Worst Morrissey song?

R

russ t

What does everyone think is the worst song he's recorded?

My money's on 'The Teacher s are afraid....' (possibly his most self indulgent, structureless mess of a record) ,'Dagenham Dave' and 'Southpaw'.

lay off that whole album...it is growing wearisome. Have you lstened to it more than half a spin? Give it a shot.

Southpaw....

I have, really, but I really don't like it.... even the cover looks like a tacky bootleg, just thrown together. And the sprawling, aimless first and last tracks are unspeakably bad....

But it's certainly 100% better than Maladjusted....

> lay off that whole album...it is growing wearisome. Have you
> lstened to it more than half a spin? Give it a shot.

Re: Ambitious Outsiders is a great song, what's wrong with you!

Re: Used to be a sweet boy

You sure?

'Used to be a sweet boy' is no classic, but christ 'You're the one for me fatty' has to be way worse. Actually I quite like it, it has a nice gentle singalong quality. And it's on 'Vauxhall..' which is a truely sublime album.

Re: Ambitious Outsiders is a great song, what's wrong with you!

Ambitious Outsiders if by far the worst Morrissey song in my opinion. Some of the lyrics and rhymes are horrible. And the music sounds like a reject Depeche Mode song.

Re: Oh, NO!!

> My money's on 'The Teacher s are afraid....' (possibly his most
> self indulgent, structureless mess of a record)

That is the best track on Southpaw Grammar! I love every line of that song. His voice is beautiful, and the music is just great.

Re: Ambitious Outsiders

I can respect your opinion, but I find it one of his best later works. Listen to it from a gay person's point of view and you may discover a whole new meaning behind it.

I find 'Get off the Stage' to be one of his most repellant...and dare I say prophetic?

> Ambitious Outsiders if by far the worst Morrissey song in my
> opinion. Some of the lyrics and rhymes are horrible. And the
> music sounds like a reject Depeche Mode song.

Re: Used to be a sweet boy

Hmm. I don't really like black-eyed susan(only cool for the first 30 seconds)and I almost always skip over papa jack. Moon River rendition is just a bit too long for me. This is Not Your Country doesn't really do it for me either. I like almost all his songs but these are the ones I either just skip or get bored of pretty quick.

Re: Oh, NO!!

> That is the best track on Southpaw Grammar! I love every line of
> that song. His voice is beautiful, and the music is just great.

I like southpaw the best. But almost all of them are good. Reader meet author is great too.

Back
Top Bottom