would you like morrissey if he wasnt famous

smiffy

dont leave us in the dark
if you met the guy down the pub (bar for our american friends) and he wasnt a singer/poet/changer or saver of lives, or lets face it, an entertainer (pop star), what would you think of him?

I think if i was introduced to him through a mutual friend then i'd happily talk to him and i think i'd get on quite well with him despite the age gap. If the convo got on to old t.v programs and old British film (carry on, Norman wisdom, Confession films) then i think we'd have a a lot to talk about. In general i find it quite hard to talk to people my age about these things as people my age(20) dont really know who Robin Askwith or Bernard Bresslaw are, but older people do

If he were in one of his better moods and we ended up talking about Who We Really Are Inside, then I'm certain I'd love him. From what I know of who he is, he's my kind of people.

If he were in one of his better moods and we ended up talking about Who We Really Are Inside, then I'm certain I'd love him. From what I know of who he is, he's my kind of people.

if you were to really talk about 'who we really are' i would have to assume you had met him in the bar 16 hours earlier, devoured a lot of beer and started on the top shelf............

if you were to really talk about 'who we really are' i would have to assume you had met him in the bar 16 hours earlier, devoured a lot of beer and started on the top shelf............

Probably so... Though without the fame I'm sure he'd revert back to his confessional nature. Remember how he talked and talked and talked back in the old days?

I'd think he was cute and I'd be drawn by his shyness, but I'd be too shy to strike up a conversation. I'd just sit and stare at him, then leave sad because he didn't talk to me.

I'd think he was cute and I'd be drawn by his shyness, but I'd be too shy to strike up a conversation. I'd just sit and stare at him, then leave sad because he didn't talk to me.

would you be more dissapointed because he didnt speak to you or because dare not speak to him?

He's not really the type of person I would normally gravitate to. That's why as a singer he draws me in. It's the weirdness. Back in the Smiths days, when he was openly avoiding sex and all that. It's his oddness that makes him interesting. But as just a random bloke in a bar, I'd keep my distnace.

I might be a little creeped out just because he's 50 and I'm 23, and it might be a little weird if he was just some random 50 year old approaching me in a bar/pub.

Yes!He is gorgeous and very intelligent and charismatic.

I think the question should be ''would you give Morrissey the time of day if he wasn't famous''.
It cracks me up when reading posts on here when people describe Morrissey as gorgeous.
Morrissey has never been gorgeous, he has always looked the geek, the awkward (I know that is spelt wrong) kid at the back of the class that everyone took the piss out of. The bloke at work that you didn't want to invite to your leaving / birthday party.
If only people could be more honest.....

Edit: Actually..... looking back on early solo pictures, there was a period of time when (he must have been advised) he was deemed as ''attractive'', but certainly not since the mid 90's. And that is not a criticism, I mean, the bloke is 50 now. Obviously, myself being almost 47 am an exception to that rule, but that's not Morrissey's fault, is it:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
I think the question should be ''would you give Morrissey the time of day if he wasn't famous''.
It cracks me up when reading posts on here when people describe Morrissey as gorgeous.
Morrissey has never been gorgeous, he has always looked the geek, the awkward (I know that is spelt wrong) kid at the back of the class that everyone took the piss out of. The bloke at work that you didn't want to invite to your leaving / birthday party.

Edit: Actually..... looking back on early solo pictures, there was a period of time when (he must have been advised) he was deemed as ''attractive'', but certainly not since the mid 90's. And that is not a criticism, I mean, the bloke is 50 now. Obviously, myself being almost 47 am an exception to that rule, but that's not Morrissey's fault, is it:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

So... People who disagree with you are being dishonest?

Wow.

So... People who disagree with you are being dishonest?

Wow.

If that is your interpretation then that is your lookout.

What I am saying is, there is a bloke sat on his own in the corner of the pub.... he looks a right geek. Would you go up and talk to him?
The chances are you would avoid him at all costs.
Yet people say ''oh yes, i think I would''
The bloke is 50 and we have people here in their 20's (male and female) saying that they would approach him. It's just not (to me) realistic.

Everyday I get the bus to work. people getting on the bus spend the entire journey trying not to sit next to anyone or strike up a converstaion with anyone. Yet people here would strike up a conversation with Morrissey if he wasn't famous or they didn't know him.
Stranger danger alert.

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
If that is your interpretation then that is your lookout.

What I am saying is, there is a bloke sat on his own in the corner of the pub.... he looks a right geek. Would you go up and talk to him?
The chances are you would avoid him at all costs.
Yet people say ''oh yes, i think I would''

Everyday I get the bus to work. people getting on the bus spend the entire journey trying not to sit next to anyone or strile up a converstaion with anyone. Yet people here would strike up a conversation with Morrissey if he wasn't famous or they didn't know him.
Stranger danger alert.

Jukebox Jury
He doesn't look like a geek at all. You've said that people need to "be more honest" about his looks. Morrissey is very handsome to me. HONEST. And it's not just me. You're opinion seems to be the strange one, to be honest. Even friends of mine who aren't interested in his music have to confess that he's very attractive. "Hot" is the word most often used.

So, if that's not what you intended to say then why the bit about people needing to be more honest? It looks for all the world like you're saying that your opinion is the only honest one because to you he looks like a geek.

Hahaha. This is funny, really. He's no geek. He's very cool looking. TO ME. ... Honest.

Oh, and that stranger danger thing? That's not how it goes in America. The English seem much more likely to keep to themselves in public.

I'm not sure how to answer this. Depending on what year it was, I'd admire his quiff, jawline and sideburns... and be told, "It's not nice to stare." :o:D

I might be a little creeped out just because he's 50 and I'm 23, and it might be a little weird if he was just some random 50 year old approaching me in a bar/pub.

Throw him my way. :thumb:

I'd give him the time, but would ask if he wanted US or UK time. I'm wearing two watches.

His geeky awkwardness is gorgeous. That's my favorite Moz. I am...just being honest.

Back
Top Bottom