Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

I wasn't going ot bother with this one, but temptation got the better of me. I do wonder if I'm a bit of a collecting junkie :p Did we ever find out what was significant about December 26?

The Smiths - Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want? cd promo

Attachments

• IMG_0874.JPG
    IMG_0874.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 21
It says "Experimental etch to try & improve positive image of Oscar Wilde 22.2.89".

Interesting - Thanks Stephane. A better quality photo would be greatly appreciated Mikael - how does the experimental etch compare to the final one?

I think we should all be concerned with improving the positive image of Oscar Wilde...

Dave

Thank you!
The Universal CD-R is an odd one.
The insert on mine is also made of plain paper, so is the label on the disc actually.
I was a bit suspicious myself when I first received it, thinking it might not be genuine.
I asked a couple of fellow collectors and it turns out that the copies they own are exactly the same, so that was reassuring.
Just a poor quality CD-R I am afraid...
Still, a rather rare item and a very nice and unique picture on the front cover. :)

Isn't the front insert a thicker card with four perforated edges (thus identifying it as original)?

Interesting Drug Original 7" Single and You Have Killed Me UK Promo Cd in Plastic Sleeve

Cheers Moz

Attachments

• You Have Killed Me.jpg
    You Have Killed Me.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 7
  • Interesting Drug.jpg
    Interesting Drug.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 3
Thank you eils. :)

My copy of Girlfriend In A Coma US promo 12" arrived this morning. This one completes my collection of US promos released on vinyl (in non-stock sleeves). :D

I have those 7 promos as well - but it never occurred to me that I was ticking them off a list of 'US promos released on vinyl (in non-stock sleeves)'

Happy collecting :D

Dave

I have those 7 promos as well - but it never occurred to me that I was ticking them off a list of 'US promos released on vinyl (in non-stock sleeves)'

Happy collecting :D

Dave

Well, it hadn't occurred to me either.
I was going through the various releases on PJLM (as one does on a rainy Wednesday afternoon :)) and it became apparent that there are no others, just these 7.

Hi Mr. Irregular Regular
I really enjoy when you show your collection "In themes"

I do have the "Stop me if you think you heard this one before" and "Headmaster Ritual" with standard Sire label and white cover but can't figure the third one. Please let me know ?
Thanks
S-Plade

Hi Mr. Irregular Regular
I really enjoy when you show your collection "In themes"

I do have the "Stop me if you think you heard this one before" and "Headmaster Ritual" with standard Sire label and white cover but can't figure the third one. Please let me know ?
Thanks
S-Plade

Thank you very much, I am glad you enjoy it. :)
Sometimes I do wonder whether people enjoy seeing it or quite the opposite.
I have thought about this a few times actually... I enjoy posting the photos and would like to think that people who frequent this corner of the forum enjoy seeing them too.

In answer to your question, the 3rd one is Girlfriend In A Coma.

Cheers,

I.R.

Thank you very much, I am glad you enjoy it. :)
Sometimes I do wonder whether people enjoy seeing it or quite the opposite.
I have thought about this a few times actually... I enjoy posting the photos and would like to think that people who frequent this corner of the forum enjoy seeing them too.

In answer to your question, the 3rd one is Girlfriend In A Coma.

Cheers,

I.R.

I do.

I don't post many photos here because I don't really have that much cool stuff.

But yeah, keep the photos coming IR.

The Smiths - Louder Than Bombs Aussie 2cd on the Festival label.

Attachments

• IMG_0876.JPG
    IMG_0876.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0877.JPG
    IMG_0877.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 17
I got my 72nd copy of Viva Hate today, thanks Marcel:)

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom