YouGov Prove Radiohead Fans Are Boring, Morrissey Fans Are Earnest Vegetarians, and Old Women

Belligerent Ghoul

Hall of Famer
http://noisey.vice.com/blog/yougovs-new-social-tool-is-creepy
YouGov Prove That Radiohead Fans Are Boring, Morrissey Fans Are Earnest Vegetarians, and Old Women Love Kasabian
by Joe Zadeh, Noisey Vice

excerpt:

ehgda9.jpg

Meat is murder etc. etc., and it seems that Morrissey fans are happy to follow their dour overlord into a life of being a nuisance at dinner parties and unwanted flatulence. They rank vegetarian sausage rolls, vegetarian haggis, and satay tofu as their top foods. They also cement their status as people you’d least want to hang out with, describing themselves as misanthropic, alternative types who prefer Fanta to Coke and part with their cash on Indie GoGo, presumably so they can support start-up cradle-to-grave llama farms.

Re: YouGov Prove Radiohead Fans Are Boring, Morrissey Fans Are Earnest Vegetarians, and Old Women...

I do want a cradle-to-grave llama farm.

Re: YouGov Prove Radiohead Fans Are Boring, Morrissey Fans Are Earnest Vegetarians, and Old Women...

Morrissey fans are happy to follow their dour overlord into a life of being a nuisance at dinner parties and unwanted flatulence.

Is there such a thing as wanted flatulence?

Horseshit. I am an earnest vegetarian, I love Radiohead, and I hate Kasabian.

P.

"a life of being a nuisance at dinner parties" so so true.

yes there is wanted flatulence. its wanted by tweleve year old boys and the men they never grow into.

chickpea, you are obviously not a silverchair fan (first single tomorrow is twenty years old a couple months ago. recorded when he was 15

Horseshit. I am an earnest vegetarian, I love Radiohead, and I hate Kasabian.

P.

by the definitions set forth in the article, you are an Earnest Vegetarian (Moz fan), Boring (Radiohead fan) and not an old woman (Kasbian fan)

YouGov now has a profiler which shows the demographics and taste of Morrissey fans.

https://yougov.co.uk/profiler#/Morrissey/demographics

According to this, Morrissey fans are mostly:

Male. 40-59 years of age.
Reside in Yorkshire, Midlands or Central Scotland
Skew to the left politically.

Favourite dishes: Vegetarian Sausage Rolls, Vegetarian Haggis, Satay Tofu, Vegetable Korma....
Hobbies: Listening to music, watching live music, playing an instrument...
Favourite sports: Football, Boxing...
Interests: Music, Radio, Politics...
Most likely pet: Cat...
Describes themselves as: alternative, imaginative and clever. But also: misanthropic, apathetic and withdrawn...
Shops at: Ocado
Clothing: Paul Smith, Vivienne Westwood, Berghaus
Most likely car: Volkswagen
Favourite movies: A Clockwork Orange, Withnail and I....
Favourite celebrities: Louis Theroux, John Peel, Jeff Bridges...
Read: The Guardian and the NME...

There's a lot more data I haven't covered, but you get the general idea.

The following artists and their fanbases are profiled here: Lana Del Rey; Cliff Richard; Morrissey; Drake; Oasis; Blur; Radiohead; Kasbian

I agree completely with this:

Oasis vs. Blur was about politics and class

The stats suggest that the 90s “Battle of Britpop” didn’t just boil down to whether you preferred Damon Albarn’s coiffed fringe over Liam’s wanker swagger. It represented opposites throughout your entire way of life. The archetype Oasis fan—according to YouGov—is a right-leaning, tabloid reader, who works in construction, gorges chocolate fudge pudding, and watches Family Guy. Whereas model Blur fans are London based office workers who lean left, read The Guardian, and play Scrabble. Worth noting that Blur fans second most favored band is Pulp, whereas the second most popular band amongst Oasis fans? Blur.

Best part is not the article but the profiler. Like P. (Skinny) said in Off-Topic, you can profile just about anything.

Back
Top Bottom