Your favourite album of 2010

1. The Drums - self titled
2. The Courteeners - Falcon
3. Eminem - Recovery

And a very likely top 3 candidate for 2011...

Chapel Club - Palace

WriteAboutLove_Online-Cover.jpg

Certainly B&S' write about love. I saw someone asking about Bona Drag, but I don't believe it can be listed here, yet it's a tr-issue and not a new album.

1. The Drums - self titled
2. The Courteeners - Falcon
3. Eminem - Recovery

And a very likely top 3 candidate for 2011...

Chapel Club - Palace

Agree with Recovery - my favourite album of the year :thumb:
I dont like The Drums though, and that front man is awful
Courteeners are alright but a bit dull

I've decided on my top 5 studio albums of 2010, they are:

1. 'High Violet' by the National
2. 'The Suburbs' by Arcade Fire
3. 'Interpol' by Interpol
4. 'Grinderman 2' by Grinderman
5. 'Le Noise' by Neil Young

"I Didn't See It Coming" is my favorite single of the year, but I haven't heard the album.

2010 is hard to judge by albums. I liked a lot of songs, not so many albums. I suppose my favorites were Crystal Castles II and Vampire Weekend's "Contra".

Aaprt from Shane Ward's comeback album I have to go for

The National - High Violet
Laura Marling - I Speak Because I Can
Deerhunter - Halcyon Digest
Janelle Monae - The ArchAndroid
LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening
Gorillaz -Plastic Beach
The Fall - Your Future, Our Clutter

Been quite a decent year for music imho.

2 really stand out for me.

The Gracious Few's debut self titled album. They are the make up of the fallout of American rock bands Live and Candlebox ... 3 members of Live got sick of the last few years being treated like a backing band to a solo lead singer after making 4 amazing albums in the 90s together broke away and joined 2 members of Candlebox .. the result is a stunning throw back to a mix of somewhere between 70s Rock like Led Zeppelin, 90s Grunge and some Delta or Swamp blues thrown in.

The other big one was another someone mentioned but Grinderman 2 by Grinderman .. absolutely psyched to see them next month, i keep missing Nick Cave every time he tours so i'll finally get to see him!

Last edited by a moderator:
"I Didn't See It Coming" is my favorite single of the year, but I haven't heard the album.

2010 is hard to judge by albums. I liked a lot of songs, not so many albums. I suppose my favorites were Crystal Castles II and Vampire Weekend's "Contra".

I forgot about "Contra." That was a good album.

A lot of people are commending the new Belle and Sebastian record. It's interesting, I'm only just getting into them and it was the first album I actually sat down and listened to, having only heard odds and sods previously. I have to say I really didn't like it. But today I listened to their first album, 'Tigermilk' and I loved it. I've now put on the live version of their second album that they recorded at the Barbican and it's also great!

Tired Pony- The Place We Ran From
Edwyn Collins- Losing Sleep
She and Him- Volume Two
Robyn Hitchcock-Propellor Time

But, my very favourite would have to be Carl Barat's eponymous album, really like it. Very different to anything he's done before, and was more exciting than The Libertines reunion in my opinion (and I adore The Libertines!)

Hurts_-_Happiness.jpg

kelis_fleshtone_album_cover_art.jpg

robyn_.jpg

Scissor-Sisters-Night-Work-Album-Art-608x608.jpg

Also the best album cover of the year

progress.jpg

Honourable mentions:
Cee Lo Green - The Lady Killer
Alphabeat - The Spell
Delphic - Acolyte
Kylie - Aphrodite
Pipettes - Earth vs The Pipettes
Brandon Flowers - Flamingo (his best work, only clear after a few listens)

I was a huge Pipettes fan but heard lots of bad things about the new album, and also couldn't find it easily in the record shops.
Is it worth hunting down?

'Iya laaav! I didn't know you were a Maccabees fan, my northern chum? I've met young Orlando. A thoroughly bloody lovely boy, he is.

Ey up me Southern lovelaaaaaay! The joys of living in Laaandaaan, eh? You'v met quite a few folk, innit. I've met nobody (Partly because nobody wants to f***ing speak to me and I'm affirmative on that matter.)

Ey up me Southern lovelaaaaaay! The joys of living in Laaandaaan, eh? You'v met quite a few folk, innit. I've met nobody (Partly because nobody wants to f***ing speak to me and I'm affirmative on that matter.)

'iya laaaaaav! Those were the days, eh? Them there days when I actually LIKED people, and went to places.

Ah, halcyon days.

f*** it, I'll put the kettle on. Tea for two yeah?

Back
Top Bottom