worst/happiest/disappointed/surprising/feelings or moments

miryam_moz85

MiryamLoopDeLi
hi guys..I'm not a fan of moz as long as much of you were,yet..so i haven't got tooo much experiences with moz and his area...therefore i would like to hear your most

1. worst
2. happiest
3. disappointed
4. surprising

experiences..moments or feelings you had with moz..or about moz..:eek:
for myself i have some but not too many..very rare..true speaking:D
So if you have the time and you don't mind pleasee share your ,thing' with or about moz;)...take all of them or pick one out..it doesn't matter..so i will have a bath now..hope anyone replies:eek:

worst - isle of wight festival non appearance
happiest - seeing him live
disappointed - see worst
surprising - when he rode an elephant through my back garden, naked. maybe that never happened

Worst. When all the crap with the N*E (swear word) first time round about him being racist. Just horrible to see such a good person vilified so unfairly.

Happiest. When i rushed the stage in Glasgow in 95 and he hugged me (god, i'm too old for this) and i felt a spark of joy. In 2002 at the Barrowlands he played 'There is a light...' live and it's the first time i've heard it live ever, so that was very special.

Disappointed. When The Smiths didn't reform and take over. It would be brilliant to see him work with Marr again.

Surprising. When he played Move in 2004 and everyone in the crowd sang every word back in his face. Yes, the elephant thing also.....he ruined a perfectly good Greenhouse of mine...:)

1. worst: Almost being barred entry to a show for wearing steel toed Docs.

2. happiest: making it on stage at Apollo NYC show '04.

3. disappointing: Radio City show that same year, asshole security, tallest guy on earth standing in front of me, half full venue.

4. Surprising. Hearing Girl Least Likely To played at the Paramount, NYC 1992.

1. Worst: None
2. happiest: What went down in St.Louis, I'll never forget.
3. disappointed: None yet.
4. surprising: KY boot.

1. Worst: NME / Mike Joyce
2. happiest: the concert in berlin 2006
3. disappointed: None yet.
4. surprising: that he'S still alive after 2 year's touring..man..that's tough..never thought that:eek:;)

Worst: Isle of Wight fiasco 2005
Happiest: hearing "Now My Heart Is Full" at the Brussels gig last year
Disappointing: ousting of KY, i really like her
Surprising: getting a handshake in Manchester last year

-crsp-

Worst: Moz walks off after 7 songs due to illness, Boston, MA, USA, June '07.
Happiest: I hold Moz's hand for the first time, 07/07/07.
Disappointing: Moz suggests Madonna would skin her child and wear him as a coat.
Surprising: Moz adds "London" to the set list, 2007.

--jeniphir

1. worst- Moz walks off after 7 songs due to illness, Boston, MA, USA, June '07.

2. happiest- Hugging him on may 3, 1994 in Boston
img190.jpg2.jpg

3. disappointed- none yet

4. surprising- that the Boston show from June 26, 2007 was made up on July 7, 2007

Last edited:
1 - Worst when he cancelled the first show I was going to attend in about ten years - June 29th at the Mann Center in Philly. I was partying for a good four days in AC and took the train leaving my friends expecting to see a concert. I returned and when asked how it was I was forced to say... What concert?

2 - Happiest - easy 11/91 at the Nassau Coliseum - not because it was Morrissey but because it was the first concert that I ever went to. I was a junior in high school.

3 - Disappointed - Still have not seen "There is a Light" "What She Said" "Queen Is Dead" or a couple of others live. Actually the only disappointment I honestly have is that the sets are too short. I really do not want to hear justifications or complaints that I mention this. I am used to / spoiled in seeing groups go on for a solid two hours. It was why I had not seen him since 97 when the shows would last just under an hour. IE Central Park Summerstage and slightly over Hammerstein 97. Moz... throw in a few more songs and up the shows to at least 1:45.

4 - Surprising - October 22nd and 23rd of this year at the Hammerstein. It was nice to see that he could still sing since it had been roughtly 9 years and 11 months since I had last seen him live.

1. worst- not getting tickets on the UK Ringleader tour.
2. happiest- getting my roundhouse tickets.
3. disappointed- I like the live version best.
4. surprising- he is still going. I think in the 80's most people would of said he wouldn't survive the 90's.

1. Worst - When the London Residency was announced and it looked like there would be no more UK gigs - and I couldn't justify a trip to London on the year of our wedding.

2 Happiest - Seeing him twice in 2006 and getting a funny/fierce look off him during HSIN

3 Dissapointing - reviewing the Setlist for the gigs I'd been to and realising I was there for My Life Is A Succession Of People Saying Goodbye, Trouble Loves Me, Dissapointed, Ganglord and I've Changed My Plea To Guilty when I didn't even know them at the time.

4. Surprising - the whole obsession that's taken over me to be honest. I've followed bands/artists before and do tend to listen them to death before moving on but this one seems to have stuck and I don't know WHY

Disappointing: Moz suggests Madonna would skin her child and wear him as a coat.

--jeniphir

Whaa? That was very funny and possibly even true :)

Worst - Meeting Moz and not being able to speak. Or Battersea, see below.
Happiest - Seeing him live all over the world except for Battersea Power Station. Awful, awful gig.
Disappointing - When he cancelled the first Glasgow show in 91. WOuld have been my first concert.
Surprising - Oxford speech re scientists. Great stuff...

Happiest - Seeing him live all over the world except for Battersea Power Station. Awful, awful gig.

tell alittle bit more if you like why was the gig so awful?
and you couldnt say a thing when you standing in front of him?

tell alittle bit more if you like why was the gig so awful?
and you couldnt say a thing when you standing in front of him?

Gig was awful. WHen was it? Boy racer era I think. I cant remember but he was wearing a very bad brown suit (jacket 2 sizes too small, trousers 2 sizes too big), hair very short and seemed very aggressive and nasty as if he was on drugs or something. He was coming across more like Liam Gallagher than our Moz and kept on sticking up 2 fingers at the front row. Just weird and not very Morrissey....
And me not being able to speak, well I got the chance but I couldnt physically talk. Could not say a word. All I wanted was a hug but I couldnt move or speak and I havent had another chance since so I'll always regret that!

Worst-
When he cancelled the MSG and PNC shows this past summer and, being as pessimistic as I can be, assumed that he was not going to bother to reschedule any gigs for my area.

Happiest-
A 3 way tie between meeting and hugging the man at Tower Records in 94, a 10 second moment of eye contact on the first night of his Hammerstein shows while he was singing 'Why Don't You Find OUt For Yourself' and hearing the opening chords of 'Interesting Drug' begin to play on the final night of the Hammerstein gigs.

Surprising-
The fact that he has comeback with such a vengeance. I wouldn't have predicted him touring as much as he has in the past 3 years. I've been able to see Moz more in that small period of time than in the 10 years before that. Plus, the fact that he actually sounds better than ever.

Disappointing-
When he cancelled the first show I was going to see him at..Carnegie Hall back in 1994. I didn't get to see him after that until 3 years later. I also need to agree with Buzzetta...I used to hate the 55 minute sets and thought it was bullshit. My first concert was in 1997 and it was over before it even began. You'd wait for months for the day of the concert to come and it'd be over in like 13 songs! I'm so happy he's lengthened his sets in recent years.

1. worst - can't think of a worst
2. happiest - seeing him in Pasadena this year, because I hadn't seen him in a long time, and the show was great. Very happy.
3. disappointed - a show I wanted to see disappeared from the schedule on the Quarry tour.
4. surprising - I guess I was surprised at Hollywood Bowl. He played a long show and it was really great.

worst Seeing him break up while singing Please Let Me Have Who I Want.
happiest There are too many to mention. Seriously.
disappointedest Following some of the "out of the way" shows in seemingly nonexistent venues.
surprisest The realization in the wee hours of February 2 that my dreams might come true.

worst: 5/15/07 Chgo Auditorium -unnecssary roughness after foiled stage invade: manhandled, threatened, bruised and pushed all the way out of the venue

happiest: Seeing him perform for the first time in 1991
happier: 10/20/07 Merillville -Being the closest to him ever and FINALLY touching the hands of Moz after all these years *sigh*

disappointed: 1997 -Missing his Chicago stop on the Maladjusted tour because I was getting married that day :mad: :p srsly :(

surprising: 10/20/07 M'ville -being handed the mic (regardless of what I said).

Also, surprising...but 'not'...Morrissey's star and staying power. Still singing songs to save our lives -he has us eating out of the palm of his hand :)

Last edited:
]disappointed: 1997 -Missing his Chicago stop on the Maladjusted tour because I was getting married that day :mad: :p srsly :(

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You let something like that stop you from seeing Moz?

Seriously, though, weren't there only two Chicago dates in 1997? I was at the Riviera one, where he was so sick that he stopped after a dozen or so songs. One of the worst concerts I've ever seen; you didn't miss anything.

Back
Top Bottom