The Morrissey-solo Wiki is a continual work in progress, most of the data still needs to be populated. See the To Do page if you want to help.
What's The World?
|THE SMITHS song|
|Name||What's The World?|
|Album/single||I Started Something I Couldn't Finish (single)|
Sweet And Tender Hooligan (single)
|Length||2:05 (Live performance only)|
|Writer/composer||J. Glennie/P. Gilbertson/G. Whelan/T.Booth|
Collectively known as James
|Producer||Grant Showbiz (Live recording)|
|Recorded||Glasgow, September 25, 1985|
This is a cover of a song by James from their "Jimone" single (November, 1983).
"Um ... this song was written by ... erm, erm..."
What would you sell? Loose glasses and suit Heart and soul Won't wear out
That's not enough! I wonder what's inside Fish fillet knife Can cut Right through my eye...
I'm looking for some words To call my own Worn-out phrases And a hand-me-down
They'll knock me Under where I stand Sad on his back In a corned beef pan
Going under You can feel them pulling me down To the rust inside...
This is the way... Franken-star is born
Bits and pieces Others have worn All held together by a management glue Too much glue Watch the stars turn blue Turn blue Turn blue Turn blue Turn blue
I'm going under You can feel them pulling me down To the halls of rust Eeh...
I, I, I, I, I... Thank you...
Play count (The Smiths concert): 7
The Smiths live history:
- Aberdeen, Scotland 1985-09-30 (The Smiths concert)
- Dundee, Scotland 1985-09-26 (The Smiths concert)
- Edinburgh, Scotland 1985-09-24 (The Smiths concert)
- Glasgow, Scotland 1985-09-25 (The Smiths concert)
- Inverness, Scotland 1985-10-01 (The Smiths concert)
- Irvine, Scotland 1985-09-22 (The Smiths concert)
- Lerwick, Scotland 1985-09-28 (The Smiths concert)
Play count (Morrissey concert): 0