The Morrissey-solo Wiki is a continual work in progress, most of the data still needs to be populated. See the To Do page if you want to help.
|Hometown||St. Louis, Missouri|
|Record Labels||World Domination, Zona, Galileo, N_Records,|
Test Tube Baby, Attack Records, Sanctuary Records
|Associated Acts||Morrissey, David Bowie|
|Official Website||kristeenyoung.com, Facebook|
- Tour Of The Tormentors MMVI 2006-2007 Pre-show Tracks
- Morrissey on the Russell Brand Show; I Just Want To See The Boy Happy: New Morrissey single; new Kristeen Young single on Attack - release information (November 5, 2006)
- Tour Of Refusal 2009 Pre-show Tracks
- World Tour 2011 Pre-show Tracks
- Statement 21 December - true-to-you.net (December 21, 2011)
- Jesse Tobias statement - true-to-you.net (June 13, 2014)
- Boz Boorer statement - true-to-you.net (June 19, 2014)
American songwriter and keyboardist, born in 1975 in St. Louis, Missouri, USA.
Kristeen Young (born 1975) is an American singer-songwriter and pianist. Originally from St. Louis, Missouri, Young began playing piano as a child. She has released seven studio albums. Young has also sung with several artists including David Bowie, Morrissey, Brian Molko of Placebo and The Damned. She also recorded with record producer Tony Visconti, drummer Dave Grohl, and guitarist Nick Zinner.
Kristeen Young is an American singer-songwriter and pianist. Her touring band is known as KRISTEENYOUNG. Originally from St. Louis, Missouri, Young began playing piano as a teenager and later attended an art school. She has released seven studio albums. Young has also sung with several artists including David Bowie and Morrissey. She also recorded with producer Tony Visconti and musician Dave Grohl.
In 1997, she released her debut album Meet Miss Young and Her All Boy Band. In the early 2000s, she began working with Tony Visconti on Breasticles. Issued in 2003, Breasticles featured a duet with David Bowie, "Saviour". On 2004's X, the opening number "No Other God" was a duet with Brian Molko of Placebo.
Besides her own work, she also featured on other artists' records. She appeared on David Bowie's Heathen in 2002 and she provided the operatic vocals in Morrissey's single "That's How People Grow Up" in 2008. In 2009, Young sang vocals on an alternate version of "New Kid" by Monokino.
In May 2014, Young released her seventh album The Knife Shift: it was recorded with Dave Grohl who played various instruments on it, including drums, piano, guitars and bass.
Young plans on recording a new album in 2016 and touring extensively afterwards.
- Meet Miss Young and Her All Boy Band (1997)
- Enemy (1999)
- Breasticles (2003)
- X (2004)
- The Orphans (2006)
- Music for Strippers, Hookers, and the Odd On-Looker (2009)
- V the Volcanic (2011)
- The Knife Shift (2014)