Best/Worst B-side (not necessarily by the seaside)

Best: Sister I’m A Poet, Yes I Am Blind, I’d Love To
Worst: Cosmic Dancer, Judy Is A Punk, Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way

Cosmic Dancer? How dare you!
You should have seen /listened the live version in Utrecht in May 91 .First row, Morrissey eyes , Alain on guitar..

Cosmic Dancer? How dare you!
You should have seen /listened the live version in Utrecht in May 91 .First row, Morrissey eyes , Alain on guitar..

Well, that beats any b-side.

:cool:

Jack The Ripper, I'd Love To, I Know Very Well How I Got My Name, Disappointed, I Thought You Were Dead and many more.
Have to say not been keen on live 'covers' as b-sides, don't feel some fans are as likely to buy a single with a cover as a b-side.
The days of 4 track 12 inch singles were very special, eg. Everyday Is Like Sunday.

It's quite nice to see proper B-sides making something of a return with Morrissey's last three vinyl single releases.
Interestingly, if we don't count the plethora of live tracks and a couple of Viva Hate-era outtakes, then there have only been 4 new studio-recorded B-sides between Sweetie Pie (2006) and I Thought You Were Dead (2019). And since that quartet were featured on editions of All You Need is Me and Throwing My Arms Around Paris (2009), that means there were really none at all worth mentioning for 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom