The Morrissey-solo Wiki is a continual work in progress, most of the data still needs to be populated. See the To Do page if you want to help.
Sing Your Life (single)
|Name||Sing Your Life|
|Release||1 April 1991|
|Art work||Pennie Smith|
|Publisher||HMV Records (UK)|
Sire Records (US)
|Format(s)||7" Vinyl, 12" Vinyl, CD|
|Chart position||UK #33|
Sing Your Life
→Pregnant For The Last Time
UK - [HMV 12POP1626]
US - [Sire/Reprise 9 40084-0]
UK - [HMV CDPOP1626]
US - [Sire/Reprise 9 40084-2]
Sing your life
Any fool can think up words that rhyme Many others do Why don't you? Do you want to?
Sing your life Walk right up to the microphone And name all the things you love All the things that you loathe Sing your life The things that you love And the things that you loathe Oh sing your life Oh sing your life
Sing your life, sing your life Others sang your life But now's your chance to shine And have the pleasure of Saying what you mean Have the pleasure of meaning what you sing Oh, make no mistake, my friend All of this will end So sing it now
All the things you love All the things you loathe Oh sing your life The things that you love And the things that you loathe Oh sing your Oh sing your
Sing your life, sing your life Don't leave it all unsaid Somewhere in the wasteland of your head Oh, head, oh Head Oh, head, oh And make no mistake, my friend Your pointless life will end
But before you go Can you look at the truth? You have a lovely singing voice A lovely singing voice And all of those Who sing on key They stole the notion From you and me
So sing your life Sing your life Sing your life Oh sing your... Oh sing your...
Sing your life Sing your life Sing your life Oh sing your...
Sing your life Sing your life
- Directed by Tim Broad
Play count (Morrissey concert): 51
Morrissey live history:
- Aberdeen, Scotland 1991-05-14 (Morrissey concert)
- Auckland, New Zealand 1991-09-08 (Morrissey concert)
- Baltimore, Maryland 1991-07-08 (Morrissey concert)
- Berkeley, California 1991-06-08 (Morrissey concert)
- Berlin, Germany 1991-05-05 (Morrissey concert)
- Blackburn, England 1991-07-26 (Morrissey concert)
- Bournemouth, England 1991-10-06 (Morrissey concert)
- Brighton, England 1991-07-22 (Morrissey concert)
- Brisbane, Australia 1991-09-11 (Morrissey concert)
- Chicago, Illinois 1991-06-25 (Morrissey concert)
- Kill Uncle
- Live In Dallas
- Sing Your Life (single)
- The Malady Lingers On
- ¡Oye Esteban!
- ¡The Best Of! Morrissey
- Bass - Jonny Bridgwood
- Drums - Andrew Paresi
- Guitar - Mark E Nevin
- Guitar [Second] - Boz Boorer
- Harmonica - Alain Whyte
- Mastered By - Tim Young
- Photography By - Pennie Smith
- Producer - Clive Langer & Alan Winstanley
- Vocals [Additional] - Suggs
"With thanks to Jim Moir"
Made in Gt. Britain [on labels] Sleeve printed in England. Manufactured in England. [on cover back]
Taken from the LP 'Kill Uncle' [on label side A]
Comes in a black poly lined inner sleeve.
- Sing Your Life - Discogs master release: https://www.discogs.com/master/5224
- Sing Your Life (12" 45 RPM Single) - Discogs release: https://www.discogs.com/Morrissey-Sing-Your-Life/release/997942
"Sing Your Life" is a single by Morrissey released in April 1991. It was the second single taken from the Kill Uncle album. On release this was Morrissey's lowest charting single in the UK charts, reaching only number 33. One of the single's B-sides was a cover version of "That's Entertainment" by The Jam which had backing vocals by "Chas Smash", a.k.a. Carl Smyth the second singer of the band Madness. Vic Reeves also recorded backing vocals for the song, but they weren't included in the final version. He is thanked in the sleeve notes.