Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

Unfortunately that isn't right, according to the HM customs webpage all items that are bought outside of the EU are liable for VAT even if it is a gift(!), they even use the example of buying a cd from abroad. But it must be down to luck, because I've never been stung so far and I certainly wouldn't be put off from buying over the net because of it, but I know people who have, but in those cases it was relatively large, heavy items. The more anoying thing is that, the cost of VAT on a copy of cds which whilst it is annoying, isn't a great deal of money, but you get charged an extra £8 by Parcel Force for deliverying the package from the Customs to you :eek:

Of course that is for the UK customs, I suggest you look up what the Italian customs webpage has to say.

Personally I use amazon.com, which means the items come via Germany(?)

i use both and have never noticed vat.

Thank you for your help.
Cheers Moz

62b3_1.JPG

:D

Original - This Charming Man 7" (with 'The Smiths' in corner), mint condition, and the 'You Are the Quarry' CD promo.

Gonna go pick up my 'Paris' pre orders from HMV later.

Original - This Charming Man 7" (with 'The Smiths' in corner), mint condition, and the 'You Are the Quarry' CD promo.

Gonna go pick up my 'Paris' pre orders from HMV later.

anything else? what time was you born? what side of the bed did you gat out of? do you like sugar in your tea/coffee:crazy::lbf:

come on ALLIE i'm only messing with him. love, peace and harmony you must indeed now grant me:thumb:

I also bought a framed promotional poster for 'The More You Ignore Me...' to go with my Vauxhall & I and Southpaw Grammar framed posters. Just so you know Beast.

Just got in the post:

Hand in Glove , original 7" vinyl with Portland Street Address

What difference..., original 7" vinyl with Moz on the cover

Thanks to Vinyl Exchange

Cheers Moz

Just got in the post:

Hand in Glove , original 7" vinyl with Portland Street Address

What difference..., original 7" vinyl with Moz on the cover

Thanks to Vinyl Exchange

Cheers Moz

How much was the Hand in Glove? Never noticed that in Vinyl Exchange.

I paid £ 15. Have you ever used vinylnet.co.uk. ? Any feedback?
Cheers Moz

I paid £ 15. Have you ever used vinylnet.co.uk. ? Any feedback?
Cheers Moz

I bought 3 cassette singles off them last Autumn and I wasn't hugely inpressed, they took way to long to arrive and the mis-pressed suedehead cassette had obvious water damage to the inlay even though it was advertised as mint. It wouldn't put me off completely if something was a bargain but I would be a little wary.

A five foot tall promo poster for Certain People I Know--due out Dec. 7, 2002 and promoting In Person, Morrissey for the following gigs: Dec. 11 Sheffield (sold out), Dec. 12 Birmingham, Dec. 14 Newcastle (sold out), Dec. 15 Manchester (sold out), Dec. 16 Glasgow (sold out), Dec. 18 Bristol, Dec. 20 London (sold out).

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom