio version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant. Thank you.

Brilliant. Thank you.

Irregular Regular has posted the other new songs on the San Jose thread, third page down.

Mods as this is allegedly the debut performance of his new single I believe it should be classed as news.

Was the studio outtake posted t'other day a hoax by the way? Didn't listen to it as not interested in demo versions of songs whether they be correct or not

Last edited:
There is a link to "The Bullfighter Dies" on Youtube from that video too, which for me is a very catchy, short track with a guitar line that is far more Johnny Marr/Viva Hate era than any of his songs have been for a long time. Great stuff!

(After Yes I Am Blind)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex1TY9jGY7A

What is with that terrible intro? Maybe they just performed it bad or the recording is bad, but those drums are all over the place. It just randomly starts.

What is with that terrible intro? Maybe they just performed it bad or the recording is bad, but those drums are all over the place. It just randomly starts.

We'll soon find out Davie. I wouldn't put it past his band to have just f***ed it up though.

Fantastic. I can only really make out the words to World Peace, but there's no doubt that the dramatic songwriting slump since the last album is at an end. These songs have "success" written all over them.

The title track is pretty dull. Bullfighter is a little better but not much so. Maybe they're growers. I'm glad he's doing new stuff but this material would, at best, have made b-side status ten years ago, and fifteen years ago been shelved completely.

"The police will stun you with their...wait for it...stun guns."

(Not to be confused with the separate line about tasers.)

I'm curious, can anyone tell (or can anyone who was there say) what Boz is playing during this song? It almost looks like he's playing some sort of small keyboard or synthesizer, but that surely can't be right?

Boz was playing some kind of small keyboard. It was comical to watch a relatively large man plunking on such a tiny instrument. The beginning of WPINOYB was messed up because the keyboard malfunctioned for a bit. It will be interesting to hear a better intro soon.

Fantastic. I can only really make out the words to World Peace, but there's no doubt that the dramatic songwriting slump since the last album is at an end. These songs have "success" written all over them.

if success is written all over these songs, then i do not understand the language.

Awful. I couldn't even sit through the entire song. I guess there is a first time for everything. Oh I take that back, there was Papa Jack.

i wonder how nobody felt/noticed freshness in his singing/new songs? for me, it's obvious!!!!

p.s. apologies

Back
Top Bottom